• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Should I continue taking Kratom ?

RippinItUp

Greenlighter
So i've been off Suboxone now (tapered down to 1mg approx) for about a week. I've been taking Kratom (approx 3-5g 3-4 times a day) for the past 5 days now along with 3-6mg of Xanax a day to help ease the worst of the w/d's. My question is, should I continue taking the Kratom + Benzo's for a few more days to allow the Suboxone w/d's to pass a bit further then stop everything, or at this point am I prolonging the w/d?
Will I still have Kratom or Benzo w/d's Ive only been taking this much everday for a little under a week.

Thanks !

Propably no wds if you quit now. Continue tapering the subuxone and only take withdrawal helpers when you completely stop the bupre.

Propably no wds if you quit now. Continue tapering the subuxone and only take withdrawal helpers when you completely stop the bupre.

I've already been off the bupe for 8 days now, I'm just wondering if I should continue taking the Kratom for a few more days incase the Bupe w/d's are still lingering.
Thanks!

The bupre wds might take months. I think you should quit xanax and start tapering the kratom.

How long did you take bupre for?

The bupre wds might take months. I think you should quit xanax and start tapering the kratom.

How long did you take bupre for?

I was on the Bupe for about 11 months, 8 months at 8mg, then down to 4mg for a month, then 2mg for a month, then cut down to just under 1mg per day before I quit. Havn't taken any Kratom or Xanax today, I did before I went to bed however.

Well it would be over faster if you didnt take any kratom at all of course but if you want it to be not horrible just taper the kratom.

Stop the Xanax, taper the kratom... about 3 grams less each subsequent day. Save the Xanax for when you're off all opiates.

It's impossible to say at which point is the best to discontinue the kratom. There isn't exactly one point where the bupe withdrawals will be over but where you haven't yet developed an physical addiction to kratom. Doesn't really work that way. Instead you have been alleviating bupe withdrawals with kratom, in essence your already addicted to both and have just switched from one to the other.

best to do like everyone has said. Discontinue benzos before they become a problem and start tapering the kratom.

I’ve been trying to get clean too from H, the Xanax has been the only thing that has ever gotten me thru the WD’s. I’m 27, been addicted for 10 years with sober periods here and there. My problems is that I can’t get any doctor to prescribe me any type of benzo JUST for a week to get through the withdrawals because of the whole new thing with dr’s being so scared to prescribe benzos.(I’ve been to at least there psychologists) Does anyone know who to go to for a script in this situation? or where to go on the street- I hate to ask that but I’m desperate to get clean.

That’s ok. I know this site has changed a lot since years ago but thought it was worth a try :( thanks anyway.

The longer you stay on kratom the more likely it is you'll become dependent and start having withdrawals. It's a balancing act, use your best judgement but use the kratom as little as possible.