• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Shine on you crazy diamond

Pagey

Bluelight Crew
I'm gonna go through all the Pink Floyd songs if I must...I don't like coming up with titles. Oh well.
----------------------

And he smiled.

‘Why are you doing this?’, was all she could say.

He smiled again. An empty, emotionless smile. It had lived, that smile. It had seen a lot. And that’s why it was twisted into such a deformed ruckus of happiness, of hope, of hatred.

But she was still young, still innocent, still expecting everything to turn out all right. Still oblivious and disbelieving, still shaking her head at the countless examples of the evil at the core of Man. She wanted to give Man a chance. She needed to give Man a chance.

Yet here in front of her was a smile that proved her wrong once again. And above it, eyes that gazed down in despicable pity, the proverbial diamonds and pathways into the soul bright and painfully clear. These diamonds had no more light to offer to the world, no more beautiful colours to contribute. They had been broken down long ago. Nothing would be made out of these diamonds. Like the mouth, their unforgiving hatred would be cast away with a sigh of relief, they would find their way to the ground and they would spend all of eternity looking up at a maze of scurrying shoes and miserable frowns. And no one would remember them. After all, what use is there for a pair of extinct diamonds?

So the mouth twisted its corners, and the eyes turned themselves off, and the thumb pushed down on the plunger while a single tear slipped out. It trickled down the pale, ghostly cheek, and ended its life on her lips. He laughed. An empty laugh, a superficial laugh, but a laugh that made those diamonds shine one last time. The plunger was down and the smile dropped.

And all that was left were the helpless cries of the one left behind.

Wow! Loved the descriptions in this, very cool. Is this a part of a story or prose?

Thank you! I'm not really sure yet, I just kinda wrote it as is at first but now I'm thinking I might try to fit it into the end of my novel if I find a spot :)