View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sherm/pcp extraction help

shamanoescobar

Greenlighter
Hello a friend of mine has been an occasional pcp/sherm smoker for years. He used to be able to obtain the pure "angel dust" which was clean and didn't smell so nasty and unhealthy as the liquid sherm. He is concerned with harm reduction. He has been desperately asking me and other friends how he could possibly evaporate or purify or extract the liquid sherm into pure angel dust pcp so as to improve his health. He says the liquid stuff smells disgusting and is way worse for the body so if anyone could help that would be AMAZING! He has done robitussin dxm extractions successfully in the past so the difficulty of the process wouldn't be a problem. He says the sherm could possibly contain ether and or embalming fluid. He says that people assume sometimes that it is just embalming fluid alone which is not true because he tested positive for pcp on a drug test before, and he has also tried angel dust and the trip is the same just dirtier because of the extra chemical ingredients. Whatever it is it smells raunchy and would like to clean it up a little so any help would be great. This has been a question he has been trying to get answered for like a year now so ANY help at all PLEEAASSE!!!! Thank you for your time! :)

Last edited:
Now, don't take my word for a chemist's, but I'd think this would be difficult to wash. Consider that whatever solvent was added has already dissolved and suspended the PCP.. I can't think of how you could use another solvent to purify that..

However, I think you could evaporate the solvent off, and, theoretically, be left with the previously suspended psychoactive salts.. maybe.

Try it though.. For science?

No that's been tried... kind of... at least... there was a bottle that was left out and it seems to just dissipate into nothing... I don't really know why that would be... when left in the freezer it just stays the same as it is... There's gotta be somebody that knows something about how sherm is made... Why would sherm even exist when there's angel dust? it seems like people are either messing up a perfectly good thing or selling the unfinished product because they're to lazy.... either way there's gotta be some sort of way to make it batter....

If it were the base it would be corrosive and not all that useable. Smell like straight amine funk. If it evaporates into nothing than it may not be PCP.

It's kind of ridiculous how people get the trivial name of embalming fluid confused so often that you apparently find PCP and formaldehyde (the two substances both nicknamed embalming fluid) mixed or used/encountered somehow interchangeably.

To purify, you would have to know what it is that is actually contaminating your PCP. That would need analysis. For most people not an option. Sorry..

HR is great and encouraged of course, but I don't know what options you are actually left with here..

Considering that PCP is a dissolved solid, indeed your first bet would be evaporating off the solvent - it's possible the solvent, or a liquid mixed into it is what causes problems for you / your friend.
If that doesn't work, you could try redissolving the PCP into a solvent of your choice - the guessing continues here: if you don't know what your solid contaminant is (it may possibly be a synthesis impurity which shares physical properties with PCP making it exceedingly hard to separate them), who knows what solvent to pick?

PCP solubility:

Acetone - Slightly soluble
Chloroform - Freely (very) soluble
Ether - Insoluble
Hexane - Insoluble (so one assumes insoluble in naphtha / coleman fuel and similar hydrocarbon solvents as well)
Methanol - Freely soluble (another alcohol like ethanol or isopropanol is recommended though, or make damn sure you evaporate your methanol)
Water - Freely soluble

http://www.swgdrug.org/Monographs/PHENCYCLIDINE.pdf

So after evaporating away your current solvent, either pick a solvent PCP is insoluble in to wash it and hope to dissolve the contaminants. Weigh your product before and after to see if you are losing anything. In some cases, esp when using a solvent PCP dissolves in a bit, you may be losing your actual PCP tho!

Or... pick a solvent PCP is freely soluble in, and hope to leave contaminants behind that are not soluble.

Avoid acetone since it both dissolves quite a lot of things as well as having slight solubility for PCP...

Last edited:
^ Droppin' knowledge. Lol.

On a serious note, that's pretty sketchy to me, how evaporating a vial left no residue..
It's true that embalming fluid is too regularly taken for PCP. It's always made me nervous..

Can anyone chime in with an idea of what smoking embalming fluid would actually do to a body? I can't imagine it would be pleasant or mimic hallucinatory dissociation, would it?

..Research time.

OH

I kind of missed the bit about how evaporation left no residue, I would say there are 2 possibilities:
- It is so little that it left a film of PCP that you are missing and cannot see well visibly
- There is no PCP in it at all and the effects yielded are placebo

Ingesting (smoking) formaldehyde gives you:
- respiratory symptoms and eye, nose, and throat irritation. / irritation, inflammation, corrosion / lesions
- cancer
-

I don't know if there's a way to do this? Most people who use PCP/dust/wet just get it either in liquid or powder form and it does smell like a chemical, or from what friends of mine told me it's on really shitty herb that makes schwag full of seeds look very good.

OK well I remmember the one time we left ia bottle out was because it was so weak that I figured I might as well see if it would get stronger by letting it evaporate a little.. we didn't let it actually let it evaporate all the way... I'm thinking about trying that again with the actual real shit to see if it works. It's just thatit's kind of expensive to waste perfectly strong albeit nasty sherm to see if anything will be left after an evaporation. So basically what your saying is that the pcp would have to be left after evaporation? If that's the case then I'm willing to give it a try for real this time I'm just very leary about experimenting with 65 bucks worth of sherm... I dunno.. I appreciate the info... I'm gonna try letting a bottle just sit out and see what gets left behind... and is negative on the placebo theory... trust me... once youve tried pcp theres no possibility of placebo... I'm not in 8th grade anymore... I'll worry about possibly washing it after I see if anythhing good gets left behind... I'll let y'all know what happens... but anymore info from anyone else who knows more would be appreciated in the mean time...

Last edited:
Perhaps the effort of extracting PCP from sherm can be avoided by using a more available analog such as 3-meO-PCP.

In any event, may good times be had. Stay safe whatever you score.

OK well I remmember the one time we left ia bottle out was because it was so weak that I figured I might as well see if it would get stronger by letting it evaporate a little.. we didn't let it actually let it evaporate all the way... I'm thinking about trying that again with the actual real shit to see if it works. It's just thatit's kind of expensive to waste perfectly strong albeit nasty sherm to see if anything will be left after an evaporation. So basically what your saying is that the pcp would have to be left after evaporation? If that's the case then I'm willing to give it a try for real this time I'm just very leary about experimenting with 65 bucks worth of sherm... I dunno.. I appreciate the info... I'm gonna try letting a bottle just sit out and see what gets left behind... and is negative on the placebo theory... trust me... once youve tried pcp theres no possibility of placebo... I'm not in 8th grade anymore... I'll worry about possibly washing it after I see if anythhing good gets left behind... I'll let y'all know what happens... but anymore info from anyone else who knows more would be appreciated in the mean time...

Not evaporating it fully must be the reason. If it is actual PCP, it doesn't just evaporate, at normal conditions that is physically impossible. That is true for everybody anywhere, so there lies the doubt in your mystery.

How many doses is it that you are supposed to have (to make an estimate of how many milligrams)? Not to use for any real calculations, but if it is really a tiny amount then it may be quite difficult to work with any residue after evaporation if it is so little. It is easy to just lose it in the process, as you can imagine.

It's fair to weigh that against cost and HR, feasibility is a real issue.

And protect yourself from accidental ingestion, potent powders are more easily to spill than liquids or shermsticks..

We don't really recommend drugs on this forum, but it is true that 3-MeO-PCP is said to be very comparable in potency and effect - both are reasonably selective NMDA antagonists apparently.

Last edited:
PCP in smokable form is normally sold/distributed as either a solution in white gas (kerosene) or diethyl ether, I'd assume. And the free base is going to be somewhat volatile on its own just by virture of being a tertiary amine of relatively low MW.

Embalming fluid or formaldehyde are NEVER used in the synthesis, production, distribution or any part of "real" PCP chemistry. In fact, if you ever get a chance, find some aqueous formaldehyde - and give it a smell. Heck even just stand near the open bottle: your eyes water, it stings with a biting, awful odor, and it effect on the body is exclusively toxic. If you could manage to inhale any without choking and coughing, that is - if it isn't burned first. Formaldehyde is effectively as flammableas methanol is anyway.

Last edited:
Oh completely forgot about it quite possibly or likely being freebase.. Still, you would be able to evaporate off the solvent without losing all your fb PCP don't you think? It's just key to evap the last bit on an hourglass or glass container with flat bottom that you can scrape a film off.

Say then, Sekio, that would mean that formaldehyde adulterating the PCP supplies is nothing but urban legend?
Because.. like, the sherms would just burst into flames due to the formaldehyde?
..Lol. That's why I'm like, "Fuck Hector!"

Well, I haven't had a chance to try an avaporation yet but I'll get around to it one of these days. One vial contains about 10-14 dips depending on what you dip and how much but each dip will inebriate you fully if it's good stuff. I've always kina doubted the embalming fluid being in it because there'd really be no reason for it and I would think it would have caused some issues by now. Although ether doesn't sound to great either. I've never noticed any actual problems really it just smells, tastes, and feels dirty... unlike angel dust which is clean... By the way about the 3-MeO-PCP is it smokeable when you get it online, [snip]

Last edited by a moderator:
3-MeO-PCP is apparently found in HCl form when ordered as an RC, rather than PCP found 'on the streetz' which is as sekio pointed out often freebase.

HCl salts can be converted into the freebase relatively easily, if not depending on what kind of substance it is HCl salts tend to have a much higher evap temperature and the less stable they are at temperatures below that, the more you will lose to it burning up and destroying it before you can succesfully vape / smoke.

Do you really have to smoke it though? If you get a nice milligram scale for 20-25$ you can weigh it - something that is highly recommended anyway even if you make a solution of it that you measure by volume... since vendors can give you much less or much more than you actually ordered. Just believing they gave you what you ordered could cause underdosing (raises confused questions) or overdosing (causes things nastier than questions).

I'm hoping someone here can help me identify just what the fuck I was smoking for a few years. Long story short I was getting crystal meth from different people for a few years, everything was as expected. Then one day, the shit changed and when I would find a new dealer, they would start selling me whatever this was after about a week. Whatever this was, it was all i could find and i wound up getting addicted to it. I will try to describe it best i can, i just want to know if it was PCP or actual embalming fluid or what the fuck probably both, who knows.

In crystal form it looked perfectly clear, didn't smell like anything, but the shards were never sharp and would crumble to dust under enough pressure, not just shatter into smaller and smaller crystals.. if that makes sense. Washing with acetone had no noticeable effect and would weigh the same amount before and after, in crystal form or crushed up. Crushed up it was white, I don't remember it having a smell. It burned if you snorted it, and it would melt down in a pipe to perfectly clear liquid that pretty much had to be lit with a torch, not a lighter, would bubble easily, had no taste that I can remember, but smelled like burning hair, and left a really thick, non uniform, white residue in the pipe that could be melted down and smoked again just like meth, but it was layed on really thick and would build up really fast. If I hot railed it with a tube, it would always boil and some would always wind up dripping out back onto the mirror. It was a light brown color and could be scrapped up and reused just like meth. It was DEFINITELY NOT METH. Not much euphoria, not much sex drive. It kept me awake and stimulated though. It was an interesting high that i came to rather enjoy somehow. It made music more pleasurable. I smoked it in the pipe pretty much all day, almost everyday for a couple years, never had a sore throat, never got sick, I don't remember so much as coughing from it.

I never hallucinated really, no matter how much i did or how long id be doing it for. a couple of times I saw light shades of colors on walls I knew were white. I think my girl would hallucinate but not like on acid or something.. she described seeing writing in the texture of the wall.. and hear noises that weren't happening. She would always snort it, i would only smoke it or hot rail it. I would get aggressive and yell, and get paranoid AS FUCK after smoking it all day/night but I never wound up shooting at the cops while naked, standing on the roof or anything. I could always drive perfectly.

@ScrewAllDay

Sorry but there is no real way to determine what you had. If it was the present and you could test it you would have a much better chance.