View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Short lasting trips

Ego_death

Greenlighter
I did acid twice in a hot country and both were relatively short. My trips usually last 12 hours.

First was in an apartment; lasted about 7 hours (slightly above room temperature). The next was at the beach and lasted 4 hours. Both 100ug tabs and weeks apart. My assumption is that the heat causes me to sweat it out though that's just an assumption.

Anything I could do to make my trips last longer?
What caused the trips to last so short?

I doubt it was you sweating it out. My first thought would be that the dose is too low, even 125ug would be noticeably different/ better. Try a higher dose next time.

You didn't sweat it out. The obvious conclusion is that it isn't LSD, but an NBOMe rather. But, yes, it's also dose dependent.

To be honest, I've had LSD trips that last everything from 6-12 hours, and the come up can also varie sometimes. So the 7 hour trip could just be a ideosyncratic reaction. The 4 hour trip sounds fishy though.

Thanks! Though I tested my lsd with an ehlrich test kit. It's also the same batch as my 12 hour trips.

I'd be worried if something happened to my batch weakening it. I made sure to take good care of it so can't see what could've happened. I've only ever done 100ug and my 7 hour trip was my strongest trip yet and my 4 hour one by the beach was slightly weaker than average. Both times were by myself.

if your environment (setting) does not give you a chance to enjoy time dilation, you will straighten out sooner than later.

Sounds convincing because that was true for the beach but is it a common consensus?

I don't know really, it baffles me. 4 hours is way too short in my opinion. It's wierd. Maybe you did ruin your acid some how? Or the blotters were unevenly laid? Hard to say, but you didn't "sweat it out", that's for sure.

Mabey you have al-lad, that would fit the timeframe. Btw if you are using benzos or opiates they will diminish your trip even if it's the day after. The Half-Life will affect the trip.

...the blotters were unevenly laid? Hard to say, but you didn't "sweat it out", that's for sure.
^^^ I think that. Street blotters are very inconsistent IME.

Also, how do you measure the trip length?
Some people measure it by the amount of time being "trippingballz" or seeing visuals but LSD just as any other psychedelic has it's stages of being high and it slowly lets you go.

Your mind, on the other hand, can change the way LSD affects you - I've seen people "fight" and win over with their egos instead of letting go (some of them simply had to) - this way the high won't last as long and would feel different.

My typical lsd (100-200ug) experiences last 11 hours consistently. I measure from time ingested to time asleep. Last time I dropped was 9pm and I was asleep at 8am.
Onset approximately 60 minutes
LSD seems to have different phases to the trip. I can see why someone could say they feel sober at T+7 hours but really, you're far from it.

Lower doses have consistently yielded shorter duration.
But I'm with incunabula on this one, 4 hours at 100ug is baffling.

though I've seen lsd literally not affect someone while others are tripping from the same vile. This person had not taken psychedelics in a decade and was on no medications whatsoever. Absolutely zero effect from equal dose which had others in a full experience for 11 hour duration. No explanation I can think of...

Maybe you damaged those particular tabs in transit?

Okay just an update. I had another really short trip. This time with another person who lasted 12 hours. I'm convinced that I have a tolerance to 100ug. I still haven't upped my doses which I will be doing from now on.