• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Short relapse after getting clean? Withdrawals?

Tonyb82

Bluelighter
After a three month bender got clean for 10-12 days then relapsed for about 9 days withdrawls don’t seem to bad yet? Is it because I was clean for nearly two weeks and only relapsed for a little over a week? I’m taking gabapentin 300mg every 45 mins up to 2400mgs a day I was using fentanyl street Fent for sure I’m also taking clonidine .1mg every 6 hours I’m sure they are helping I’m just curious if anyone knows what I can expect? It’s been 48 hours although I did a cotton shot yesterday so if u count that it’s 30 hours now I’m hoping for the best… anyone know anything they can relate?

After a three month bender got clean for 10-12 days then relapsed for about 9 days withdrawls don’t seem to bad yet? Is it because I was clean for nearly two weeks and only relapsed for a little over a week? I’m taking gabapentin 300mg every 45 mins up to 2400mgs a day I was using fentanyl street Fent for sure I’m also taking clonidine .1mg every 6 hours I’m sure they are helping I’m just curious if anyone knows what I can expect? It’s been 48 hours although I did a cotton shot yesterday so if u count that it’s 30 hours now I’m hoping for the best… anyone know anything they can relate?
You have quite the weapons just with those two medications to fight off the absolute worst but I don't know you it could be diarrhea or a feeling of restlessness where you can't be comfortable lying still or standing up, to me that's the worst aspect of the fentanyl withdrawal syndrome, indicating at least a temporary injury or insult to the basal ganglia + motor neurons; that when it clears the system can result in frightening ALS symptoms of akathesia.

Although I have to admit when I really focused on it and it's friggin hard to do at the time, seems to have had a strong psychological component. Who knows what's going on in your noggin after you take that crap. It hit me 4-5 days after I last dosed after using it for about as long as you. I attributed it to something else at first. And to be honest I still can't be a hundred percent sure what caused it

Now that I've scared the bejesus out of you recall I didn't have Gabapentin or Clonidine which taken about an hour before bedtime when this type of the syndrome is likely to happen, when you lay down to rest, should have you right as rain in another week. Godspeed

So add unpredictability of wds to the list of reasons why someone would want to put fentanyl use behind them, along with the risk of fatal o.d., the lack of care about the consumer, that it's usually polluted with 4-ANPP and other precursors, and could be one of several closely related and similarly potent analogs. Janssen held most of the patents from the 60s-80s, since lapsed, so who knows maybe they sold the cookbooks to China in order to turn their attention to affixing spike proteins to adeno-virus vectors for gene ther-- er, vaccines and the profit margins are off the charts.

One thing's for sure the truth will out in this world or the next. A lot of good people, people and bluelighters amonf those who went out one more time.

You can read their posts in BL recovery forums offering experience strength and Hope to others, but I can't. It's a little too poignant

Last edited:
Well I’m either 72-90 (if u count the cotton shot) hours without a dose of my DOC after a ten day relapse using I am not dying horrible but I’m for sure uncomfortable nose stuffy everything smells strong and weird these are my usual symptoms at first and can not sleep no energy but I’m assuming the gaba and clonidine are helping! I’m hoping I’m at or past the worst !

Well I’m either 72-90 (if u count the cotton shot) hours without a dose of my DOC after a ten day relapse using I am not dying horrible but I’m for sure uncomfortable nose stuffy everything smells strong and weird these are my usual symptoms at first and can not sleep no energy but I’m assuming the gaba and clonidine are helping! I’m hoping I’m at or past the worst !
Do pushups, jumping jacks. Go outside and get that D3. Walk. Eat high protein (eggs, fish, meat)

Think about how long it took to develop a withdrawal in the first place. I'd imagine like around two months of use somewhat daily lol? It took me about 2 months before I noticed something was up.. couldn't tell what was going on and thought just a cold until I googled things.

You won't summon the entire withdrawal back with one or two relapses (just a tiny bit). Your brain is still used to opioid dependency so you could expect to feel some inability to enjoy things without the sickness physically. I used again about 3 weeks ago just to see what it would be like (stupid idea I know) after 2-3 months of zero use. Must have done a tiny bit about 3 days in a row? I admit that I felt something but no.. it was not anything close to the depression/hopelessness of a full-blown withdrawal.

The thing that is most dangerous about opiates is that they do feel better and better as time away from them carries on. I don't think I will ever restart playing this game after 5 years of doing it tbh. Just not a good time no matter what and it always cycles back to the hellish section to get worse and worse. I'm not sure what is wrong with the poppy plant, but maybe its us too loll.

Thanks for the replies guys! Means a lot! Just talking helps. I’m still not feeling horrible at all but for sure I am off and in some withdrawals I am uncomfortable cold, good bumps, no energy very depressed mind racing nose runny and stuffy but this seems bearable I hope I can sleep some tonight ! I don’t know what to expect I thought it would be bad by now I’m just going to low ball it and say it’s been 72 hours now but normally I’d be a lot worse than this by now. My wife spiked my coffee again with naltrexone which immediately put me in to massive PW 5 days ago I tried to override it because usually Fent is stronger and it does push out the naltrexone but it didn’t work that time for some reason then I di a few bags the next day and then that’s when I stopped. I’m thinking the naltrxone ripping the opiates off my receptors and also blocking the few bags I did immediately after blocked it and lessened this withdrawl

Still feel relatively ok not understanding this at all. It doesn’t make sense to me. How did I not experience bad withdrawals? Was it due to the naltrexone? I believe it had to be what else can it have been? I was banging street Fent for 10 days it should have been way worse.

What calmed my nerves and made me feel comfortable while I was kicking opioids alone was taking a benzo like clonazapam. It put my nerves at ease finally and calmed my mind at the same time. Nothing else gave me relief while I was trying to kick. Just my 2 cents.

What calmed my nerves and made me feel comfortable while I was kicking opioids alone was taking a benzo like clonazapam. It put my nerves at ease finally and calmed my mind at the same time. Nothing else gave me relief while I was trying to kick. Just my 2 cents.
I’ve used Valium to kick before it does help a lot but I didn’t have that this time. I have clonidine, gabapentin and tizanidine all three have some efficacy helping with opiate withdrawals and I believe because a lot of it is in our heads and I know I can’t fuck around now it’s making it easier.

Today is day 4 and I woke up feeling a little worse than the past few days again doesn’t make sense to me very odd what’s going on…

That is super disrespectful she is always spiking your coffee with the naltrexone. What kind of person wants someone to suffer that bad ! I would find the pills she uses and take them from her then kick her ass out if she can’t be more supportive.

That is super disrespectful she is always spiking your coffee with the naltrexone. What kind of person wants someone to suffer that bad ! I would find the pills she uses and take them from her then kick her ass out if she can’t be more supportive.
Yup she’s done it about 4 times now. It’s insane and it’s so severe but she doesn’t even care and says I deserve it because I keep relapsing

Out of gaba and clonidine have two clonidine left zero gaba and plenty of tizanidine I just got my ambien prescription I usually snif the 30 in 3 days max sometimes under two days. Let’s see if it helps me sleep because nothing is!!! And the runs set in but mild only went twice all day

Sniffed 14 ambien 3-5 at a time like I usually do for a few days out of the month… didn’t help me sleep at ALL

Worst night last night for sleep and being uncomfortable I attribute it partially to running out of gaba and clonidine and also long half life I guess of street Fent. Hoping for a better day and night tonight.

I’m really struggling today physically and mentally wtf is it so hard on day 5?

For me it peaks around day 8-9. My body is a lot more delayed than everyone. I'm guessing you're right in the peak right now lol. After the peak you can walk around and pretend to be normal when it recedes.

I really don't recommend going into opiates right now. Even if you do relapse at least you will have a choice in like 5 more days, instead of feeling held hostage by an inanimate object. Just try to sit in it and bask in how horrible it feels. This is what all of us have done to ourselves. This could easily go on for 10 more years btw. Its easy to think you're not going to go back, and then somehow its 10 years when this scenario occurs repeatedly and then you can't stop returning during the "peak."

For me it peaks around day 8-9. My body is a lot more delayed than everyone. I'm guessing you're right in the peak right now lol. After the peak you can walk around and pretend to be normal when it recedes.

I really don't recommend going into opiates right now. Even if you do relapse at least you will have a choice in like 5 more days, instead of feeling held hostage by an inanimate object. Just try to sit in it and bask in how horrible it feels. This is what all of us have done to ourselves. This could easily go on for 10 more years btw. Its easy to think you're not going to go back, and then somehow its 10 years when this scenario occurs repeatedly and then you can't stop returning during the "peak."
I sure as hell hope this is the peak because I felt relatively fine the pas 4 days!! I have my new job orientation Friday and I’m suppose to go upstate this weekend! Ughh I’m so scared I almost caved today but I’m holding strong!!

I sure as hell hope this is the peak because I felt relatively fine the pas 4 days!! I have my new job orientation Friday and I’m suppose to go upstate this weekend! Ughh I’m so scared I almost caved today but I’m holding strong!!

Friday? You'll be ok honestly for it but if you relapse it will bring some of the withdrawal back (if you don't have opies for that trip especially then it will be bad). There's always going to be drugs around I'm pretty sure humanity made that clear. If this event is super important to you there will not always be important life events around. That stuff can easily disappear if people around you sense super pinned pupils, acting funny, and scratching yourself more than normal. I used to be so good at hiding the high but inevitably it ended up being everyone around me knowing I was on something and they knew it wasn't weed or anything good lol. Opiates are very boring in comparison to real life (never thought I'd say this smh) and its not good to be only high or only sober in my opinion. Sometimes both and coexist with caution. I just can't see anything good coming from peaking again during a job orientation meeting with sickness or being high as hell around everyone for a "training" scenario idk.

No absolutely not! I look horrible from losing so much weight as it is from relapsing and using on and off for past several months so many times. I can’t screw up again my wife knows right away just by looking at my eyes if they are pinned she goes nuts!