• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Should I go to detox?

EliseBug

Greenlighter
Im withdrawing from Lyrica cold turkey almost (200mg a day i had some extra from another bottle) I have clonazepam and some trialozam bur have a pretty high tolerance to both.
Im using tizanidin and clonodine to get through it but am afraid I’ll just have more that im addicted to by the end of the two weeks I don’t have Lyrica.

My doctor also tried to call the pharmacy but they could put it through due to state limitations.

Does anyone have any advice? I also have gabapentin but it doesn’t seem to be doing much if anything at all.

Is this a regular medication you're on? You just ran out early?

Detox won't give you pregabalin if that's what you're withdrawaling from. Plus, you already have exactly what they would give you at detox (valium, clonidine, muscle relaxers, gabapentin).

Is none of that stuff helping? Are you also dependent on benzos?

Outside of the Coleman Institute, which gives you a benzo receptor antagonist for 10 days, I know of no benzo detox in the truest sense of the word. I almost did it, but decided to tough it out with the help of carbamazepine. I highly, highly recommend carbamazepine.

In my experience, with carbamazepine, acute withdrawal wasn't that bad. But the cognitive impairment lasted for a solid year. Nothing helped with that, at all. One day, I just noticed it started to get a lot better.