Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the weekend with my girl. Chill and watch a movie tonight then dinner tomorrow : ) Have a good one peoples.

Swimming in the morning sleeping later, a good home lunch. But at the same time I'm a bit anxious. Typical Saturday.

I cleaned up a large portion of my wood shop this morning so now I can actually walk through it without having to suck in my breath to get around the table saw. The sad part is that the concrete floor isn't as soft as it was when it was covered in sawdust or as my girlfriend refers to sawdust, Man Glitter!
In case anyone is remotely interested here's my workbench before I cleaned up a bit.. Legs and held together by tenon and mortise and the top is held down by mere wedges and 4 lag bolts. It's based on the design of Paul Sellers. If you're interested in traditional woodworking check out Paul on YouTube or his blog, paulsellers.com.
IMG_20160425_232133_1.jpg

Cool shop. I always felt lesser than a man cause i couldnt woodwork. I saw a special on tv recenty where they made guitars. It was bad ass. I love playing them most but to build one wouldvbe great.

My positive thing is ive felt depression lift a bit. Its a beautifil day here in NC and its a good day to be alive?

^ Indeed, there are great types of guitar and it's amazing to see the work being done. I also like seeing the art of doing new designs of Skys, Surf boards. Cool to be able to do thing with your own hands. I try but I don't think I have the talent, except for cardboard robots together with my son for his school art class.

My girlfriend just left. We had a fun weekend. Won't see her for 12 days now but I found a gym where I live for $15 a monh so I'm excited to join tomorrow. Now I'm glad I didn't drop $55 on the first gym!

^^^^To the above posts. It does feel great, as a man, to build something or work something with your hands. The fence we put up last week was so much fun and felt like a real accomplishment. Happy Sunday ; )

Grateful for having a calm and restful weekend.
Lots of good taped movies we've watched together.

^Between your gym-talkj and erikmen's swim talk I feel like "Herby, get off your damn butt!" is in the air LOL. I just find a million excuses not to do something that I know will help me feel better in every way. Damn this being human is complicated!8) However, since this is a thread intended to recognize the positive, I'll go with this: it's a bright sunny day and my garden is calling.

Best part of my day every day is when I get home from work my dog is so happy to see me. Knowing that he needs me helps me to stay motivated to take care of myself.

Also my wife... fuck I don't know what I would do without her. Those are every day things.

As for today, what is good... biking to work feels good. Wearing my favorite shirt feels good. New comic book to read. Sunlight through the window. All small things but they help to make life feel like it's worth living.

The small things are those that end up saving the day pretty often..
Best part of the day is when I can live work on time. It's incredible how much time I have. I can exercise, eat on my pace and actually stay with my family more than 2 hours at night when they go to bed.

Yesterday i found my inner self for like 5 min and felt pure love. So different than the self hatred i endure everyday. Everything in my loft got real bright and i felt love but not for my daughter for my sister but for me. It was a hell of an experience. I hope that i can relay this into my life.

I have experienced once something similar while I was fifteen. I was walking in a road back to home from my friends house and it was a sunny summer night and suddenly I just felt like every color was much more intense than ever and that I could hear all the sounds much clearer and felt connected to everything that ever, is or would be.

Haven't felt anything like that afterwards but I can clearly remember everything from those few minutes it went on. Idk if I got hit by some cosmic rays or what but I would love to have similar experience in the future too.

It's been a quiet and good day so far. Had a longer and pleasant lunch break with a couple of colleagues.

Again, people.

Just some beautiful people around - nature is sweet and there are too many of our species overlooked and underestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.