• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Should I add extra Heroin, because of the micron filter?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello all! I was wondering if I should add extra heroin, because of the micron filter? Im figuring that I will loss some H because of the filter. Should I add an extra 1-2mg because of this? I want a total of "5mg" inside the syringe.

Thanks!
Chris

No, depending on the total volume of liquid in your shot the losses will be extremely minimal. If you want to be unnecessarily niggardly with your shot, then you can flush a little extra water through the filter to wash it out. But the diiamorphine will be dissolved, the filter won't "catch" it, the only bit you will lose is from moisture still in the filter which assuming your shot is say 30 units may amount to ~1%. Maybe start with diamorphine dissolved in 20 units of saline, then just wash it out wiith 10 units of plain saline.(although I promise you this isn't really necessary, it will just be for peace of mind)

Is this pharmaceutical diamorphine? 5mg is a tiny dose, I am assuming you are opiate naive? Are you really sure you want to be using needles? Maybe just snort it, I promise you the rush, while enjoyable, isn't worth it. It definitely isn't what movies and the media has made it out to be, the best parts of heroin are in the hours after dosing, not the 15 seconds after taking a shot. In fact, the most enjoyable thing about a shot of heroin is how quickly it makes your withdrawals go away, and most of the look of pleasure on an addicts face is from the relief it brings, not the rush.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! Guess ill stick with the 5mg then :) Ive been using opiates for awhile (typically hydrocodone and IV morphine/fentanyl). But Ive been using Pharma grade IV morphine at 10mg for awhile now. I figured 5mg of Heroin would be around the "same" dose as that, because of it being 2-3x's as potent as Morphine. I dont use everyday and dont really need to, its just my "beer at the end of the day". Thankfully I am able to control myself, been using for about 3 years with no problems (on and off)

And I wish is was Pharma Diamorphine lol I have tested the H several times, there is no Fentynal in it either (as well as its many analogs Ie. Carfent)

So very, very true.

If what you have is vanilla heroin, its good to know how much you are taking for reference, but if assuming 5mg weighed is 5mg active drug you will be sorely disappointed. And honestly I like the rush from plain morphine more than heroin once you adjust for potency, but its the itch I love. Morphine is much itchier, and scratching it feels SO good.

And good luck with that, I used opiates on and off for quite a while before I started to begin dosing in the morning before work because of how shitty I would feel on Monday, about 3 years after picking up the habit part time, it spiralled from there. Of course the only roadblock to my use was myself, as I was selling OCs so always had them on hand, and was making a host of bad decisions, and honestly the thing stopping me from using more wasn't fear of dependence, I just wanted to make more money.

Just be aware of how powerful the subconscious mind is, you will find yourself doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to both rationalize and stay in denial of your slowly growing habit, it will creep up on you. As you read that last sentence you were probably telling yourself that your habit isn't growing and rationalize that with how long you've been using without becoming dependent, but here you are sourcing heroin so obviously that isn't true.

Last edited:
So very, very true.

If what you have is vanilla heroin, its good to know how much you are taking for reference, but if assuming 5mg weighed is 5mg active drug you will be sorely disappointed.

How so? Assuming 5mg of H equals 10-15mg of Morphine, and 10mg of Morphine gets me "good", should 5mg of H do the same then? Just wondering. The stuff that I got is "supposedly" to be uncut and came directly from the brick of H itself. I have a decent size rock of it. The person I got it from gets it first hand directly from the country of origin (Afghanistan).

Im not looking to nod off my ANY means, just looking for that nice warm blanket feeling.

Just wondering :) thanks!

I wouldn't trust that it came straight off the brick. Sounds like you got it off the DN, those guys are salesmen just like anyone else peddling a product and with competition a click away they have even more reason to massage the truth. And street dealers or middle men will straight up lie to boost their ego and sound cooler, probably something to do with the insecurity of ones psyche that accompanies such actions. Just the fact that he claims it was processed from opium -> morphine base -> heroin all inside of Afghanistan, and then only changed hands twice on its way to you, makes me sure it isn't true.

Even ignoring that, heroin "straight off a brick" is far, far from pure.

Don't let me change your plans, do your 5mg shot, see how you feel, and increase from there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! And yes i did lol But you are definitely correct with the "salesmen" part for sure haha. I might bump it up to 10mg (which really wouldn't hurt either way haha). All of the reviews ive seen are like "this stuff is FIRE" etc. etc, so im guessing its "decent" stuff anyway, whether its pure or not.

Thanks for the replies Coolwhip, always appreciate the input!

I'm sure its decent, usually the stuff on the DN from a reputable source is. Reviews can be bought, not to say those are. But 50% pure heroin would still be considered top shelf compared to most street heroin, just the manufacture process leaves so much to be desired, and then its cut before it even leaves the "lab", then typically cut again the moment it reaches it country of destination. It's just that clandestinely made heroin is soooo far off from pharma heroin, usually the price is low enough that it isn't a real concern, I'm not trying to bash your stash I'm sure, relative to most heroin found on the street, that its very very good, just don't expect it to compare to pharma grade, don't be pissed if you end up needing 20mg just to get the same effect as 10mg of morphine.

Just be safe, you can always do more, you can never do less. I'm definitely not trying to convince you to dose more, especially not on your first shot. Just wanted to temper your expectations.