• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Severe histamine reaction to heroin

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/thumbs/14-44/465531714-thumb_IMAG3133.jpg[/image]
Sorry it's not too pretty lol. This happens every once & a while. I'm assuming it's a histamine reaction. I think this normally happens when i havent shot up for a few days but its usually not this bad. This isnt a missed shot it went right in the vein no problem. Is this from codeine impurities, bad dope, or am I just allergic to it?

By the way it's completely gone now. It lasted for about 15min. It's just scary at first because it's very painful & itchy.

Last edited:
If it is histamine, you should probably take antihistamines before dosing.

If it doesn't normally happen you're probably allergic to something it's cut with.

By the looks of it I'd say 100mg diphenhydramine. Plus it'll help your high.

Thanks thats what I was thinking, I should take an anti-histamine before. I did some again this morning (didn't have any A.H. at the house) & I didn't have a reaction. It usually seems to happen when I pick it up again after a period of abstinence.

Yah morphine is notorious for having bad histaminergic effects. Take some benedryl like someone said above me before you do your dope.

Also you have to think about the needle itself also having some heroin on it after you draw up the heroin solution.

Is it black tar your doing? Seems black tar is most notorious for this issue but strong powdered dope can do it too. It can be from really strong dope or from an impurity your dope is cut with.

Those are hives I get them a lot too its not much of a worry just a nuisance really. Try benadryl it should help immensely if not helping enough try some creams like zinc oxide or calamine lotion.

^That was from white east coast powder heroin. I don't even think creams would be worth it since it goes away completly in like 15min. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with my dope or if that reaction is dangerous or something.

yes thats defintly a allergic reaction bc others are stating when swim uses and right after injection gets really inchy and burning and preety painfull for onset for like 5min-20 sumtimes and it gets all welted like a bee sting is def a histime reaction to what the heroin is cut with !! beacuse every shot swim did this happened exactly every time after as well and some are saying ohh.. its def you missing the shot but there fuckin so stupid that when u mis a shot u def no right as you push it burns i mean swim was in a vein everytime and it didnt happene till 30 seconds after not right as he pushed so its defintly 100% a allergic raction and yes an atihistim specially like benadryl will help that from happening and also boost ur high a bit