• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Severe backpain: strongest meds?

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hi guys, I had some medical complications some weeks ago and I currently have severe backpain. Aside from the recreational and relax factor of Tramadol/SOMA/Lorazepam combo, I was wondering how should I take the drugs (intervals, food/without food, etc.) and what to do while the drugs kicks in (watch a movie, play some kind of video game, just read, etc.)

I was prescribed lots of Lorazepam, so I'm currently planning to do: 500mg Tramadol, 40mg Lorazepam, 950mg Carisoprodol.

Thanks in advance.

First off, 40mg of Lorazepam is too high of a dose, especially mixed with an Opioid. Do you already have an extremely high tolerance for Benzodiazepines or are you just set on taking that amount regardless. Answer back and we shall go from there.

Do not take 500mg of Tramadol and I mean ever.

Is the pain from nerve, tissue damage ?

I would honestly suggest a professional massage before any drug - drugs simply mask the pain and you can cause more damage.

I

First off, 40mg of Lorazepam is too high of a dose, especially mixed with an Opioid. Do you already have an extremely high tolerance for Benzodiazepines or are you just set on taking that amount regardless. Answer back and we shall go from there.

Yes, I have a strong tolerance to Benzos, and because Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold, I want to be as safe as possible.

That combo is not safe, regardless of benzos possible protecting from seizures induced by tramadol. You seem to have taken it without issues thus far, but that does not mean you will not have them. What happens if you lose access to lorazepam but still need 500mg of tramadol a day?

That is not a safe plan and not the kind of high one would want. As stated already you risk seizures from the tramadol (not to mention the other unpleasant side effects you will most likely encounter at such a high dose-tramadol is an atypical opioid and has a very different kind of high and different action). That much lorazepam is a waste and IMO will not relax you any more than a significantly lower dose of it. Also if you are not accustomed to that dose of soma it is very close to the point where your high will be accompanied by lack of coordination and shaking. What doses do you take regularly and what else have you tried to manage the back pain?

That combo is dangerous......1mg Ativan had me wrecked mixed with hydrocodone.

Mixing Soma on top of 40mgs Ativan has me nervous, & then you're throwing in 500mgs Tramadol.

Be very careful......

I decided to cut on the Tramadol entirely, lower the dosage of the Lorazepam by half, and take 1g+ of SOMA, would that be ok? please guys remember, until I can go to a doctor, I have to take care of this sever backpain by myself

Hey man this is ridiculous. I can shoot a half gram of dope and take 20 Xanax bars so I feel where you are coming from. But it's stupid. You're not trying to treat backpain. You're trying to get high as fuck!! I'm sure you'll be fine with whatever u decide to take based on your experience however u still need to be careful with the tramadol. That much won't cure any more pain than say 250mg. I do understand the need to doae heavy when uncomfortable but I think you're being wasteful and seeking a high that will be shitty if u can really take 40mg of ativan and not pass out u wont get much of a high from the other substances based on tolerence either. I'd recommend going to the ER.

Bad combo in my opinion and all shitty drugs imo.

Have you considered talking to your doctor?

If its that bad, maybe go wait 8 hours at the ER, if you tell them you broke something it might only be 4 hours.

Why dont you try taking tramadol like 3 times a day at 50mg, Soma the same at 350mg. I dont want to say to cut the Ativan so low without tapering. But therapeutic dosed, scheduled frequency on the other two should help some.

Ativan sucks cuz it last like an hour so if you are benzo dependent it is a terrible option.

I was in the hospital for some dumb shit and the doctor ordered I be taken of klonpin and put on ativan overnight and well it got so bad they were giving it to me like every half an hour and I didn't ask for it.

I guess they can see seizures on the cameras.

Well, based on what you guys said, I will talk with my doctor tomorrow about a new "recipe".
I'm planning to ask for 2 SOMAS per day(350mg each), one Naproxen(500mg) in between, and lower both my Lorazepam and Tramadol intake to a minimum.
Do you guys think that would be enough to manage my uber-lowbackpain and also control seizures?

Thanks in advance again.

40mg Lorazepam? Are you serious right now? That's extremely high and ridiculous. Ativan is usually prescribed at most 8mg a day. You're setting yourself up for a serious benzo habit and crazy withdrawal at that dose.

40mg Lorazepam? Are you serious right now? That's extremely high and ridiculous. Ativan is usually prescribed at most 8mg a day. You're setting yourself up for a serious benzo habit and crazy withdrawal at that dose.

I think you haven't read my second post in which I said among other things "I'm planning to ask for 2 SOMAS per day(350mg each), one Naproxen(500mg) in between, and lower both my Lorazepam and Tramadol intake to a minimum. "

Well, back to the thread, I feel like my low backpain (LBP) is getting weaker, that could be of course because of all the drugs I'm taking, but it's just a feel; for example, the other day I was out of SOMA and could manage with 1g of Naproxen (a huge dose I know).

After talking with 4 doctors (for different problems) I am taking almost every day:
-400mg Ibuprofen because here is Winter
-650mg APAP for migraines (problem arised after seizure)
-1g Naproxen divided in 2 doses for LBP (problem arised after seizure)
-700mg SOMA (Carisoprodol), which is being harder to get, for LBP (problem arised after seizure)
-10mg Lorazepam per day (5mg in the morning, 5mg in the night)
-0,50mg Risperidone to sleep well

Any advice or opinions will be very appreciated guys.

Have you thought about something like gabapentin (neurontin) or lyrica (pregablin) to replace a few of those meds.

I have had an rx for one than the other and stuck with lyrica. Quite a few doctors feel like it is a replacement for benzos which I don't agree with entirely as benzo needs I feel are case by case situations.

That being said since you are lowering your benzo intake, seem to have knarly pain, had a seizure, and are taking something to sleep it might be worth asking your doctor about if it could help. I am saying this because it helped me a great deal with nerve pain and I noticed my anxiety go down a great deal. Lyrica is schedule 5 now so you could get dependent.

I try to stretch and keep my range of motion to keep injuries from getting worse when it is something permanent that is just gonna always be fucked.

I also use ice packs sometimes and I have a rx for this compound that has tons of medicines in it for inflamtion and to numb it up. Its got gaba drugs, licodcaine, ketamine, and stuff like naxproxen in it. My insurance won't cover it for some reason but it is made at a pharmacy and well its a good option for when pain is really bad but I wish I could afford to use it all the time.

So if you are living with a serious injury you should try the best for what you can do for it and ask your doctor about stuff they might not rx that often mainly because it is non-narcotic, not pushed by pharm companies, or they do not know about so doing some research and talking to your doctor helps.

You want to do this BEFORE developing a serious opiate dependency which seems to happen to so many people, myself included. I take an exponential fraction of pain medicine literally if I was to put my rx in the morphine conversion table so medication is an answer but not the only one.

For back pain u could ask u doctor for toradol which can't get u high but is very strong and good for back pain b
U can't get high off them tho but if your in actually pain if you where to ask your doctor for it it wouldn't be a problem most likely

Have you thought about something like gabapentin (neurontin) or lyrica (pregablin) to replace a few of those meds.

I have had an rx for one than the other and stuck with lyrica. Quite a few doctors feel like it is a replacement for benzos which I don't agree with entirely as benzo needs I feel are case by case situations.

That being said since you are lowering your benzo intake, seem to have knarly pain, had a seizure, and are taking something to sleep it might be worth asking your doctor about if it could help. I am saying this because it helped me a great deal with nerve pain and I noticed my anxiety go down a great deal. Lyrica is schedule 5 now so you could get dependent.

I try to stretch and keep my range of motion to keep injuries from getting worse when it is something permanent that is just gonna always be fucked.

I also use ice packs sometimes and I have a rx for this compound that has tons of medicines in it for inflamtion and to numb it up. Its got gaba drugs, licodcaine, ketamine, and stuff like naxproxen in it. My insurance won't cover it for some reason but it is made at a pharmacy and well its a good option for when pain is really bad but I wish I could afford to use it all the time.

So if you are living with a serious injury you should try the best for what you can do for it and ask your doctor about stuff they might not rx that often mainly because it is non-narcotic, not pushed by pharm companies, or they do not know about so doing some research and talking to your doctor helps.

You want to do this BEFORE developing a serious opiate dependency which seems to happen to so many people, myself included. I take an exponential fraction of pain medicine literally if I was to put my rx in the morphine conversion table so medication is an answer but not the only one.

Thanks for the input. I wonder how my doctor would react if I ask her to drop the Lorazepam for more Pregabalin (they gave me a pack for a week for free at my clinic). But I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon, specially Pregabalin being so expensive and coming from a seizure like 2 months ago...
maybe I could ask Gabapentin AND Pregabalin instead of Lorazepam and Pregabalin? does it make sense? it's just that currently I can't pay for expensive meds.

Thanks for the input. I wonder how my doctor would react if I ask her to drop the Lorazepam for more Pregabalin (they gave me a pack for a week for free at my clinic). But I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon, specially Pregabalin being so expensive and coming from a seizure like 2 months ago...
maybe I could ask Gabapentin AND Pregabalin instead of Lorazepam and Pregabalin? does it make sense? it's just that currently I can't pay for expensive meds.

so you having had a seizure recently gives your doctor/you no qualms about taking half a gram of tramadol but apparently a therapeutic dose of pregabalin, which is used for treating seizures, is somehow too risky???
this whole thread has just left me all kinds of confused.

also you really shouldn't take ibuprofen and naproxen together, especially in excessive quantity or frequency.