• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Should I call my pain management doctor or ignore the change in email?

M

Marysmith 1903

I am a regular pain management patient. I have to attend a monthly appointment to get my prescriptions. The week before my scheduled appointment, I get an automatically generated email from a patient management site utilized by my doctor. It says " You have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday, March 15th at 1pm with Dr. Steve Jones."
However, the email I received said "You have an appointment scheduled for Tuesday, March 15th at 1pm with Susie Hall."

Susie Hall is the receptionist/assistant office manager. I immediately had a panic attack, as I am thinking I am being fired. Should I call the office tomorrow and ask about it? Or will that make me seem paranoid?

Or, should I just suck up my anxiety and attend the scheduled appointment as if nothing was out of the ordinary? Please post this thread in Other Drugs.

Thank you.

No I don't think it will make you seem paranoid. Just give them a call letting them know about the two phone calls. Ask them if you're still set to see Dr. Jones and that the message was confusing. Will move to Other Drugs.