Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new assistant finally. A very smart one. I'm very grateful things will slowly start to get better.
I am realizing how old I am with these new employees born in the late 80's early 90's. :)
When I stared working, everyone was so much older than me.

You're only as old as you feel =D ^ You have more spirit than some people in their 20's

Made some fun plans for the weekend and found two bike inter tubes lying around. I'm going to go exploring and try to do a century ride someday. I may go visit my new nephew sometime later today. He's beautiful :D

I called and spoke to an admissions counselor at a rehab for the first time. I've been putting it off for 6 months, but I finally mustered the willpower to go forward with it.

I got a lot done! I helped out a friend by pruning some shrubs and pulling weeds.I also got a lot done around the house. I feel good about it. ;)

I'm recovering well from my wisdom tooth surgery and can already drink liquids w/o to much pain. One of my boyfriend's got the job he had interviewed for so I'm super happy for him. And one of the chewable fidget toys I purchased arrived today and turned out to be much better quality than I expected, likely thick enough to stand up to my heavy chewing habits for a long time once I'm back to being able to chew on things!

I received some amazing support today from fellow BL'ers.... made my day so much better.

^^ Happy to hear that, Erikmen :)

So nice to connect with others :)

Ok, god things happen every day....

Today instead of being home drunk and nasty all day my husband worked and is still working! What a nice relief as weekends can feel llllooooonnnnnggggg.

Reached out to some people and they reached back. Was nice :)

Take care everyone Xoxo
Peace

^ Indeed, good things happen everyday. We just have to focus, look further.
Glad to hear about your day too. :)

I thought I didn't have any hope inside me, I don't realy like my life right now and don't see it getting better in the future which made me think I don't care-or even want to die. A pain in my left chest though made me think Im expiriensing a heart atack. A googled about the symptoms and it seems it's just some muscle pain and not a real heart atack, but what's intresting is that I felt realy worried about that. At first I was mad at my self for fearing death, but after all it seems that I still have hope that things will get better or else the possibility of diying feel more liberating than scarry.
There have been a couple of things I was lucky about during the day, but discovering I still HOPE is the best thing that happened to me for a while.

^ Glad to hear! :) Hope is everything sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hold on tight, bomber. I've been in and out of just fucking wanting to seriously die....I'm hanging in even if just barely. White knucking it. Listened to sine Eckhart Tille although something about him bothers me, still I can extract some things from him talking. On YouTube. Liked it better than just reading things.

An ex of mine recently shot himself in the head. The pain in my heart is enormous. I very much doubt he thought I'd even care let alone cry almost daily fire about eight months now. There are always people who care. M ore than you think. God I wish we hadbeenin touch at that time. I miss him so.

Hold on bbaby. You may have to break to stop the bending. I had a bit of a breakthrough last few days. Because it's either get to a higher level of consciousness so I can survive, or lay down and give up.

I really don't *want* to give up, even though it feels like I *need* to.

I'm applying being the observer of my thoughts rather than identifying with them and following them through. Listen to some Eckhart Tolle if that sounds interesting at all.

Good things happen every day.... The weather is bright so I'm in less pain versus when it's overcast or raining. Thank GOD. A lot of damp days here.

Peace. Xo

^ I find it terrible to die like that, especially for the closest ones who stay behind. It must be quite conflicting at times..

I did have an interesting day as I had lost so much work with our computer upgrade. At the same time I felt extremely grateful to those who helped me out. They did that out nothing and it was such a big deal for me. It's hard to find altruism these days especially at work.

Thank you both. I am in an outpatient program for stopping drugs. I was clean for 2 weaks anyway, but I still think only good things can come from the program.

Indeed, you should always be able to continue not using drugs.
This has happened to me and to most people who is fighting this very same battle.
Get up and move on, you can do this! <3

Last edited:
@bomber, Two weeks! That's great! You got this, hon. You said "was" so I'm thinking you slipped up? I've redefined "failure" for me. I have a habit of being very hard on myself when I don't get the results in something I was after, to the point that I neglect to give myself credit for how hard I'm trying and how legitimately hard the struggle is etc. But recently I've decided you know what? If it takes me 100 attempts then so be it. Because unless I straight up GIVE UP then I'm not failing. And I'm giving myself credit for getting back up and trying again every time I fall down. This recent shift in my perspective has been most helpful.

Don't give up, you got this, hon :) I dint know what your drug(s) of choice is/are. But if you go through my posting history there's a thread titled something like "H withdrawal soon/chronic pain" that's quite active currently. I feel so fortunate that so many really great, kind, supportive people found their way to that thread and posted.

I mention that thread in case you'd like to come join in and get some encouragement as far as trying to stay clean. It's pretty laid back, everyone without exception has been just so nice and lovely so far, and we all understand the struggle. So, check it out if that sounds good to you, you will get encouragement and support there :)

Take kind, gentle, loving care of yourself.

Peace xo

Status
Not open for further replies.