• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Short Term and Long Term Damage of DPH

DeliriousDipshit

Greenlighter
Hi guys, this is actually my first post so bear with me
I have been very interested in Diphenhydramine(DPH) for the last year or so, and have been slowly upping my doses to reach delirious effects. As of now the highest dose I?ve taken was 350mg.
I went to visit my doctor the other week and he said I was having heart palpitations. Now I?m aware that that can happen when recreationally using antihistamine. But what I?m curious about is does the abnormal heartbeat cause long lasting damage to the body, or is it only during and soon after the trip. Because last time I visited, which was today, he said my heart was beating normally again. (this was after I stopped using DPH for a week)
I?m sinply curious for the sake of health, seeing as how I find deliriants fascinating, the only problem is they ALL can do serious damage to your body. Which just doesn?t feel worth it for me.
Anyways, thank you anyone for your input, it will be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Welcome to BL DD :)

DPH has been discussed quite extensively and the usual consensus after experimenting is "Why did I do this to myself, this really sucks!", as they ride out what they took and decide to never use it for delirium again. To mitigate histamine issues it's okay. For Opioid WD it's a restless leg inducing nightmare. Though with most experimenters one has to see it before they believe it, so please at least be as conservative as you can as it can get very uncomfortable and a racing heart is not uncommon.

Here are just a few of the threads The Search Engine (*T*SE) brought up. It is your friend, if you don't like the built in one here you can always use google and enter Bluelight after your search terms.

Diphenhyramine could potentially influence the heart via

mACh (muscarinic acetylcholinergic receptor) antagonism which may cause the heart to beat faster. An example of where this is useful is using mACh antagonism for severely low heart rate in emergency rooms.

Additionally, and especially in above theraputic doses, diphenhydramine blocks sodium ion channels. Your heart uses sodium channels therefore, messing with them can cause issues. You can find on pubmed papers discussing diphenhydramine over sodium channel blockade toxicity.