• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Should I complain at doctor's treatment of me?

ramblin_rose

Bluelighter
Hi, all. I suffer from chronic migraines. Sometimes they get so bad I have to go to the Urgent Care section of my doctor's office, this is when my regular meds don't work. I take fiorocet (no codeine) and axert. My regular doctor knows this as she prescribed it. However, my psychiatrist prescribes tramadol and only take it as needed (which is hardly ever).
This morning I went to Urgent Care and saw a doc I haven't seen before. She didn't ask me if I was on any new medication and only went through some of what I'm normally prescribed. She did ask me if I had taken any tramadol this morning and I said no because I hadn't. Maybe I should have but I didn't volunteer that I had taken a fiorocet several hours earlier.

She did some tests and left the room.
She came back and said I was exhibiting signs of narcotic use like cocaine or marijuana. I told her about the fiorocet and she said, "I asked you earlier if you had taken anything and you said no. " I quickly corrected her and reminded her that she only asked about tramadol. She said my pupils were too small and I would only get 10 pain pills. Fine with me, that's all I need.

I felt profiled because she didn't ask me what medications I had taken or if I had started anything new. My regular doctor is at the same clinic so it should be in my file that I've been there several times in the past few years for migraines. (Note: my psychiatrist has me on ambien and xanax (for about 6 years) and a month and a half ago we switched from Strattera to Vyvanse. I'm also on Latuda.)

I don't know if I'm going to be red-flagged or not, is there a way I can find out? Can I write a letter complaining of how I was treated, I have never been treated that way in all my years of being a patient there. Will the letter do more harm than good?

*I have to call tomorrow for a referral to a neurologist for my migraines so maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. I'm sensitive to this because I have federal licenses that I don't want to lose because one person had doubts.

Sorry, forgot to say that I had taken a Fiorocet earlier in the morning, just not Tramadol. She only asked about Tramadol.

Hey are you in the US or UK?

I know that in the UK you can apply to have your medical records corrected if you feel that something has been recorded and it is wrong.

I would speak to the practice manager and explain how you feel that that you feel that your quality of care has been downgraded due to a personal witch-hunt for a simple mistake.

I'm in the US. And my licenses are a Federal Firearm's License and a state issued CHL, just fyi. I felt like I should have said something while I was there but I felt so bad that everything was a blur.

Thanks DocFrancis.
I made a complaint and they said nothing was noted in my record but they would address it with the doctor.