Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Lots of whales in the bay. Going to walk down later today and hope to see one breach.

got to say hi to a new goat chilli, another month old goat at the house i'm staying at but leave tmrw to return home. she looked so magical/mystical, with more developed horns than the wattle (the other goat). goats straight up are amazing creatures, so sensitive and interesting.

this is a photo i got of wattle
NSFW:
AabUejI.jpg

^ I miss being that close to nature.

I am happy today. I had one of these yearly work evaluations, except that today I was positive and calm and I am really pretty optimistic and looking forward to spending some time away traveling. It will be a longer travel and at this time I'm going solo which makes me excited but a little anxious. I need to be positive about this because it matters a lot for my future.

do you know where you want to go erik? i want to save up now so i can explore further away from home too

fly home today and am full of ideas/dreams/optimism :)

Just saw my name in the local news paper, feels good seeing my name in the paper for good stuff, and not bad stuff.

I just got back from a beautiful run in the high desert. I can't run like I used to. But I'm coming to terms with that, and am using it less often as an excuse to be lazy. If I just pick myself up and hit it, I'm always glad.

I can't run at all anymore, sim, but I take 2-3 mile walks regularly and longer hikes occasionally. I miss the euphoria and second wind of running but I have to say I'm a big fan of just walking at an energetic pace--way easier on joints and over-used feet.;)

took a shower, put some makeup on...have a date this sunday ?? and my headaches are less frequent! feeling much better

^ Glad to hear.

As usual, looking forward to the weekend. Having a harsh/tough week.

sister arrived from NY today, she is home for 2 weeks for my brothers wedding. so happy to see her and to be able to talk with her. i was going a bit mad being back in my parents house with just them, now there is more voices of reason and support.

^ That sounds great Mysterie!

I'm so happy this morning. I slept well, had a strong hot coffee and feel rested and ready. I'm planning to take the kids out for lunch, and going to a movie later, which I find it quite interesting as these things were quit a challenge for me a year ago. Feeling quite good. :)

Hey that sounds like fun Erikmen, we have been getting some shitty weather here due to the aftermath of hurricane harvey. which movie are you going to go and see later? I'd like to go see one myself.

Went and checked out this world-fair here in town, was pretty cool walking around smelling the different smells of the vendors cooking, was really neat. the only thing that sucked is my anxiety kicking in, found myself in the corner of the field chain smoking cigarettes. I still really need to work out my anxiety from being in large crowds, because I love going to events like shows,fairs,markets etc. Really need to either go there with somebody until I can go alone, or not go at all. Really felt myself getting panicky while I was there, even though I wanted to go and check out all the types of booths and countries of the world and stuff.

Not sure what I am doing later, going to go and get some coffee after i leave the library, and phone my sponsor and talk with him.

I Know the weather has been pretty difficult - devastating actually. That Harvey hurricane has made a real damage, people say it was worse than Catarina. Hope things get better soon!

Today was fun, family day, my son wanted to see "Unlocked". But later at home we watched some good Netflix series. We hadn't seen the last season of Narcos, so we managed to see almost all episodes. Crazy to see half how a corrupt system can go up to those we can't believe that had any thing to do with all that heavy traffic. Feeling quite rested for sure.

Much peace to all!

kind of got into a big argument with my parents and sister.

i asked to loan some money from my parents so that i could move interstate and feel more secure for the first 2 weeks financially whilst i am looking for a job and accomodation.

i also asked if i could take their dog with me, because i don't feel they have the time or inclination to take care of her. we are like best friends, soulmates even on some level.

it was a resounding no to both of my requests. i felt a bit shook, maybe a bit surprised even, although in retrospect i am not sure what i was expecting from them.

but i am happy that i have reached a point where i can state what i want, and even if the answer is no. i can accept that, and be happy that i tried my best.

i feel more determined than ever now to work my best in this move and its exhilarating that i don't feel much fear about it.

@Mysterie that's cool you can see the good in things , no matter the outcome , you are ok.
I need to work on seeing the good in things. And also to do my best with EVERYTHING. That way no matter the outcome I can only be kind to myself.

Hey that sounds like fun Erikmen, we have been getting some shitty weather here due to the aftermath of hurricane harvey. which movie are you going to go and see later? I'd like to go see one myself.

Went and checked out this world-fair here in town, was pretty cool walking around smelling the different smells of the vendors cooking, was really neat. the only thing that sucked is my anxiety kicking in, found myself in the corner of the field chain smoking cigarettes. I still really need to work out my anxiety from being in large crowds, because I love going to events like shows,fairs,markets etc. Really need to either go there with somebody until I can go alone, or not go at all. Really felt myself getting panicky while I was there, even though I wanted to go and check out all the types of booths and countries of the world and stuff.

Not sure what I am doing later, going to go and get some coffee after i leave the library, and phone my sponsor and talk with him.
I totally feel you on the anxiety. I get really fustrated with myself because I actually really DO like going to music festivals and farmers markets and and fairs and stuff , but I can't enjoy it like everyone else. I just keep telling myself that I suck and I'm ridiculous. Lol. My head ends up in my hands in that kind of leaned over position when you are sitting down. It's hard not to loathe myself sometimes . But I should give myself more credit , I guess...

Something positive about my day is well... I feel ok . I had a good time with my friend last night. We laughed pretty hard , he made a joke about giving someone their 0 days sober chip in AA , It was pretty funny at the time . Lol . I think that laughter cheered us both up and made the rest of the night fun.

The local bunch of hooligans, aka my friends, came through for a nice time last night. We got to see the Asteroid Flo-3122 through a decent telescope before going out and ran into some extended friends we hadn't seen in a while. Tomorrow being a Holiday my work recognizes (oddly enough) tonight has the potential to be Saturday V 2.0.

That sounds great great JA!

I don't have so much real friends left. Only two real loyal friends who I can always count with regardless of the distance between us, I'm very happy we'll soon be together. And that we can talk so often.