• Yes, but rarely

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Am I the only one who sometimes gets very irritable on weed (smoked or edibles)? Generally what happens is that at higher amounts I'll become rather sensitive to insult, where I'll find things insulting that I wouldn't normally. Or I'll become more reactive.

This is worsened with alcohol, but far, far worse is the combination of benzos and weed.

It's interesting, cannabis has a dissociative like effect that can both decrease and increase sense of ego. I have experienced full blown ego dissolution with marijuana, where i feel horrible about myself and eventually, plain doomed as an organism. However later in the same trip I can experience a heightened sense of ego. I believe this and the irritability are somewhat linked, or rather they have a similar origin.

The irritability is sort of volatile in that im fine until something upsets me. But my tolerance for things that upset me drops to an irrationally low level, and my reactivity sky rockets.

Am i alone in this regard?

No you are not.
I said something about this in a thread and it was laughed at... weed can cause rage. It has for me. Something akin to benzo rage but to a lesser level of intensity.

Yeah it is somewhat like benzo rage. Thats why benzos and weed is double the trouble. I get so offended by the most benign things.

This is basically me on benzos and weed:

Happens to me - usually after smoking for about 2 weeks everyday....and then i have to take a break or only smoke towards the evening or end of the night

and im usually fine until something sets me off also

you are definitely not alone

I mostly wanna be left alone in the quiet darkness (metaphorically) left alone with my own fleeting thoughts and some one happens to interrupt when I am on the verge of breaking through an illusion or whatever and thats fuckin it!
lol

i get pissed off over washing too many dishes - it's usually something stupid and now that im older and ive taken really long breaks from weed, that i really notice it now and i know what it is, where i didn't know what it was before - like in my 20s and 30s

Yeah it is somewhat like benzo rage. Thats why benzos and weed is double the trouble. I get so offended by the most benign things.

This is basically me on benzos and weed:

It's a perfect analogy in a general sense.

Because that girl is full on posessed IMO.

She embodies and portrays demonic posession.

I see no shade of a bad caharacter in you. But drugs can open us up to temporary "residence", outside of ourselves.

Greta needs locking up however. For everybody's good. Very dangerous (woman who does not age, personally I wouldn't be surpised if she was a hologram. She's like the A.I. girl who operates the "Umbrella Corporation".

after around 15mgs THC in less than 2 hours I get writhey, restless, squirmy. over 3 hrs the same amount is fine, smooth and tranquil.

it must be an irritant at higher concentrations. I use the restlessness as a reminder to let go and keep on letting go, but socially I might be too busy for that, and socially is probably the only time I push my limit.

(have not shared a joint since before covid.)

See even though I have vatiable and extreme anxiety disorder, I handle THC very well.

Like I am sure I used over 4 grams days and days ago last acid trip, lots of edibles and vaporizer and 2700 mics too, I'm still spectacularly high from it now.

The weed is good too, surely say 15% THC -20 most if that, more likely 18 or 19 the strongest plants weather permits.

So assuming for argument it's all imparted into the coconut oil, and suffiently absorbed as vapor, that's a lot of THC and a lot of Acid.

But the cannabis was really okay itself. Edibles in particular though make for a hell of a trip.

but ive also been irritated and then took a rip and then i wasn't irritated anymore

i just think the chronic use, for me, can cause problems sometimes....so when i notice it, like i said, i just take a break and it resets everything....

i smoked for like 20+ years without missing a day...and then i took like a 6 month break and i could barely smoke again without feeling uncomfortably high...that i dont like....but ive also learned how to get back in more smoothly by just smoking a weaker strain when coming back to smoke again

i also think i get way less negative feeling by vaping flower rather than combusting

but yea my favorite time to smoke is in the morning so this kinda happens over and over for me....

but ive also been irritated and then took a rip and then i wasn't irritated anymore

i just think the chronic use, for me, can cause problems sometimes....so when i notice it, like i said, i just take a break and it resets everything....

i smoked for like 20+ years without missing a day...and then i took like a 6 month break and i could barely smoke again without feeling uncomfortably high...that i dont like....but ive also learned how to get back in more smoothly by just smoking a weaker strain when coming back to smoke again

i also think i get way less negative feeling by vaping flower rather than combusting

but yea my favorite time to smoke is in the morning so this kinda happens over and over for me....
There's worse habits always! And you seem to have turned out alright.

There's worse habits always! And you seem to have turned out alright.

lol well thanks!

ya know that's kinda why i dont do a lot of drugs - i dislike the negative side of it more than the positive or rewarding end of it

so it's a back and forth thing with weed to keep it balanced....and then the only other drug is LSD - i don't ever get too many negative side-effects from it and i especially feel really good for a solid week after tripping on acid

and then the occasional benzo i like too - i always feel good after that too - but that's something i never did on a daily basis either so i never really got the negative effects from it other than forgetting things

lol well thanks!

ya know that's kinda why i dont do a lot of drugs - i dislike the negative side of it more than the positive or rewarding end of it

so it's a back and forth thing with weed to keep it balanced....and then the only other drug is LSD - i don't ever get too many negative side-effects from it and i especially feel really good for a solid week after tripping on acid

and then the occasional benzo i like too - i always feel good after that too - but that's something i never did on a daily basis either so i never really got the negative effects from it other than forgetting things
You very rightly value personality.

The same reason I hated watching how heroin and crack would make me feel as a person.

Coke to a much lesser extent. It just mutes the persona and brings on AutoCoker lol.

In a parallel universe perhaps.

Somehow I manage to hold onto my core personality despite being on on paper an insane amount of psychoactives permanently.

Definitely not alone. I also trip out hard on weed when I just smoke it occasionally.

The rage mostly happened to me when I was smoking daily and someone in my surroundings wouldn't stop talking to me when I wanted to be stoned in silence. I would just wait until they said something I disagreed with. Then I'd go Greta on them. I must've been lovely company.

Like right now, I haven't smoked in a while and I'm stoned and I can't imagine anything would make me mad. It's too much effort.

i dislike the negative side of it
Its the main reason why I dont partake of any/all nowadays. To abuse drugs will always leave us in the negative... just my take, anyway. If I like something i kinda like it. hard to control likes ha
Seems getting old sux and has it's advantages anotha fuckin paradox.
I must've been lovely company.
Me too. Me too.
The loner.
bunch of freakin static.