Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick with it, you've come so far. I know full well sub wd feels, it really does suck. Suckutex.
Anyway - try and stick with it, you'll be level again before you know it, and that much closer to being off them for good. This is the hard bit, but don't give up! Every crummy feeling is one step closer to bring healthy off this shite. I'm in a similar position right now, keep seeing opium poppies growing all over the place (UK summer is a tough time for an addict, the bastards grow everywhere!)

We shall prevail!

Well said Erikmen. Sounds like your having a hard time. I hate Methadone. I was on it for pain yrs ago and when I came off it was hell. I tapered slowly too. That drug is a beast. I guess it's better than someone shooting up on the streets but dam. It was like a 2 month withdrawal.But you're right, living without medication. Sometimes I just wanna stop all my Meds phyc and all. I take 13 different medications. Talk about being controlled by medicine. That would be irresponsible of me though. See, I can't live with Meds and I can't live without. I'm truly sick and stuck. I have nothing good to say usually that's why I stay off this thread. I hate me life and thank God for my daughter or I'd be outa here

After I wrote my post I went on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then had a first phone interview for a job and it went really well. I have jumped off at 2mg of sub several times before and got through that so I am going to continue to taper. Thank you so much for the encouragement. I truly appreciate it.

I'm glad that you were buoyed by both hard work (the treadmill) and a glimmer of hope (the interview). Stick to your plan--it's a good one!<3

Good handle too, fabriclondon. I loved going to that club about 15 years ago. Not quite as much as my beloved Renegade Hardware @The End, but still. Stick with it, stick it to the bupe!

Thanks brother! I'm a Yank from Philadelphia but I'm a fan of the Fabric mix series and happened to be playing one of the mixes as I was joining the site. Plus I am a bit of an Anglophile. Always loved British humour (see how I spelled that? hehe) and many dj's and bands from the UK. How are you doing on your end? Staying away from the pods?

Yea, I'm being a good boy! 7 days straight by 4pm tomorrow, BOOMSHANKA! if ever you find yourself in London, look me up and I'll take ya to Fabric proper. :)

Here's my good thing of the day, I'm now a bona fide Bluelighter. Just an ickle small one, but hey? Still cool and groovy. Seems I've been fiending the forums, takes my mind off the withdrawal though! :D

I hate Methadone. I was on it for pain yrs ago and when I came off it was hell. I tapered slowly too. That drug is a beast. I guess it's better than someone shooting up on the streets but dam. It was like a 2 month withdrawal.But you're right, living without medication. Sometimes I just wanna stop all my Meds phyc and all. I take 13 different medications. Talk about being controlled by medicine. That would be irresponsible of me though. See, I can't live with Meds and I can't live without. I'm truly sick and stuck. I have nothing good to say usually that's why I stay off this thread. I hate me life and thank God for my daughter or I'd be outa here

Good to hear you quit methadone. I know the feeling of not being happy, not liking your life. It's very hard sometimes but we need to go on. Keep trying different attitudes. Other paths. I'm quite thankful for my children as well. They were my inspiration to continue struggling, at all costs.

^^^I've never been to Six Flags and I love amusement rides so I really want to go now that I'm not in a room by myself doing drugs lol. We also have Dorney Park close to us which is another great park. I'm currently in Wildwood NJ and we have a boardwalk and some great rides. It's an amazing feeling to be able to enjoy real life again. Just had another phone screen for a job which went well, but it's too far away for me to pursue. I listened to a Dharma talk on fear and courage and it helped me greatly today. Have a good one party peoples.

Had a great and productive day at work. Got a bonus. That's the good part.
The workload is way too heavy though. Shouldn't complain. I need the job.

^^^I've never been to Six Flags and I love amusement rides so I really want to go now that I'm not in a room by myself doing drugs lol. We also have Dorney Park close to us which is another great park. I'm currently in Wildwood NJ and we have a boardwalk and some great rides. It's an amazing feeling to be able to enjoy real life again. Just had another phone screen for a job which went well, but it's too far away for me to pursue. I listened to a Dharma talk on fear and courage and it helped me greatly today. Have a good one party peoples.

Right.. I have read many times how people are bored now that they are not in active addiction. I'm reality active addiction is the most boring thing around.

Three hours away from home after pounding out eight hundred miles (1290km) today.

Right.. I have read many times how people are bored now that they are not in active addiction. In reality active addiction is the most boring thing around.

Three hours away from home after pounding out eight hundred miles (1290km) driving solo today.

That's one hell of a drive!! In Dec I'm driving across the country. 1700 miles. With an ostomy bag. Should be times of joy and times of straight up misery. Going to live with my daughter so it's all worth it. I will be a much happier person then. I miss her so much. I also have a stepson who's 13. That's the age I started doing bad things. He's slow cause he was a premie so Dr said he'd always be behind physically and mentally so he's more like 8 which gives me some time to get a good head on his head before he is tempted. My daughter is opposite. She's already 16,?lol. She just turned 10. Her whole life has been plane rides. I can't tell you between getting her for summer and me going to visit the plane rides. I know Denver very well. I realized today how close it is to go time. Then no more planes except next March to go see my sisters. Ityl just be a short drive to get her. Sorry I'm rambling but I woke u very depressed and started some planning now I'm very happy. I get to be an active father and she's so excited she cried when she found out I'm coming after class. Funny how moods can change like the flip of a coin. Everybody have a good day

Right.. I have read many times how people are bored now that they are not in active addiction. In reality active addiction is the most boring thing around.

I really needed to hear that. Thanks NSA!! :)

We had a meeting today in order to come up with ideas on how to work better together, build a teamwork at my job so we discuss how to improve our own environment. Great ideas were discussed and follow up meetings were scheduled successfully. I thought nobody would attend but almost everyone participated.

Had a great workout today. I sat by the back bay and watched these birds dive bombing for fish. It was so cool. I never saw them back there so I did some research and the bird is called a 'least tern'. They hover about 10-15 feet above the water and then dive like a kamikaze. Gonna bring binoculars tomorrow. I know...I'm a huge nerd...☺

I was driving back home and I left at dusk so couple errands and Rd dark. Driving north home and there's a patch of blood red sky and I swear I saw a bird fly across that shit. I went to 10-2 and turned the fitting music down and was freaked out. Wtf did I see? Was it my moms Cardinal? Bird of death? Naw, too dramatic. I prob saw the idiot bird who got lost from the flock. Really, this shit happened!!

Not such a productive day - yet enjoyable, somewhat.

There is no, specific, conforming, way to be - exercise is good but you don't have to run miles to prove your worth (everyone has there own way of getting their stuff out).

Today, I walked with a mate; talked; drank too much coffee, read; watched docs with my sweet, mate (enjoyed engaging with a respected friend); drove (vented some road-rage in the car; along, to sweet tunes (enjoying the expressions of screaming, profanities etc (probably exacerbated by the caffeine, which helped!... along by the stupidity of pedestrians on phones ;) ))- napped; ate some delicious sea-food; woke-up;read and listened to music.
:)
Simple stuff; realized. Living. <3

Last edited:
Had a great workout today. I sat by the back bay and watched these birds dive bombing for fish. It was so cool. I never saw them back there so I did some research and the bird is called a 'least tern'. They hover about 10-15 feet above the water and then dive like a kamikaze. Gonna bring binoculars tomorrow. I know...I'm a huge nerd...☺

Awesome. :)
I saw three starlings, the other day; in unison; feasting on the spoils of spilt ice-cream, cones - never knew they liked ice-cream?!
Sugar is addictive to all of us, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.