View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sharing some daily dosing effects

Madrus

Bluelighter
I wanted to see if repeated consistent LSD dosing would lead to a sustained decrease in ego and increase in bodily/breath awareness. Results are mixed so far.

I've been doing ~50ug each day. The first and second days are really the only ones that feel like tripping, and after that the effect is mostly physical. Any changes in perspective or perception also fade away with the drug and are completely gone by the morning. Though there is a consistent tranquil and calm effect that lasts throughout the day's dose and that's generally consistent. (With the exception of day 4 on the first trial where that produced several hours of a stimulated paranoid and jittery state)

Now there's a couple studies out there where they gave rats repeated LSD dosages. I believe the doses were higher, though it was given every other day, and it resulted in schizophrenic & non-social behavior in the animals. So, probably playing with fire.

Even in this short number of tests it's become obvious that after the 2nd day, there isn't much to the experienced compared to the stronger first days.

We'll see how it goes.

2V1ia.png

Yeah you're taking a low dose, far above a microdose. Though even microdosing shouldn't be done daily. But 50ug is a full dose, I actually trip on that dose although generally I like to take 100ug or more. After 2 days your short-term tolerance would be very high and positive effects because increasingly unlikely. I'll warn you, I used to dose like that a lot back in 2006 and 2007, like 3 days in a row frequently, take a couple of days off, repeat, generally low doses. I ended up fucking my tolerance up so bad it was basically impossible to trip and I had to take a break from psychedelics for 3 years before I could trip again. I would take months off and try again, and still nothing, until I completely cut them out for 3 straight years. Now I can fully trip again but I thought for a while I had ruined it forever.

Just FYI, the receptor responsible for most of LSD's psychotropic effects, called "5HT2A" is closely related to another type of serotonin receptor, "5HT2B".

So where I am going with this? Well, 5HT2B receptors are present in large numbers in your heart, where their persistent activation can lead to the growth of scar tissue on your heart valves, which is obviously not a good thing.

In fact, where ergot alkaloids and their derivatives were once the gold standard in treating things like Parkinson's or migraines, they have now been largely replaced by selective dopamine agonists and triptans, as their long-term use was associated with cardiac valvulopathy.

tl,dr: Doing LSD on a daily basis might be very bad for your heart.

By that logic LSD would cure cancer cause 5ht2A regulates your tumor necrotic factor response. Its good to not jump to conclusions hardcore trippers have lived to very old ages with better health than most people. I personally don't think LSD is cardiotoxic at all.

If it is, which of the lysergamides does the least heart damage? How are mushrooms or cacti for this?

By that logic LSD would cure cancer cause 5ht2A regulates your tumor necrotic factor response. Its good to not jump to conclusions hardcore trippers have lived to very old ages with better health than most people. I personally don't think LSD is cardiotoxic at all.

I meant that LSD might be cardiotoxic if somebody got the bright idea to dose it on a daily basis for extended periods of time. I mean, microdosing has become a thing, so it is not unlikely for people to eventually decide to start "mega-microdosing" it o_O

As I said, pergolide was withdrawn from the market for causing heart valve damage, and the use of cabergoline at all but the lowest doses has become controversial. In both cases, the incidence of heart valve damage is reported to be correlated with 5HT2b agonism. And since the famous crystallography study on the binding properties of LSD was actually done on 5HT2B receptors, that suggests that LSD has a pretty significant affinity for it.

HOWEVER if you just trip every few weeks or so, it's not going to be a problem. It's similar to how MDMA is both neurotoxic and cardiotoxic, but likewise there is a major difference between using it once every two months and on a near-daily basis. Or, you know, ethanol - getting drunk as hell on St Patrick's Day, your birthday, NYE and the day you break up with your girlfriend won't give you cirrhosis, but getting kind of drunk on a daily basis for the rest of the year probably will.
And some people are just lucky when it comes to their organs - my grandpa has been a functional alcoholic for most of his life, at times combining it with shitloads of uppers and the odd downer, but even at the ripe old age of 90, both his heart and his liver have yet to give in. I still wouldn't recommend basing your lifestyle on anecdotes like that.

FWIW, Shulgin did eventually have to undergo heart valve surgery, but that was when he was in his eighties, where plenty of people get heart issues despite never having done any kind of serotonergic drug in their lives.

But tl,dr: There is no problem with tripping every few weeks, just don't make "mega-microdosing" a thing.

Last edited:
If it is, which of the lysergamides does the least heart damage? How are mushrooms or cacti for this?

I was talking about the dangers of dosing something on a daily basis. You might be at risk of developing heart valve damage if you tried to ingest the equivalent of ~120 mg of mescaline on a daily basis for years, but this would probably necessitate a pretty big patch of cacti.

My post above was about trying to dissuade people from inventing the concept of "mega-microdosing". If you have the patience for growing cacti, you're probably also among the people who wouldn't think it prudent to eat them every day.

I really don't think that there is any chance of this so called daily mega dosing or mega microdosing ever becoming a trend because microdosing only works because the dose is so low, i.e. sub threshold and if you start increasing the dose the treatment will not be as effective by nature and you will be developing a tolerance which I think you can just about prevent from happening with proper careful and actual microdosing.

Heck, if you could take away the tolerance factor with LSD I'm pretty sure I would be taking it every day lol!
I'm not kidding a big reason I don't trip more often it because I feel like I want to get the most out of it and I'm never exactly sure what dose I will want whereas if I could just dose freely whenever and repeatedly I would be on that stuff all the time but the tolerance factor is very self-limiting when it comes to abuse and usage frequency over time for most people and I'm sure this will always be the case.

I'm so indecisive about it but largely because of the complications of long-term illness and planning a trip, and this actual indecision prevents me from tripping more often.

With daily macro dosing negatives will very quickly outweigh positives which is the complete opposite of the benefit most people achieve from microdosing and the substance will become effectively useless and the longer this pursuit continues the longer ones tolerance to Lsd will last.

Of course I support your line of thought and where you are coming from but I genuinely don't think there is a risk of this catching on.

Last edited: