• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Shotty's?

dicanio66

Greenlighter
Does anyone else smoke there weed through a shotty? as far as im aware its only a UK thing, I recently got introduced to this method of cannabis consumption by my stoner buddy's they all smoke these shotty things. I've gotta admit i'm a daily smoker and it blew my head off havent been this stoned in a long time.

Basically its a bong with the bowl removed, you use the stem as a makeshift bowl by putting a little ball of tobacco in the top to stop the weed from falling through,. Then you dab some grounded up weed on the top about 2 or 3 dabs will do, then light it like a normal bong but inhale slowly and make sure its fully creamed. Finally you take one big inhale to suck the ball of tobacco/burnt weed through the pipe into the water, The empty pipe acts as a carb and forces the smoke into your lungs.

shotty.jpg

We used to roll a strong joint to stick in the tube rather than fucking around with a bowl..

As far as I know what you're calling a shotty I would call a popper, and I hate them. I'd rather mix the tobacco evenly throughout the weed instead of risking a lungful of baccy in the event that the popper doesn't-- well.... "pop" properly.

At first I thought this thread was going to be about shotguns from blunts/joints. I'm happy to see that it's not. I fuggin' hate shotguns, mang.

Yeah. I have heard of this as "poppers" as jibult said. I've never actually seen anyone do it though.

Yes. I Used to smoke them habitually for years.

I hadn't touched a bong for about half a decade or more until 2 nights ago when I smoked a shotty. Needless to say it ruined me.

I just called these water bottle bongs and kind of moved away from using them after I got glass pieces. They do get you high but I found it easier to use a pen and a piece of tinfoil and just make a bowl

in australia is 'shotty' is another (usually smaller) hole in the bottle/pyrex/bamboo above the water line which a finger seals while inhaling. once the cone is pulled through release finger from 'shotty' hole and get the oxygen/smoke mixture in deep. it is also a good way of making sure there is no smoke left in the bong after its all pulled through.

tbh i have never heard of or seem the technique you describe op. it seem sounds to me like someone lost the cone and are too fakken lazy to get another one. stoners can be lazy, yeh, but they can also be inventive :)

bong on

tbh i have never heard of or seem the technique you describe op. it seem sounds to me like someone lost the cone and are too fakken lazy to get another one. stoners can be lazy, yeh, but they can also be inventive :)

bong on

Haha no its a standard uk procedure. The baccy IS the bowl, the sound and "snap" of the burning backy going down makes me feeling ill thinking about it, shotties taste WRONG!

The main reason they're so popular is partially how easy they are to make I think; all you need is:
1 drinks can
1 bottle
1 pair of scissors
1 roll of selotape

The baccy IS the bowl, the sound and "snap" of the burning backy going down makes me feeling ill thinking about it, shotties taste WRONG!

Fuckin' right they do! More power to those that love 'em but I can't stand the fuckin' things!

I've seen all kinds of MacGyver'd cone pieces but never what you described OP.

In Australia (in my circles anyway) it's generally accepted that you have a cone piece or you roll a J.

Yep. I still smoke shottys every now and again but only if I'm trying t stretch my weed or hash out. I didn't smoke them for years but was smoking them on a regular basis from around 1994.. and others smoked them way before that.

It's nothing new and I've heard of people smoking them since the 80's in Glastonbury (the town not the festival).

The best tube is a tyre pressure gauge with the insides removed.. PCL, Draper or equivalent.