• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Share your artwork v. BL's got talent

this is my favourite piece out of everything you have posted up here.

Lovely washes, subject matter is dreamy, all executed fantastically wondrous
also....here is a recent water color and ink piece.
IMG_1366.JPG

Very cool nekointheclouds and CS. =)

Albion, I really like you're style. I have a laser in my garage that can burn things. I think a lot of your stuff would come out looking sick.

Little shadow box-inspired valentine using a twig from a red maple, moss and an old photo from my childhood reduced to miniature.

And a valentine for a particular memory of Caleb, from something he said when he was little.

When I told a friend that I thought the reason I wasn't making art was because of guilt he said, "Make art about your guilt". this and the following one are made with paper I made using paint and flour and texturing tools.

Last edited:
You are so damn talented, herby. Thank you so much for sharing with us. <3

Love all of those, Herby <3

I re-jigged the pen drawing of my cat for my sister's birthday...Trippified him :)

402820_10151435594114395_1306163175_n.jpg

those are cray, i didn't know poser was still around. might have to get myself a copy to play around with :)

Rough draft for the Penguin design award. The brief is to design a cover for Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep. This is minus the text, as I'm not quite done with the text version.

minus_text_by_jspete-d5w7aj7.jpg

Way too much talent up in here. The best I can manage is some fancy stick figures. I always wish I had artistic talent of some sort but it just never wanted to be part of my life. So I just sit around being jealous of the talent around me. :p This is quite literally the best I can do! I think I drew it for someone at Thanksgiving.
scan0002sm.jpg

marshmallowkitten, i can't draw from memory so my turkey day illustration would probably be incredibly similar but prob not as cute <3 your rendition is superhappyturkeyfuntime :)

if people were posing at the table for me or if i was going off a photo, things would be more realistic. guess my visual memory is somewhat disjointed.

Way too much talent up in here. The best I can manage is some fancy stick figures. I always wish I had artistic talent of some sort but it just never wanted to be part of my life. So I just sit around being jealous of the talent around me. :p This is quite literally the best I can do! I think I drew it for someone at Thanksgiving.
scan0002sm.jpg

I love you! =D (and the picture)

Couple o new things

First here's the finished cover for The Big Sleep...Haven't submitted it for the competition yet, but it's pretty much done...Hoping it does well, I could do with some money :!

the_big_sleep_by_jspete-d5xt8c8.png

Here's a drawing of Toad Hall, from The Wind In The Willows.
540777_10151482118604395_681004652_n.jpg

And here's Toad's hands...Used my own hand as reference. They're going to be holding onto a steering wheel, the white bits are where the wheel will go through them...Trying to sort of build up a composite image of Toad's view as he's driving, as seen through his aviator goggles.
toad_s_hand_by_jspete-d5xtapa.png

75007_10151482118394395_186314079_n.jpg

Last edited:
Finally cranked out a new watercolor painting. I needed one more peice for my Graduate art show, I'm flying to Memphis tomorrow to turn my 6 peices in and help hang the show.

487525_10152632827910487_433208868_n.jpg