• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Should I complain about bitchy remark?

Zoloft77

Greenlighter
Hey guys

Hope you are as well as can be right now

I was at a health professions waiting room and heard the receptionist make an insulting remark about someone that could only have referred to me....I was the only one in there. I It may go directly through her. I think its unprofessional and he should train his staff to reflect better on him.

What do you guys think? Feedback/comments or similar experiences

Hey there, I see this is your first post, welcome to bluelight!

As for your question, I would ask what their complaints procedure was and follow it. You should write down now what you remember so that you’re not forgetting any details.

Be as factual as possible, try to keep emotion out of it, you can of course say at the end how it affected you but you don’t want to write a story as it were.

It’s horrible when you’ve been spoken about in such a way but just remember it’s a reflection of that person not of you. They are the ones with the issue.

Hey guys

Hope you are as well as can be right now

I was at a health professions waiting room and heard the receptionist make an insulting remark about someone that could only have referred to me....I was the only one in there. I It may go directly through her. I think its unprofessional and he should train his staff to reflect better on him.

What do you guys think? Feedback/comments or similar experiences

I am from a different era it seems,. There was a time that direct confrontation at the time of a bitchy comment directly to the person was just how it was.

Their response to this could range from denying the reference to yourself to an argument or some grovelling apology at the time.

These days people tend to go to supervisors or others and expect them to do something, which can backfire or just get ignored, wouldn't recommend it personally.

I suppose after the fact making a complaint might address it but unlikely the stupid bitch would feel she screwed up professionally and probably get away with it.

I had a confrontation with the receptionist at my doctor about paying a no show fee- I didn't attend the day before and had no issue with the fee but they wanted more than advertised online, said I owed too much and implied the fee was always fifty not thirty.

As a long time patient, I knew this was wrong as the fee was only introduced this year and website said thirty.

They were very rude and I didn't appreciate it, I was late by 15 minutes and missed my appointment but was kept waiting an hour the next day and on top of that they were wrong and snide.

So I said I would pay the 50 and wanted a receipt to send to the ombudsman as they were clearly overcharging .

She got very angry and I insisted I was wrong but charged me 30 , I was not friendly about it either so probably ruined her day more than she did mine.

Just think of a backhanded compliment to use next time you bump into her, it's better than making a complaint, it generally does nothing.

I honestly would not worry about it. It probably wasn't about you anyway. If it were, who cares what a receptionist is saying? Take it as constructive criticism.