• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Should I be worried!?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Basically last night went like any other night I'd use, except I did one shot that was just right at the line of amazing vs too much. Anyway, I woke up this morning to find my toes all swollen, part of my foot swollen, a giant blister on the heel of both my feet, fluid just kinda chilling and causing swelling, and I just don't know what's going on. Did I hit an artery or a nerve maybe? I have feeling everywhere, albeit less feeling in some places like where swelling or a "blister" is. What confused me the most is the swelling and discoloration is symmetrical throughout my body, both hands are symmetrically fucked up as she both feet. Kind of freaking out, any ideas? The urgent care I went to didn't do shit for me other than say it was "probably viral or something".

Q7dCvfV.jpg

Last edited:
I would go to the emergency room. This is nothing to play with. I caught MRSA by shooting up in a bathtub once and it abscessed so bad that it was a close call to amputation, I needed plastic surgery to cover up the nasty brown discoloration all over my ankle...

I would go to the emergency room. This is nothing to play with. I caught MRSA by shooting up in a bathtub once and it abscessed so bad that it was a close call to amputation, I needed plastic surgery to cover up the nasty brown discoloration all over my ankle...
Looked into it a little more, came across something called Renauld's syndrome. I believe this to be the cause, but a more extreme case due to the meth. Feeling returned to all my fingers and all my toes (though not fully for my big toe). Swelling and fluid under the skin hasn't changed but I'm hoping it will with time.

UPDATE:
After some more research, and based on the location of swelling on the hands/feet, it's possible I may have hit a nerve as the symptoms match those of Peripheral Neuropathy. It definitely isn't Deep Vein Thombosis because there's no leg swelling.

Last edited:
Be mindful that meth will also make you over think things and be a perfectionist, leading you to possibly believe all of the physical complaints to be exaggerated? I have a feeling you will be ok in a few days you need resting time. You said the ER cleared you, right? Count your blessings and stop shooting up.

Almost losing an arm to MRSA, (Ironicly I was actually cleaning the needle with rubbing alcohol when I jabbed my hand), I think that a few days is way too risky. I never wait more then 24 hours after an incident. If its messed up I wait until the next morning; no change or worse equals going to ER. Its scary to think Vancomyacin is starting not to work.

Yeah. When I caught my abcess in my ankle, I let it get worse and didn't go to the hospital for about 4 days, I actually tried to sleep it off or hope it would go away, I had no clue it was MRSA, and didn't realize how close I could of been to amputation. Definetly not a joke. But he said he went to the ER already and theu cleared him. So thats why I said maybr he is over worrying? Idk for me personally, when I do meth, I over analyze things.

That's just me

I did to urgent care, and I had a very high heart rate from last night's use as well as me freaking out. They asked if I took any medication or drugs that day, to which I said they I take kratom in the morning before work and described its anxiolytic properties and known ability to help with depression. From that point on they looked at me differently and had a different attitude towards me that seemed like they just wanted me out of there so I wouldn't say they "cleared" me so much as they just didn't help me.

"So, thank you methamphetamine, for the Peripheral Neuropathy/Renaulds Disease, Edema, Gangrene?"

Is that the diagnosis that was given to you at the ER? Nope. Stop googling shit, you're not a doctor, and no matter how sane you are, google will tell you you're having a heart attack, the hard spot in your belly is cancer and the skin discoloration is leukemia.

Rule #1 is, on meth, don't google medical stuff and don't diagnose yourself.

Go to a real ER, not an urgent care center. An ER will have to take you in and make sure you're at least not going to die or lose a limb, also be honest with them. Urgent care places only care about money and 90% of them will try to rush you out regardless of who you are or what what drugs you do.

ER will give you pills and it will go down in a week; shot my hands many times and a few times it swelled up to the point where I could barely move it. went to ER and told them I was shooting dope into my hands; they hooked me up there, stayed a few hours, was given a script, and within a week hand was back to normal.

no big deal, dude, you just gotta take care of it.

"So, thank you methamphetamine, for the Peripheral Neuropathy/Renaulds Disease, Edema, Gangrene?"

Is that the diagnosis that was given to you at the ER? Nope. Stop googling shit, you're not a doctor, and no matter how sane you are, google will tell you you're having a heart attack, the hard spot in your belly is cancer and the skin discoloration is leukemia.

Rule #1 is, on meth, don't google medical stuff and don't diagnose yourself.
Gangrene is a possible result of Neuropathy or Renaulds. The Renaulds I knew nothing about, I learned about it through a friend who I described the symptoms to and she said it sounded like Renaulds, and she was diagnosed with it. So that wasn't Google, gangrene I've already known about because my grandfather lost a couple toes from it, and Edema is literally just the term from swelling due to fluid. The only real speculation was whay caused it (which I still don't know) and the Peripheral Neuropathy, but the swelling in my hands is gone so I'm not worried about it anymore. Gangrene I'm not worried about because feeling returned to all of my extremities as did color.

I've gotten a decent amount of sleep and have been able to think more clearly now. This was likely just a case of me over thinking and being paranoid due to being like 5 days into a binge with only a few hours of sleep a night, mixed with a case of Renaulds brought on by the massive, massive shot of meth I stupidly did that made me visually hallucinate a LOT (more than a typical acid trip).

I do have a picture I took when it initially started and now that I'm sober I can say in confidence that my right foot did indeed swell quite a bit and turned pale white while the toes were blue, so that part wasn't just paranoia. I slept with my feel elevated and the swelling has reduced, I'll probably be fine.

TL;DR:
Guy on 5 day meth binge shot too much, temporarily has reduced/no blood flow to extremities causing discoloration and total lack of feeling, and freaks out when things start swelling as a result.

Last edited:
It's not renaulds, renaulds is localized vasoconstriction, not generalized. Sure meth causes vasoconstriction and because of that, blood flow to extremities is reduced, but circulation is surely not cut off. And the lack of feeling has nothing to do with poor circulation, when I use recreationally, I touch things with my hands and don't feel shit, hot water feels cold, cold water feels hot, and I can keep my hands in hot water for an hour, I still won't feel shit, because it's not circulation, it is a centralized signal saying "I'm no longer interested in receiving signals from hands and feet for now, I'm busy with other things", so where is the question of you having a rare disease?

If you get blisters and other skin issues, it's because of bacterial infections or because your meth contained mercury, red phosphorus, palladium and other catalyst material or impurities that they couldn't filter out. Meth by itself, in its 100% pure form does not cause blisters. It's not peripheral neuropathy either, it's your brain making a conscious decision not to receive nervous input from extremities, because it has better things to do at that particular time.

Your expectations are completely wrong. Everything you complained about in this topic, minus the potential bacterial infection, you should be expecting to occur during a meth high. You need to establish a set of expectations so that you're not surprised while using. You can't expect to be sober and feeling normal/looking normal in the midst of a meth high, it's not going to happen and it's surely not a problem. You can hear voices see people, watch Police break the door and place you under arrest, you can smell pancakes or feel like your hands are wet when you look they're dry as woodchip...and you have to realize that this is not actually happening. If you can't do this meth is not for you.

On meth, you'll look like a corpse mate, like a zombie or undead, on meth you'll look like you crawled out of the cemetery and its perfectly normal to look like that. NORMAL. I'll say it again, NORMAL. That's our expectation.

Last edited:
I honestly think you're fine. Maybe a nerve or something.. If it was an infection there would more than likely be redness and swelling/sensitivity.

I find it interesting reading everyone opinions and different things that are said.

some people talk about what they have read, so they think they now know. some people base it on what they heard on another message board. some base on a completely different topic. and then you get those who actually did the SAME EXACT THING SO HAD SAME EXPERIENCE yet I got no replies, lol

where do you stand right now w/ this whole thing? I am interested to hear what was said by nurse/Dr.

First and foremost-go to a hospital ER. Preferably a teaching hospital.

Secondly, stop trying to self dianose-you're not a medical professional and Reynaud's Syndrome has nothing to do with this. DVTs can be painless but are unlikely (not impossible) to have bilateral symptoms.

You might have to be honest about what you took, but the alternative can truly suck. Stop googling and making excuses.

Meth and paranoia is a pretty serious combination, tread lightly. .
lol, dude, had some of the worst experiences of my life from the paranoia coming from meth. damn, I would think a room of 15 people were all against me, all talking about me; meanwhile I am in the other room planning an escape and wondering how I can get out w/o jumping from the 15-20th, maybe more, floor. it was a fucking whacky time and truly almost ended up dead because I was so whacked out from days and days of staying up on meth "clubbing" and now in a hotel room on the 15 or 20+ floor. I was truly thinking of a way out because in my mind I thought they were all talking about me and I felt they all thought I was sleeping and i wanted to get out w/o anyone knowing. I still remember it to this day and was one of the last time I used meth; I've never used to abuse in that sense but I used to keep me away for days in order to party in the NYC club scene back 01-04. I would take tiny bumps from a pen cap in order to stay awake; would be mixed w/ ecstasy, K and G usually. anything to keep the party going and NOT BE SLEEPY!