• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

sharing a link; "people have the right to use magic mushrooms and LSD"

Yeah people should have the right to take whatever the hell they want... we do need institutions like the FDA but they have way too much power.

Psychedelics and all recreational drugs should be legalized. I also believe patients deserve more rights... it disgusts me to hear about doctors who refuse to prescribe their patients meds that actually work for them all because of baseless fears. Soma (carisoprodol) is a prime example of this. Methaqualone and barbiturates should be brought back as well.

good point AA357 :) i couldn't agree more; though i'm a little uneducated about the meds you described.

Yeah people should have the right to take whatever the hell they want... we do need institutions like the FDA but they have way too much power.

Psychedelics and all recreational drugs should be legalized. I also believe patients deserve more rights... it disgusts me to hear about doctors who refuse to prescribe their patients meds that actually work for them all because of baseless fears. Soma (carisoprodol) is a prime example of this. Methaqualone and barbiturates should be brought back as well.

Why would you bother with bringing barbiturates or methaqualone back? Benzodiazepines serve the same purpose and have a much, much better safety profile. These aren't like psychs either in that a single dose can create a life changing experience in an individual. I've never heard of anyone who got real fucked on a bunch of downers and felt like they had grown as a person afterwards...

On topic: it's nice to see articles like this in high profile journals like the lancet. David Nutt published an article a few years ago on similar train of thought that proposed a reclassification of UK drug laws based on how high the drugs scored on a multitude of factors affecting the user but also others. Class A being the most harmful and Class D, class D pretty much only contained psychedelics. Can't seem to find that one at the moment, but I came across this one which is similar and more recent! http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673610614626

MCDA modelling showed that heroin, crack cocaine, and metamfetamine were the most harmful drugs to individuals (part scores 34, 37, and 32, respectively), whereas alcohol, heroin, and crack cocaine were the most harmful to others (46, 21, and 17, respectively). Overall, alcohol was the most harmful drug (overall harm score 72), with heroin (55) and crack cocaine (54) in second and third places.
Out of the drugs they evaluated LSD, mushrooms and buprenorphine scored the lowest... If you look closely at one of the graphs you can see mushrooms score 0 on "harm to others" and LSD scores maybe a 1.

As far as science goes there really isn't a proper reason to keep psychedelics illegal. They aren't drugs of abuse, obviously they can be abused, but from what I've personally experienced and read on bluelight is that this tends to be self-limiting and people eventually "grow out" of abusing psychedelics...

Benzodiazepines are absolutely great, but they don't serve exactly the same purpose. They might be safer but they are addictive as holy fuck. Last year I was taking 3-5 grams GHB about 4 evenings per week (mainly after workouts). I did this for a good 3 months and didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms after I'd run out. I sure as shit wouldn't risk doing something like that with Valium.

IMO barbs and ludes should never have been discontinued. If the patients who were being prescribed these drugs actually had a say in the matter - which should be the case in a democracy - then I'm sure they would still be around.

In my country diazepam is commonly prescribed as a muscle relaxant, but carisoprodol is unavailable. Both of them are effective and very euphoric (to me), but Soma is by far the stronger muscle relaxant. Plus, every report I've read suggests that Soma has a lower dependence liability than Valium.

EmmaSofia is relaunching it's crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. The goal is reduced to 30.000$(which will serve as a foundation for further work) and the campaign will go on for a longer period. The goal is still to open up for clinical use and research of MDMA and psychedelics, but the campaign have adopted a more long term strategy. If they fall short of the 300.000$ they need to get a GMP-license for psilocybin production, they have capital to build a base and foundation on. Lately they have appeared in media and journals such as Newsweek and The Lancet. These are not the publications that reach the target audience willing to donate, but they are very important for the general shift in peoples perceptions regarding these drugs. There is also a formal request in the works to WHO regarding removal of MDMA and psychedelics from the schedules of the UN 1971 Psychotropic Convention. All this require time and energy, and will be much easier with some funding. This also shows that people are supporting and ready for change.

They need support so spread the word and donate if you can.

Upvote the threads on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/comments/317g6q/round_2_norwegian_nonprofitproduced_mdma/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MDMA/comments/3119vx/nonprofit_produced_mdma_psychedelics_round_2_help/

All drugs should be legal. It's a fundamental right of every human being to decide for themselves what to put into their own body.

I absolutely agree with the above statement.

But, I don't think people should be allowed to take their own lives either. Not willingly, at least.

So yeah, there is too much power given to our government. But how do you propose a "rule" with so many different people aka different philosophies? It's kind of a valiant effort, though futile ultimately.

But anyway, the theme is clear as day and it should be the case under all conditions of fairness. I've read it again and it just rings true, to my mind.

I think we should have more prepared doctors to deal efficiently with addiction and drug abuse.

I absolutely agree with the above statement.

But, I don't think people should be allowed to take their own lives either. Not willingly, at least.

So yeah, there is too much power given to our government. But how do you propose a "rule" with so many different people aka different philosophies? It's kind of a valiant effort, though futile ultimately.

But anyway, the theme is clear as day and it should be the case under all conditions of fairness. I've read it again and it just rings true, to my mind.
Suicide is a terrible thing but what can the government do to stop it? In my country the government used to seize the assets of people who killed themselves, but all this does ultimately is make the lives of their family members even more miserable (possibly driving them to suicide as well).

Some of the laws they have in place nowadays are downright laughable. For example: in my country, shops aren't allowed to serve customers more than 2 boxes of NSAID painkillers in any one transaction. Do you really think this has prevented any suicides?

Suicide is a terrible thing but what can the government do to stop it? In my country the government used to seize the assets of people who killed themselves, but all this does ultimately is make the lives of their family members even more miserable (possibly driving them to suicide as well).

Some of the laws they have in place nowadays are downright laughable. For example: in my country, shops aren't allowed to serve customers more than 2 boxes of NSAID painkillers in any one transaction. Do you really think this has prevented any suicides?

Heh, good point. There's obv no statistical evidence, but even if there was, people will do what they want anyways.

I think they should be. As long as your actions don't affect other people's fundamental rights, you should be free to do as you please.

Back on topic: anyone who takes a drug, makes a statement that they don't recognize any authority over this decision. Otherwise they would have respected that authority and not taken the drug.

I think they should be. As long as your actions don't affect other people's fundamental rights, you should be free to do as you please.

A mere difference in opinion. I guess I just value another life more than that. =/

A mere difference in opinion.
Definitely a difference in opinion, but one with far reaching consequences. In my opinion it is immoral to restrict anyones freedom to do as they please, as long as it doesn't affect other people's fundamental rights. So it would be immoral (IMO) to forbid someone from taking their own life. It's a difference in opinion that has far reaching consequences because legislators make laws to forbid suicide.

Definitely a difference in opinion, but one with far reaching consequences. In my opinion it is immoral to restrict anyones freedom to do as they please, as long as it doesn't affect other people's fundamental rights. So it would be immoral (IMO) to forbid someone from taking their own life. It's a difference in opinion that has far reaching consequences because legislators make laws to forbid suicide.

I agree with that. The line gets real blurry there.

But that's a solid stance to take.

I agree with that. The line gets real blurry there.

But that's a solid stance to take.
I admit that the line gets blurry. Where does one person's personal freedom end and where does the influence on other people's lives begin? It's actually quite similar to the legalization discussion.

I mean MAPS is great, but they are entirely focused on US and medical. They work only with the FDA and do not care about supply.

You're mistaken.

MAPS main goal with MDMA assisted psychotherapy involves the legal distribution of MDMA with any profits funding future research too.
https://www.maps.org/maps-media/med...onduct-research-and-sell-mdma-by-prescription

MAPS research occurs in many countries on several continents.
https://www.maps.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=105&Itemid=584

You have to ask, what are they so scared of? Mind Expansion I suspect... they will no doubt claim 'road safety'...