• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Should I bother giving a Methaqualone a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely would have been in the minority among people with access to both back when - and I don't think that was just because of the stigma associated with "reds", "yellows" and "tuinals". Barbs feel like booze basically - booze in a pill - with booze sort of stupidity and side effects. Methaqualone felt more euphoric and much lighter on the body - at least that's how I remember it many years later anyway. Red and Yellows and Tuinals were associated with drooling and doing stupid shit and passing out/dying- ludes were associated with partying and sex and fun. Both were (IMO) infinitely more pleasurable than benzos.

Of course they'd both be better than benzos, but the toxicity of the barbs just make them really scary. Although I'm 28, I never got the chance to try methaqualone and only once did I try Seconal and to be honest I don't really remember the experience. I know this one lady that goes to the same psychiatrist that I go to and she gets Seconals. He gives her 30 a month, but she says they dispense it for her weekly (so she picks up 7 every week). It was because of her that I got to try it.

I've also done phenobarbital, but that's nothing special. I also did the barbiturate that comes in the Fiorcet formulation. That wasn't anything special either.

^kokaino is exactly right.

The theraputic index of benzos makes them much safer than barbs in an overdose situation.

Take ten times your regular benzo dose and you'll probably live. Take ten times your regular barb dose and you'll probably die.

^ Ten times your regular barb dose and you'd be long gone. I hear a regular therapeutic dose mixed with moderate amounts of alcohol can end up in an overdose.

Anyone here tied both Methaqualone and Etaqualone ? (I mean on seperate occasions, not taking both at the same time ! ;) )

I'd be very interested to hear the opinions of the people who are able to make the comparison from personal experience.

Last edited:
Excellent. Well I guess im lucky to be in a place I can give this a try! I will get some dosage recommendations from my dealer based on what his customers usually take and then reduce that alot to test safely, and work from that. I will take orally and submit a trip report. I would also use once a week or so as a special occasion. Closest to opiates I have tried is my regular Kratom usage so I will try compare to that if possible.

Let me tell you a story I heard- years ago, someone I know- certainly NOT me! And like I said, years ago, when Quaaludes were still around in the US, my friend was visiting NYC, and was given a pill. Half the pill was swallowed around 8pm, effects were felt kicking in, but not to the point of not being able to function- within about an hour and a half. Around 11 the rest of the pill was consumed. The pill taker was pretty well flying... Best way to describe it was my friend "felt like Gumby" ... Like the brain was still working for the most part, but the body felt like it was made of silly putty or something. Very euphoric... But different than anything else. There's nothing to really directly compare it with. Definitely some motor control issues, and not a substance to play around with, but it's a shame it's gone from most of the world because it sounds like an awful lot of fun.

I'm sure methaqualone is wonderful and all but I'd bet my left nut that it has got nothing on a nice shot of morphine or heroin.

South FL. Can get these all day (srs)

Really? Methaqualone has been Schedule I (meaning you can't get it prescribed) in the United States since 1984. So you're saying you're getting black market Methaqualone? Interesting.....

I was under the impression that it was only available in Europe and Africa.

^ even though i never took methaqualone and it does sound like a lot of fun i agree completely with this.
edit: i meant kokaino's post

Wow, people smoking methaqualone.

Talk about wasting a drug that 99.9% of all BLers would love to try.
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=20671 Apparently either smoking it is way more potent or the pills are very strong. One pill has 16 knock you on your ass hits. A few people can get very high off smoking 1 pill.
sockpuppet said:
As has been noted above the US ludes did not have the antihistamines that Mandrax did.....a definite plus I'm guessing though I only did ours and never Mandys....
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1402450/ Some studies show that diphenhydramine helps methaqualone dissolve and get absorbed quick in some preparation. Others say it doesn't make a difference. Funny how the older mandrax had the highest peak. Either they changed the inactives or Mandrax is like wine, it gets better with age=D. A plus if you're
digging around your grandma's medicine cabinet.

The inactive ingredients can have a strong effect on absorption. Rorer took out a patent claiming they made a preparation with even quicker absorption than the other ones. They never brought it to market.
chase_in_56ace said:
South FL. Can get these all day (srs)
Does it say Lemmon 714? Unless you found it in your parents medicine cabinet you got yourself a 40mg Valium. Not bad if you got it cheap, but if you paid the prices I've read/heard real methqualone goes for you got burned. What irony, Lemmons are lemons.If it's says Rorer 714, color orange with AS, MX, has a swazi, or comes in a blue capsule it may well be real.

They still make those boot mimics with diazepam, called ludas in spainish. They're actually quiet common in Mexico and Colombia, sometimes they're smuggled to the US. It's generally know that they're not real, it's just taken as a 40mg Valium.
Strange how they still make them, the market's more for locals, yet Mandrax was more popular when it was around in those countries. And no one in the US remembers Lemmon 714s(pun not intended).

But maybe you got a good connect. I've heard rumors that rarely they actually put real methaqualone in the Lemmons. And I've heard rumors of capsules with methqualone going around, but that was before Operation Lude Behavior.

OP I must stress that the o-toluidine/other impurities are bad shit. Theres' a paper called "Necrotizing cystitis. Secondary to "bootleg" methaqualone." I can't find the whole study, but it mentions blood in piss. It's not acutely toxic, but O-toluidine is a possible carcinogen and can cause methemoglobinemia. It's hard to remove the impurities, probably one reason it's not found in the west even though it's easy to make. Some claimed to have figured out how, but the Indian labs often don't bother. I'd make sure it's a reputable source.

I almost feel like flying to South Africa just for the sativas and mandies. But I'm just a druggie;).

^ when i first read about the mandrax abuse in south africa i had exactly the same thought.

Excellent. Well I guess im lucky to be in a place I can give this a try! I will get some dosage recommendations from my dealer based on what his customers usually take and then reduce that alot to test safely, and work from that. I will take orally and submit a trip report. I would also use once a week or so as a special occasion. Closest to opiates I have tried is my regular Kratom usage so I will try compare to that if possible.

Don't take it orally!!
Don't take it at all!
"Buttons"/(methaqualone) are made in clandestine labs (Usually in India) and are NOT made to be taken orally.
They are cut with so many unknown chemicles and are made for smoking (with a bottle neck of cannabis and tobacco plus the button).
The pills you are getting are not at all like the pharmaceutical mandrax that used to be available.
I have never known anyone who would take these pills(buttons) orally.
They are smoked in a "white pipe" (described above) only.
When smoked this way there is an intense(but dirty) rush followed by lethargy.

These are not pills for oral consumpion.

OP please PM me before you do anything.

I agree that the impurities are bad. Perhaps I should have said it more forceful. Also the impurities are very bad. Not just o-toluidine, but a bunch of other shit. Many buttons have other isomers that are really toxic. The common adulterants are diphenhydramine and diazepam, usually not too much though, sometimes really high. From what I've read they vary in methaqualone levels from really weak to much stronger than any pharm brand. I can't find out what the binders are, but I did read that they're there to help it burn and they fuck up the lungs. Also heard that taking buttons orally makes you sick. Funny, usually on bluelight they say don't smoke pills ever.

I'd say we should have a "Methaqualone Purification Thread" but anyone smoking mandies probably doesn't have an internet connection or would really care. Even then, from research, making methaqualone pure enough to be safe isn't that easy. The patents leave out details, research paper often don't make it pharm grade, and the tek online will leave impurites. There are tricks that are proprietary. Though somehow that "lude behavior" lab did make it rather pure.

The Indian gangs seem to have the same standard with buttons that the Mexican cartels have with heroin. High yeilds, purity and safety be damned.

I wonder if etaqualone might have similar problems.Which also sometimes appears in buttons/boots.

I am positive I have methaqulone. A friend of mine got busted w it, I still have the link to the jail booking info where it said possession. Of methaqulone

Damn, you're luckly, but sorry about your friend:(.

Let's hope this becomes a trend(or not):D.

^ this so very much. shit, i'd pay top money for a bottle of real 'ludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.