• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Shooting Heroin in a Hand Vein

Do not inject your forarm or if you do because you see you views make sure you remain very shallow.
Everytime i try to inject in the forarm it bruises horribly
i thought i'd try it again since my hands needed a rest and had my bf do my forarm well bad idea!! It was an accident but he went to deep registered and barely pushed on the right and ooopps artery!! Instant excruciating stabbing and burning pain all the way into my finger tips. And my entire arm from the injection spot to my finger tips instantly swell up 3 to 4x normal size. My bf said it will go away and stop hurting in like an hour......well it's almost 24 hours later and i can barely move my arm it's so swollen it feels like i have a brick tied to my wrist and my hand is so swollen i can't even make half a fist. I'm also still having excruciating pain. If it's not substantially better by morning...er it is.....
Don't do the forarm!!!

wow thanks for the wealth of information, really helpful.

I am skinny and have low bodyfat %, so my arms have lots of veins to choose from, but the ones on my inner elbow joint aren't that visable. Are the veins on my inner forearm ok to use?

The vein on the top of the bicep looks like a good injection site too, has anyone used that one with good results?

I'm new to shooting and if someone could link the "shooting/injecting/iv" thread that would be very helpful to me.

Also, does anyone know where to find those rubber ties, like they use in the hospital? Do they sell those at the pharmacy?

I have to do that normally every other day. Just don't make that your primary spot to shoot.

there is nothing wrong with injecting in veins in the forearm, ive done so so for many years. as long as you practice safe iv tech you should be fine. for the best info on iv technique i reccomend getting a little manual called "getting off right" i believe they use to hand it out at the needle exhange and contains everything you need for safer iv use

Hi All, I am new to this forum. I have being injecting heroin for about 4 years now. Currently i am having some kind of inflammation on respiratory and getting difficult breathing. I am getting treatment for this and meantime it is impossible for me to use the same dose as before since even the taking half of my usual dose will make me pretty bad for breathing. So i am just taking quite small dose just to prevent from getting withdrawal effects. What I would like to know is if there any difference if I inject on Leg rather than Hand to minimize the heroin effect on my respiratory. Can anyone advice? Thanks