• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I seek therapy for bad acid trip?

what are you saying? Counseling is the greatest treatment for PTSD there is! it won't cure it but it'll help you live with it
I was abused as a child if i never talked through it with counseling i'd still be doing the stuff i don't want to go into right now

The worst thing you can do is worry about it. Also, don't go to a school counseling office, that's a really bad idea. You should only get therapy if you can find someone who specializes in HPPD. Most people don't even know what it is.

OK some people will probably call me crazy for suggesting this, but IMO and from previous experience, the best possible remedy for a bad trip is a good trip (or better yet, a few of them).

I am not sure if that is the best advice but I understand where you are coming from and this has worked for me in the past.

This is the reason I always have sedatives available when I trip. Last time I did mushrooms I tripped way too hard and I'm so glad I had a bottle of chloral hydrate to help me through it.

If you have any friends that trip and have had there ups and downs, talk to them as they might have had the same as your having. We all have had a variety that can help or hurt tho the hurt can sometimes be a key to enlightenment about ourselves. And not to demean therapy but you can get a therapist that is an asshole that will guide you nowhere. Try hard to keep a positive additude and go forward. Hold off on the Acid an even shrooms until you think it might do you good and only then. Its not a party high for everybody. And for some its only for introspection. Good luck on your tour of the other side of life.

Hi jackhunter24, I was reading this old post and wondering if you are ok now? I don't know if this thread is dead, but I had a really bad trip where I had to be hospitalized for a little bit, and I certainly came of it. I can share some of the experience if you would like, but I hope you are ok and it isn't necessary. LSD can be a usual tool for growth of the spirit.

Hi jackhunter24, I was reading this old post and wondering if you are ok now? I don't know if this thread is dead, but I had a really bad trip where I had to be hospitalized for a little bit, and I certainly came of it. I can share some of the experience if you would like, but I hope you are ok and it isn't necessary. LSD can be a unusual tool for growth of the spirit.

Therapy or counseling will do you no good. Basically all you're doing is sitting there yakking. How is that going to change your brain chemistry? Telling somebody that you did acid will only make you seem like a druggy and they will probably be dismissive. The problem is that you took acid while on Prozac. You aren't the first to report this. I think we can conclude that acid and Prozac are not a good combination. Will youi get back to normal? Who the hell knows. Have to wait and see I guess. I think they're prescribing Prozac for just about anything these days. Must be handsome kickbacks involved I guess. Or maybe when they have no other answer to aproblem they just throw Prozac at it. I wouldn't take it myself but I'll leave it to you to do the research and decide for yourself. Maybe it helps you, maybe it doesn't, maybe the help it does isn't worth it, I don't know. I've just read a lot of bad things about it.

I've said this before...you have no idea what you are talking about.

OK some people will probably call me crazy for suggesting this, but IMO and from previous experience, the best possible remedy for a bad trip is a good trip (or better yet, a few of them).

Yeah, I can relate to this.