• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Shooting MDMA

XThexXTank

Bluelighter
Ok so im posting this because I am a bit concerned about this serotonin syndrome. Last nite I got some moonrock mdma (not tested) but I took some and had an alright roll. Anyway, today I shot about 100mg worth and it was real intense, etc. My question is how does serotonin syndrome work? Do I have to do a lot of this to get it?

I know if you abuse MDMA a lot you will get it but is there a safe amount to do before this happens? I don't want to do a shot an than end up in the hospital because of that. Does it happen with a large amount or consecutive uses? Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought that serotonin syndrome happened when a person accidentally "overdosed" on serotonin-increasing drugs and/or substances, usually a few of them...like doing MDMA, while taking prescribed SSRI's, then also doing meth or taking 5-HTP, etc. I'm pretty sure I had a mild case of it once, way back in the day, and it felt extremely strange and unpleasant...so if you notice yourself feeling very different than you typically do on MDMA, consider seeking some medical help. Also, maybe time to start coming down from what you did last night and today...cause the more drugs you do that increase the amount of serotonin in your brain, the more risk of serotonin syndrome.

There's no possible way of incurring actual serotonin syndrome from just MDMA. That's not to say that large doses of MDMA can't put you in hospital though, you'll just be in there for other reasons and not serotonin syndrome. High doses cause bad dehydration, bruxism and a whole cognitive problems including confusion, anxiety, loss of balance, distorted perception of reality etc etc.

You really shouldn't be taking MDMA like you are. It's not the type of drug where you can take it regularly in high doses and get away with it. It's also not a good drug to IV. Taking the drug orally is both safer and more efficient.

Ok yeah thanks for the input yall and I don't do it like that I actually just came across it after not having done it a long time an am excited about it. But ok that's good to know that on its own it wont cause SS. Appreciate the help!

Generally I advise against injecting MDMA. For many, it's an unpleasant, overly-intense experience, just as you experienced. Injecting of course poses other health risks as well; swallowing something is usually the safest way to take it (since you aren't introducing things directly into your blood stream and you have a chance to vomit the substance if you did take too much.)

Serotonin syndrome is a group of symptoms caused by very high (released) levels of serotonin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004531/#adam_007272.disease.symptoms

MDMA can cause serotonin syndrome, although it would more commonly be described as an overdose. To some extent it's a philosophical question about where the line between normal drug effects and pathology lies; a normal MDMA high hits a number of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome even when nothing is wrong.

Although MDMA is remarkably safe for a substance that's produced and distributed without any quality controls or standards, if you feel you might be having a serious reaction to any drug it's better to seek medical advice/help and feel silly later if it turns out to be nothing. :)

You really shouldn't be shooting things that you haven't tested. Added untested prefix.