• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Should I stay away from girlfriend and can I eat edibles

Preytor

Bluelighter
Going to lump two questions into one since I didn't know where to post the first part of the post and it seems people around here have better medical knowledge than I do.

Been living with my girl during the covid crisis and it seems likely that she's got it( sore throat, difficulty breathing, slight fever, cough). Her symptoms started yesterday although they had been only minor but since I didn't realise what happened I still kissed her/had sex until a few hours ago when she got worse. I've only got a sore throat that is barely noticeable so far but I am assuming I got it. Is there any point in distancing myself so I am not exposed to it more or since I've already kissed her today it won't make a difference and I can sleep in the same bed rather than the couch?

Also is there any risk in eating edibles while having it? Need something to help go through the symptoms and my girlfriend's whining. Obviously don't want to be smoking or vaping anything but don't see why edibles will hurt

Peace and stay safe

Last edited:
Salutations Preytor,

Obviously don't want to be smoking or vaping...

Really? I mean how is that so obvious?... Before prohibition cannabis got sold to asthmatics for a reason i figure:

Although i concur with the opinion that smoking is no option anyway, euh... Well i sure got to wonder what's the exact reasoning behind such affirmative statement as quoted above.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Since Covid-19 attacks the lungs (and possibly other organs), I would think it wise to steer clear of smoking or vaping. As for cannabis being beneficial for asthmatics, there are certainly terpenes that act as bronchodilators so that's not too much of a stretch.

As for the answer to your first question, I can't say if you should stay away, but if you already have it, I don't see what good that would do. But I don't think it's the worst idea to stay away from edibles. I know THC affects how anesthesia works on the body and if you were to have complications or need to be hospitalized (hopefully not), then having one less thing for the doctors to worry about would probably help you.

Best of luck!

Salutations Preytor,

Really? I mean how is that so obvious?... Before prohibition cannabis got sold to asthmatics for a reason i figure:

Although i concur with the opinion that smoking is no option anyway, euh... Well i sure got to wonder what's the exact reasoning behind such affirmative statement as quoted above.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Thank you for the advice guys, I'll just take it a bit easy with the drugs for now.

You should check in the hospital. You don't fuck around with Pretzel-19, before you go on with your daily life you should consult the doctor. I am pretty stunned to see you so laid back. But you know better after all.

Both of you should definitely self isolate. I suspect I had it mid March and it took a good 15 days to feel better and recovered. Right now it doesn't matter about the what ifs, just assume you do have it for the sake of safety to yourself and others.

Also, I stated consuming more edibles and it helped a lot with the symptoms at night and anxiety regarding the whole situation. What form of edibles will you be taking?

You really shouldn’t smoke if you have corona, edibles are fine. You shouldn’t really smoke cannabis with asthma either. It’ll fuck your lungs up in the end. I know because I’ve got asthma and smoked for years and now my lungs are now really bad.
I know cannabis has certain compounds that relieve asthma but smoke and the tar that comes with it will damage lungs that are already compromised by lets say asthma or chest infections caused by corona.
...and look after your girl, she might be suffering more than your drugged upself.