View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Should I Do DXM Again?

ImAShark

Greenlighter
I've had three experiences with DXM. One decent, one alright, and one negative. About a month and a half ago I dosed on 240mg, and reached what I would saw was a mid second-plateau trip, where I felt a mix of drunk and stoned (drunk more so) and was loud and talkative. Then about a week later I dosed on 510mg, where I was on about a third plateau trip, feeling extremely disoriented and had racing thoughts, and couldn't fall asleep that night. Then about a month after that I dosed on 300mg and felt extremely depressed and felt as if life has no purpose. This was a high second to low third plateau trip (yes, I'm really light). That was about 3 weeks ago, and when I was tripping that last time I said that I would never do DXM again. Obviously I still want to, but I don't want to unless there is a high chance of having a positive experience. I was thinking of dosing on about 600mg and playing music that I like and really just looking into life and hopefully looking back onto past memories that I had forgotten about, but I don't want to have a bad trip. Any advice on what I can do to put myself in a good mood and hopefully enjoy the experience? Or should I just not do DXM?

Well i think that you want to do it again, which is going to subconsciously propel you into having a better experience. And honestly i think heading for a 3rd plateau is the way to go because for me, if I under dose i get a very paradoxical reaction with DXM that is strangely negative in many ways.

Maybe one way to put yourself in a good mood would be to go for a walk or run or bike ride depending on what type of person you are and getting some exercise to get the oxygen and blood flowing real nice and ready to get all excited and trippy. Shower and then go into it feeling refreshed and ready to explore the mind.

Like most drugs, you'll get the best results by ingesting the drug while in a positive mood. There's a 50/50 chance you'll feel even worse if you're already in a shit mood while taking it. Make sure you're in a good mood the next time you dose.

Also, here's something that's worked with me in the past:
Try ingesting caffeine a couple hours prior to taking DXM. Your trip will be more vibrant and alive.

Do you have clean product? In my experience, a lot of negativity can come from distracting adulterants.

DXM varies a lot qualitatively, where other drugs would vary quantitatively. That's to say: if one trip of a certain dose doesn't work out, there's often an argument for just trying another dose, be it higher or lower.

600mg sounds fine. I'd advise against caffeine prior, but it probably isn't that big of a deal.

I've had three experiences with DXM. One decent, one alright, and one negative. About a month and a half ago I dosed on 240mg, and reached what I would saw was a mid second-plateau trip, where I felt a mix of drunk and stoned (drunk more so) and was loud and talkative. Then about a week later I dosed on 510mg, where I was on about a third plateau trip, feeling extremely disoriented and had racing thoughts, and couldn't fall asleep that night. Then about a month after that I dosed on 300mg and felt extremely depressed and felt as if life has no purpose. This was a high second to low third plateau trip (yes, I'm really light). That was about 3 weeks ago, and when I was tripping that last time I said that I would never do DXM again. Obviously I still want to, but I don't want to unless there is a high chance of having a positive experience. I was thinking of dosing on about 600mg and playing music that I like and really just looking into life and hopefully looking back onto past memories that I had forgotten about, but I don't want to have a bad trip. Any advice on what I can do to put myself in a good mood and hopefully enjoy the experience? Or should I just not do DXM?

Hey, dude. In my opinion, you should space out your trips a little more. You're ingesting quite a bit in a short period of time.

Regarding positivity, it all depends on your mind state. DXM in higher doses can bring great amounts of euphoria if you're in a good mood prior to your trip. I know this from personal experience. Also, you should watch some movies high! DXM is fantastic when doing/watching things you like. :)