• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Severe Constipation after LSD? Anyone else?

Powerup

Bluelighter
Ok so -- my fiance and I have been dosing fairly frequently (~1 a month since June), generally a completely wonderful and teaching experience. About a week ago we split a strip of the simpsons family print that's going around (great blotter). It was a really special trip, def. a ++++ for both of us which was unexpected. However since the comedown/end of the trip my fiance's been experiencing pretty severe constipation -- some blood when attempting to shit (minimal though) and she hasnt been able to get out more than a few bits and pieces. She went to the doctor today and they told her to take a mild laxative and wait a week to see if things clear up. She's used one tablet so far with some improvement. Nothing seems to be seriously wrong but I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with lasting digestive effects after a higher (or low) dose. I've never heard of it or experienced it personally but I know I've felt a little fucked up down there for a few days afterward in the past. Thanks in advance, love and light.

Never heard of LSD causing any digestive issues, other than a bit of acid reflux during the trip, which I don't think is technically a digestive issue in any case.

I highly doubt the acid had anything to do with the problem. Just a coincidence, that's all.

I get that sort of thing occasionally (I have either ulcerative colitis or IBS though according to the doc, don't have money for tests to see which), and I haven't been able to pin it down to any drug (sometimes it will seem like a psych or dissociative is causing constipation, but then the next time I do it the opposite will happen leading me to believe there is no relation). Just follow the doc's advice, and if this issue reoccurs after subsequent trips, plan accordingly (eat more fiber, take stool softeners, etc.).

Was there any change of diet or excercise habits or hydration around the time of the trip? That sort of thing can contribute to these issues.

keep pushing, when it does finally let go it will be the tripping peak release experience of your lifetime.

the worse the lsd is the more vasoconstriction there is supposed to be I think. And the ergot vasoconstriction is mainly in the gut, or atleast starts that way I think. When I trip on lsd I like to move around a lot so it's no problem.

the worse the lsd is the more vasoconstriction there is supposed to be I think. And the ergot vasoconstriction is mainly in the gut, or atleast starts that way I think. When I trip on lsd I like to move around a lot so it's no problem.

Can you explain this and reference sources?

There is no such thing as "better" or "worse" LSD, just weak LSD, strong LSD and no LSD.

This does not sound correct. Maybe if you re word it a lot...

Honestly I dont think the LSD has anything to do with it, I would be suspect to a possible Unknown change in diet, LSD is pretty crazy and sometimes we do not notice the change in our eating habits before during and after. Sometimes when your tripping you eat more or less and afterwards your view of certain foods may be skewed, and she may have had just a slight change in diet she didn't notice.

Exercise, Water, Vitamins, Minerals, Nutrients!

I have experienced some constipation after taking lsd several times but I am not convinced that this is caused by the drug - probably just a coincidence. If she has blood in her stool, that is a bit more serious, certainly not something associated with lsd. Hopefully the laxative will help.

I was constipated all of the time due to a medication I was taking and nothing helped. I tried drinking lots of water, over the counter drugs, even consulting a doctor. I know this is an embarrassing subject, but left unchecked it can do massive damage to your digestive system.It got so bad that one night I had a terrible stomach ache and felt like I needed to go. What happened next caused me to seek help online. Since the waste couldn’t come out where it was supposed to, it found another route. I think you get the picture.Later on, I found out how extremely dangerous this incident was and that I could have even died from it if an infection had resulted.I just want to say that the only thing that helped was this guide Constipation cure

Last edited:
This has been a gauranteed occurance for me, any time I trip on any psychedelic. Smoking weed on it is guaranteed to worsen it, and it always lasts for at least a day or two afterwards. It's not your diet. I eat nothing but whole grains, fruits and vegetables, specifically for constipation and it doesn't make a difference. It's like my intestines are squeezed shut, and they struggle to force it out of me, bit by bit, in small unusually dark balls. I should also add that my body sometimes reacts VERY badly to cannabis when tripping and sometimes just when my tolerance is low. It hasn't been entirely consistent(at least over the course of when it started to now) in *what* it does, but this past year, I've only had about 2 trips that didn't cause issues. The problems ranged from painful joint locking in my hands, wrists, arms(unable to open a box of cereal, and one time my arm was locked behind my head) and a few times in my knees, to swollen prostate leading to urine retention, and even extreme hair shed(Happened at least 4 different times, twice in one trip, both times just 2 to 3 minutes after finishing a bowl.) However, the thing that's always present are the intestinal issues you just described. I suspect I have some kind of autoimmune disorder, but doctor's haven't been able to find much.(It's easy to right me off as a hypochondriac, but these effects are too repeatable and physical.) The really bad effects seem to be entirely a reaction to smoking cannabis, for me. Although, I had about a 2 month period where it gave me no issues, I had a trip this last weekend which resulted in the acute urinary retention I mentioned, and caused the two large hair sheds in a row. I waited two days for the LSD to leave my system to smoke one last bowl of weed, and now(exactly one week after the trip, and 5 days after my last bowl) I still can't empty my bladder completely, and my large intestines feel like they're crammed full of rocks(still take a shit every day, with no problem). I know this question is about LSD, but I've been dealing with this and other unexplainable adverse reactions to things that should be physically safe for most people. I've only found a few posts online from people describing similar reactions, but no one with all them. I just wanted to put this out here, because I know these places are full of biased people who assume that because it causes most people no issues that those of us who do are either delusional or liars. I don't want people to think that I'm labeling either of these drugs as the cause, because my health just took a massive dip this last year out of nowhere. But, I want to emphasize that no one has the same genetic makeup, and the human body is an intricate system with plenty of opportunities to malfunction.

P.S.

I also wanted to add that I had tripped on high doses while smoking weed for a good year and a half with no issues before this. It started one day while I was tripping, directly after eating an apple. It felt like a sharp rock digging through my liver. I had my gallbladder removed, because it seemed at the time that that was the issue. Ever since then it's guaranteed to happen. Not eating anything before the trip helped with the severity of it, but it doesn't prevent it.

I wish I would get constipated after lsd and other lysergamides.....the exact opposite happens to meth morning after