• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Sexless partnerships

Wow,I've been on the same kick myself. WTF is wrong with people? You start feeling like the outsider for being a decent human being. Also understand your relationship issues. My boyfriend has lost all interest in sex due to Methadone maintenance and probably depression. I've tried my best to be understanding,and to communicate my feelings,but he makes no effort to fix the problem. And like you,i feel I've invested so much that its next to impossible to move on. We have been together 8 years. The only thing you can do is to express to him how you feel and hope he's willing to work on it. I understand he has some issues,same as my bf, but you feelings are just as important. I'm at the point for an ultimatum, that's where you will eventually wind up if he doesn't make the effort to work on it. It will destroy you in the process too. I sincerely wish you all the luck,love and happiness in the world,you're partner should realize how lucky he is. :) Good Luck

It ended. On Christmas he ditched me, did a bunch of MDMA with his ex and they had a lot of sex and intimacy together that I was denied. His ex will never love him but he "had to do it" and claims the experience was healing.

Anyway, I ended the relationship. Well, correction, I ended it because he didn't have the guts to. Been fucked up about it ever since even though I know I treated him well. He has such low self esteem and self loathing that commitment scared him away. He claimed in the end that I felt more like a friend and a brother to him, but it's just a cop out. Once the infatuation phase ended he was not able to carry a commitment forward, and conveniently abandoned all our agreements.

He can't face an authentic way of living so he was not able to avail himself of the golden opportunity he had to transform himself in the presence of a loving, caring, high values healer. My mistake was giving too much and thinking that martyrdom would save the relationship.

People like him need relationships to be shorter and intense because they can ride the high of the initial lust and then get out before the need to get real sinks in. He's an addict so that's his modus operandi. Unfortunately he skillfully displayed all the traits of exactly what I wanted in a partner which made me switch into long term partner mode and by the time things were breaking down on his end, all my defenses were down and I was completely vulnerable. He told me to my face on more than one occasion that I was the man of his dreams, that he had prayed for a high integrity healer to enter his life, someone loving and genuine. I opened myself up to him, and in the end he couldn't walk through the door that he himself opened. He's a user, and he went as far as he could until his old patterns surfaced. I blame myself for working so hard to raise him up, only to end up lowering myself. I am worth so much more than what happened in the end -- the level of dishonor was nothing short of epic. Last time we spoke he claimed he still loved me, and that may be true, but he has too many issues thst prevent him from living from a loving place within himself. And I fell for something that I thought was quite the opposite.

That he would run back to his ex who showed him nothing but unrequited love for the 5 years they were together is nothing short of borderline and the sign of a disturbed person. Not to mention, shortly after our breakup he was ready to become friends again right away, requesting all the material benefits we both shared as partners, assuming he could get more out of me as a friend... yet not really acknowledging my extreme level of grief and sorrow. So while he was busy cheating on me and betrayibg me in the worst way and at the worst possible time, I was learning sexual healing techniques from a therapist to try and help him. What an idiot I am, I did way too much.

I know this shit is mostly his fault and I know where I went horribly wrong, but when that relationship ended a piece of me died. It has triggered major anxiety and depression, and a flare up of crohns and colitis. I'm in the hospital on dilaudid and my entire life is in ruins -- all because I entrusted my heart, my future, my hopes and dreams to someone who was conning himself and me as a result.

Last edited:
it sounds similar to the story ~SS~ shared about his ex

both relationships between 2 people who are on different wavelengths

this is the post he made in response to this thread

Healed is the wrong word my friend. No one gets healed by another person, not in the sense you mean anyway. Replacing one partner with another may give you some new positive experiences but it doesn't heal the inner pain.. not unless they actually work on it together.

I healed my ex-gf from her rape experience and other deep issues over 2 years. Unfortunately once she realized she could stand without me she cheated on me and that was that. That really fucking hurt, after everything I did for her. I would have been sad if she left by ending it but it was far worse by cheating.. I never cried like that before like I did that day. I said things that I look back on now and fucking cringe.. despite what she did I didn't want to let go at the time. Having someone there to be with emotionally is great, no one wants to lose that.

Months on and the emotion has cooled off. I look back and just see my own issues after she confessed. It helped me realize a few things about myself. And it made me realize that she made a terrible fucking decision and she knows it. What I did for her not many people would. And that's her loss, not mine. I didn't have enough self respect at that time. But I know what I'm capable of giving to a person, the question is finding the right person deserving of that love. You need to do the same.

The anger is probably a sign of fear of abandonment, fear of being alone. Don't allow the opposite sex to define your existence here. That's Disney movie type thinking, that there's only one person for you.

No need to be jealous anyway.. no relationship ever lasts. None. The positive experiences you share with a person do endure though. And you'll have more in your life if you pull yourself together and start moving forwards. Not to be blunt but you need to turn that anger in a positive direction for YOU and stop being a little bitch about it. Hurts right? Get angry with me? Good! Now start lifting yourself up, one step at a time. You'd be surprised how far you can fall and turn your life around to something great.. and you haven't fallen at all relatively speaking. Chin up mate.

reading -SS- posts has a nice calming effect on me

Last edited:
Foreigner - that sucks. It makes me wonder if there was any mutual attraction in the first place. As you said, your bf was a user which in my mind is a prostitute in denial. I think you're better off now that you're rid of him, and he is no longer wasting your time - time that could be spent with a better partner. So, how is the dating scene where you live? Maybe it will help to have a fling or two and get this out of your system.

It ended. On Christmas he ditched me, did a bunch of MDMA with his ex and they had a lot of sex and intimacy together that I was denied. His ex will never love him but he "had to do it" and claims the experience was healing.

Anyway, I ended the relationship. Well, correction, I ended it because he didn't have the guts to. Been fucked up about it ever since even though I know I treated him well. He has such low self esteem and self loathing that commitment scared him away. He claimed in the end that I felt more like a friend and a brother to him, but it's just a cop out. Once the infatuation phase ended he was not able to carry a commitment forward, and conveniently abandoned all our agreements.

He can't face an authentic way of living so he was not able to avail himself of the golden opportunity he had to transform himself in the presence of a loving, caring, high values healer. My mistake was giving too much and thinking that martyrdom would save the relationship.

People like him need relationships to be shorter and intense because they can ride the high of the initial lust and then get out before the need to get real sinks in. He's an addict so that's his modus operandi. Unfortunately he skillfully displayed all the traits of exactly what I wanted in a partner which made me switch into long term partner mode and by the time things were breaking down on his end, all my defenses were down and I was completely vulnerable. He told me to my face on more than one occasion that I was the man of his dreams, that he had prayed for a high integrity healer to enter his life, someone loving and genuine. I opened myself up to him, and in the end he couldn't walk through the door that he himself opened. He's a user, and he went as far as he could until his old patterns surfaced. I blame myself for working so hard to raise him up, only to end up lowering myself. I am worth so much more than what happened in the end -- the level of dishonor was nothing short of epic. Last time we spoke he claimed he still loved me, and that may be true, but he has too many issues thst prevent him from living from a loving place within himself. And I fell for something that I thought was quite the opposite.

That he would run back to his ex who showed him nothing but unrequited love for the 5 years they were together is nothing short of borderline and the sign of a disturbed person. Not to mention, shortly after our breakup he was ready to become friends again right away, requesting all the material benefits we both shared as partners, assuming he could get more out of me as a friend... yet not really acknowledging my extreme level of grief and sorrow. So while he was busy cheating on me and betrayibg me in the worst way and at the worst possible time, I was learning sexual healing techniques from a therapist to try and help him. What an idiot I am, I did way too much.

I know this shit is mostly his fault and I know where I went horribly wrong, but when that relationship ended a piece of me died. It has triggered major anxiety and depression, and a flare up of crohns and colitis. I'm in the hospital on dilaudid and my entire life is in ruins -- all because I entrusted my heart, my future, my hopes and dreams to someone who was conning himself and me as a result.

you're better off without him.

hes manipulative, goes out of his way to hurt you and has no respect for you.

he was abused but really how he treated you was abusive. your physical illnesses may have been triggered by stress but realistically you cannot solely blame them on him.

move on and focus on yourself. did he use you financially? were you giving him a roof over his head?

everyone can heal after a bad break up, what really messed you up was his constant rejection which dragged you down and made you feel unlovable. but you're not unloveable, you're just currently ill and you've had a childish user mess your self esteem up.

things will get better but you need to think positive and cut him out of your life

Sex/intimacy is a huge part of a relationship...don't care how much love, respect, etc you have for this person...

Resentment and anger are creeping in...pretty soon this will more than likely be over, sorry. Save yourself the trouble of the manipulation/loneliness, get out before you need therapy from the games, the way you'll become insecure, etc.

Srry you're having such a hard time. While it's normal to love and feel sympathy for someone, they can either chose to be a VICTIM, or VICTOR in life. And some people can lie, to use sexual abuse stories as manipulation to get their way in a relationship.

Hugs

I feel for ya. I was married for 15 and can count one one hand how many times we had sex

They happen.

I know people who are in them who aren't that old, and some people who are old and no longer have sex with someone who they're married to but they still love them.

I was sort of in one before with one of my ex's. They were badly depressed at times and if I was lucky we had sex a 1-3 times a year; but we had an open relationship since he didn't care if I had sex with other people since often times he wasn't in the mood.

They happen.

I know people who are in them who aren't that old, and some people who are old and no longer have sex with someone who they're married to but they still love them.

I was sort of in one before with one of my ex's. They were badly depressed at times and if I was lucky we had sex a 1-3 times a year; but we had an open relationship since he didn't care if I had sex with other people since often times he wasn't in the mood.
Was there a big difference in attractiveness to the point where it was physically impossible?

Hey forgeiner, just want to send some positive vibes your way. I wrote a huge response to your original post before I had a chance to read through all the comments. I'll still post it below incase anyone else is going through a similar situation and comes to this thread for advice.

I'm sorry about what happened to you..it was absolutely unfair..but that's life for ya, eh? You seem like a really caring, loving and patient person. These are all qualities a deserving partner will one day be lucky to have found in you. Dont let that dbag bring you down in any way! Use this time to self reflect and get a little selfish. Put yourself first and institute changes that will put you back on the track you want to be on. Turn this negative energy into a positive learning experience. From what I have read you're intelligent and you're very strong so I know this is possible.

You said something along the lines of feeling stupid and blaming yourself but you should feel just the opposite. You went above and beyond to make this realtionship work-so be proud! Feel good that you were able to tear down your own walls and let love flow through. Many people have a hard time being able to do this. While it didn't end the way you wanted it to if you continue to be able to be vulnerable and wear your heart on your sleeve then there is no doubt one day you will find your true love and your happily ever after. It's scary and it's hard and it can hurt like hell but it is the only way to be fufilled/satisfied in your future realtionships. You'll be able to have no regrets because you always did everything you could.

Thanks for keeping us updated btw! Take care and good luck <3

Was there a big difference in attractiveness to the point where it was physically impossible?

In the first example I was thinking of people who are married, and very old in their 90s who no longer have sex but love each other.

But I also know people who are a lot younger than that and they are in a sexless marriage/partnership. They told me how it didn't start out that way but it became that way over time.

I know this gay guy I dated when I was younger who is basically a kept man by a man who was his partner, and he stopped having sex with him because he gained weight and has a small penis (this guy is a serious size queen), and he does cheat on him with other men since he wanted to do that with me but I said hell no, his partner has a low sex drive while he has a high one, and he likes the fact that his partner makes lots of money with his job, and then he went and married the guy but they haven't had sex in years, and sleep in separate rooms, and don't even attempt to have sex at all.

In the case of my ex I was highly attracted to him; but he would get badly depressed and not want sex at all, or even really want to leave his house unless it was to go to work, go to a gym, or get food from a store, and would stay home alone and wallow in his depression for months at a time. I think this happened when he would go off his medications, or the medication he was on stopped working and he would go on another one and have to wait for it to work, and then once it did he'd be normal again and want sex with me.

Last edited:
Just reading through this thread.

Foreigner, you sound like a pretty amazing person. I mean really, you will make someone; worthy of you, lucky, someday.

I think, and it really, sounds that (like someone mentioned in another post earlier) it has more to do with fear of emotional intimacy.
Some people use sex to disconnect emotionally and having to engage in sex with someone who concientiously, cares about you and is strong in that sentiment, can be really intimidating to someone who wants to disengage themselves or split themselves into a 'stronger/weaker' role; while having sex...in essence, the kind of raw, spiritual sexual encounter makes us connect the more fragile parts of our psyche ( in conjunction with the body).

In a way, perhaps you dodged a bullet there - the relationship potentially, may have became drastically, messier -
He may have ended resenting you because of your confidence in who you are; had you stayed together...who knows...?!

Sounds like he couldn't match you, on that level of mind...good sex is primarily based on that connection so, without that, it is pretty vapid; which is a comfort-zone for some and some like maintaining that sense of physical control ( even if submissive).
Some want to keep that emotional distance because it's just too raw for them to go to that level. Maybe it reminded him of his innocence/trust that was broken against his will...

Physically, many feel comfortable acting out anything intense but emotionally, they feel too vulnerable.

Only he really can deal with his issues anyway, realistically.

Anyway, you seem to have a really good insight and sound judgement on the situation.

Horses for courses, I guess

More importantly, hope your anxiety heals and wish you the best of luck in getting what you truly deserve. Look after yourself ♡

I dated my first girlfriend for 4 years and we never had sex once (I was 15 when we started dating). We were "saving ourselves for marriage" (her idea, but I went along with it). After we broke up she was pregnant within a month and has been married ever since. She has told me many times since then that she believes we should have been each other 'firsts'. That always gives me a chuckle - "yeah, that's what I was thinking the whole time".

@Foreigner: Don't let someone like that get you down. Yeah, it sucks big time. You were dis-respected on so many levels. There are men out there who WANT to be in love and be loved.

Being in a healthy loving relationship shouldn't REQUIRE so much drama and work. As I was reading your post, I was going to recommend leaving... because of his desires to be treated like shit (Which has nothing to do BDSM. There are lots of people into kinky life styles WHO are not or has not been abused or rape).

I've meet many homosexuals who want a relationship. I was talking to a young man a few weeks ago, he noticed that most men seem to want to hit-it and quit-it... which many men do to women, as well. I told him, someone who wants more - will want to date and be sensual. I did a lot of casual sex, I told them that much. A few women wanted more, and I told them honestly, "no".... not ready for it. I've had my heart broken a few times myself.

I did take a chance to open my heart, as I was in need of actual love... I remember when I broke down that wall (defense) and gave it to her. There has been challenges, like in any relationship. But making love together is an important aspect of our relationship. Even if we don't have the time or energy, we'll at least hold, massage or cuddle - nude usually.

Sorry you got hurt, it happens to many of us - don't be a victim to someone who took advantage of you. Don't be something you are not. The feelings and interactions must flow both ways for you next time, okay.