• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Shooting vs snorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
Though I started as a snorter, Ive been an IV heroin user for about 4 years now. Today the worst happened and my only point broke and I won't be able to replace it in the immediate future.

My question is, would snorting be a complete waste? Being strictly an IV user, will snorting still get me high?

I doubt it would get you very high if you are a Iv user, but it would give you relief if that's what you need I find it just comes on slower with snorting.

Going from shooting meth to snorting was a big disappointment, but it still got me "high".
There's just no rush, and it feels weaker overall.

You'll have to do a little more, but 45 minutes later there won't be much of a difference.

^ Yeah, *if* it’s decent dope; otherwise 1it could take 1.5-2x the amount to get “high0

Just try and stay well and get yourself some works

In almost every state you can buy insulin syringes. It ranges from 10-30 allowed to purchase at one time. I just 10 from CVS for about 2.75 dollars. If you are an IV user you will be unhappy with snorting.

I think it has to be looked at in context, if you are a Iv user and you are rattling having not used in 24hrs the snorting will feel amazing, on the flip side if you have shot up and snort Heroin 2 hrs later its going to feel like a bit of a letdown.

If you're going to be using drugs, it would behoove you to acquaint yourself with the concept of Bioavailability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

In the area of the article regarding the above concept that I mentioned somewhere on the right of the page, you will find that the bioavailability for insufflated (noted as inhaled in this article) is between 40%-60%. Being that the intravenous route invariably leads to a 100% BA with every drug, you can ascertain with ease that insufflated Heroin is approximately half the potency of IV Heroin. That clears that one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.