• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shooting OC, the taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

doozpatrol

Greenlighter
was wondering if anyone else can taste/smell the OC after mainlining, during the rush?

haven't ever heard anyone else discuss this before.

not so much with OC but actually the last time i was in the hospital and they were giving me dilaudid and morphine via IV i could smell if every time. i don't even remember how to explain the smell but yeah i do know exactly what you mean.

somewhat a mix between a smell and a taste, i sense it in the back of my throat. it sticks around for a little while too. It's no that bitter pill taste, it feels more organic. was also wonder if it's the same with heroin and other opioids

Yes, this is a thing that happens with most injected drugs.

Yes, absolutely. When you inject a drug, it travels thru your circulatory system. Your mouth/tongue has many veins/etc which the drug will travel thru on its way to the promised land, and your taste buds will get to wave to it as it passes by. This is why you will taste the drug right before the rush hits you fully. 'Tis a beautiful thing to happen, in my opinion.

I have found that when you receive an IV in the hospital the smell/taste is much more pronounced and uniform regardless of the drug. I am assuming this is because most of the time when you receive an IV in the hospital the drug has been mixed/diluted with saline and that is mainly what you since.

With street drugs and pharms I have only really noticed this with oxy and I am not sure why, also the lemon lime of the suboxone the few times I have done that.

I get this with fentanyl and cocaine mostly.I do get it a quite bit from hydromorphone and oxycodone though.If I do a big enough shot of morphine,I taste that as well.

Damn! One of the most addictive sensations of an IV'd drug is the sensation and smell. Coke is number 1 in my book. I'm told it's because of the acetone. Friends tell me that I am just inventing this but it doesn't matter. I just love it.

When I am IV'ing some real fine products, I feel it way in the back of my throat. I sit in my chair like an astronaut about to blast off towards Mars. Brace yourself, Mikie.

Back in the 90's, I just copped some brown dope and rocky coke from the Bronx. I'd stop the car for a bit. Look around, no cops. Quickly, I'd get some heroin cooked up. Then I'd add some fine cocaine, as much as possible, letting it cool. . .

Suck it up with a brand new syringe.
Look around quickly. No cops. Run it. Blast off to pure heaven. I'll die the next time. God forgive me.

I just love it. Sue me!

Bye, guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.