Should i just give in? or finish tapering

Fyasko.

Bluelighter
So when my parents came to find out that their son was gay, they weren't exactly thrilled about it. this happened about 2013 when I was a mere 16 years old. verbal and psychological abuse to no end because they knew if anything was done physically I would have proof of abuse (I made it abundantly clear that their choice of words were mildly equivalent to torture) that caused some very big issues for me in highschool, I started experimenting and found myself about a year later being admitted to a rehab for stimulant addiction. my dad is very overweight and I think personally I took amphetamines because I wanted to be as skinny as a twig AND they made me happy (artificially I know). I am thankful for what happened as nowadays I see my friends dabbling with amphetamines and am able to warn them of the psychological/physiological dangers.

anyways i have taken Effexor on and off since that period (its been a godsend) and I ended up taking benzodiapines as prescribed for the anxiety attacks that came with the depression. I've been tapering off of my clonazepam for a few months now and my life is noticeably different and not for the better. I had to move back home with my parents, I'm just trying to restart college, I'm working full time to get myself out of car debt from a crash i got into, AND DEALING WITH BENZO WITHDRAWAL SIMULTANEIOUSLY.

then it dawned on me;
I'm tapering off of this medication for no reason other than i don't want to fuck up my brain so to speak.
my issues at home have not been resolved, and i have a LOT of personal work to be done.

my question is:
Is it logical of me to think that i should stay on my prescribed medication routine instead of tapering, until i feel like my life is at a spot where i can afford to be bedridden, anxious and just dealing with the effects of benzo withdrawal? I'm prescribed 1mg/2x daily clonazepam and got down to just needing 0.5mg as of a few days ago. but like i said things haven't been so hot for me and what prompted all of this is a fight with my mom today and my reaction of basically pre-seizure symptoms (tremors, shaking, rapid light breathing, trembling voice) was enough for me to say Fuck it I'm prescribed this medication FOR THIS EXACT REASON WHY AM I GETTING OFF OF THIS STUFF THATS PRESCRIBED FOR THIS PROBLEM.

i cant tell if i just am coming up with excuses in my head. my mom said today that i had fried my brain on klonopin (I'm actually really smart. 3rd in CA in high school for pharmacology, I'm actually a commodity/forex trader self employed and i taught myself everything i know) just their words and behavior towards me really leave a mark and I'm afraid if i get off my meds ill be doing more harm than good to myself.

thanks in advance for responses, and i haven't posted on here in a long time so sorry if its too long or boring :?

don't go back to 2mg. worst case scenario take .5mg twice a day. ideal is to just stay where you're at until you're ready to pick up the taper again, so .25 twice a day unless that's too low to produce any therapeutic effect and only draws it out for you.

you obviously haven't fried your brain on klonopin, but lots of people say the make the symptoms they were prescribed for worse when used long term.

sucks about your parents being mean. can only imagine how rough that is. opposite of support when you really need it.