• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Shelf life of methamphetamine?

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Curious for informational purposes.

Why can’t I find such information so easily?

Because no-one has had enough willpower to keep it long enough, perhaps?

;)

To my knowledge, with proper storage, it doesn't go bad.

Unless we're talking about some meth thats 100 years old or something like that...

Edit: I'm thinking of pills, but with street meth, its harder to say without knowing what kind of impurities are present and how it's been stored. Generally though, shelf life for a dry powder or crystal meth product shouldn't be a concern as long as it's kept in a cool, dry, dark place.

i had some one time i hid in a pill bottle in my medicine cabinet while i was spun. well sober me forgot about it for 8 months and found it. was like 2 g's smoked it and it was perfectly fine

In its dry crystalline/salt form, it's very stable and going to maintain its potency for a very long time indeed - many many years or decades.

ive had one fat rock for coming up on 4 months now , It hasnt lost any weight I just keep it inside sealed container in a Dark (like no light at all) place. Caint bring myself to break it so i just keep reuping before i get to it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Methamphetamine and MDMA along with most other phenethylamines should be stable for thousands of years. Shulgin once said that if MDMA was made in the time of the Egyptians and stored in the Great Pyramids, it would still be pure today. Same goes for meth, ephedrine, and methcathinone and all related drugs.

Methamphetamine and MDMA along with most other phenethylamines should be stable for thousands of years. Shulgin once said that if MDMA was made in the time of the Egyptians and stored in the Great Pyramids, it would still be pure today. Same goes for meth, ephedrine, and methcathinone and all related drugs.

can you provide a link to where you found this info you may have just helped me win a bet:)

Am I the only one here that can keep a stash of crystal in his bedroom cupboard without craving it? ?

OP it hasn't lost its potency for me at all and I just keep it in a sealed plastic wallet.

Lol mine tends to disappear into the dark depths of my medicine cabinet for months at a time. And my mind tells me I smoked it all so I go buy more.

I imagine adding one of those small desiccants that come in certain medicine bottles could add even more time if several decades isn't enough..