• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Severe anxiety relief

suzieq70s

Bluelighter
I don't know if this is allowed. I apologize if I break the rules

I'm having severe anxiety right now stuttering twitching thoughts are so hyper focused on something that just happened

I have no prescription meds to help

Is there anything OTC that's can help

I'm used to 100mg of benadryl

I need something that won't make me sleepy

My young child comes home fro school in 5 hours

I'm sorry for asking

This is. Bad right now

I have and appointment with therapist but not till beginning of April

It's the soonest I can get in
I live I the Midwest of USA

I'm sorry if i m breaking the rules

Please and thank you

well in all honesty there is no magical instant relief from anxiety other than a benzo or other meds
benadryl is the only thing i can think of but 50mg it wont kill your anxiety but it could lessen your issues not 100mg since you state it makes you sleepy

chamomile tea can help

^ Yes, chamomile tea works well, also make sure you are at the correct vitamin d levels, vitamin d deficiency can cause anxiety. L-lysine works well, so does lavender aroma. Exercise will release natural endorphins, also a hot bath with Epsom salts will have a calming effect. On top of all these methods, there's a product called "Gaba calm mind", it doesn't work immediately, but if taken daily, it will help reduce anxiety. It can be found at almost any store, Walmart, walgreens, target, ect.

here's a web page with more remedies, that you may find useful: http://www.health.com/health/m/gallery/0,,20669377,00.html

- Hopeless Soul

I forgot I also have trazodone 100 mg tablets that I don't take anymore. But don't the anti anxiety effects take a few weeks to start

i dont know what otc stuff would work but grounding techniques help me when i get anxious or ptsd flash backs.

5 things you see, 5 things you hear, 5 things you feel
4 things you see, 4 things you hear, 4 things you feel

and then 3, 2, 1

focus on the here and now. your name, the date, where you are.

take something small to eat and examine it, look at it smell it, taste a small bit.

refocusing on things outside of yourself helps break the repetitive thoughts.

hope this passes and you feel better soon.

Thank you so much all of you.

Withlove thank you so much to you. I use to do this without knowing that it was as such. But when I was forced into a stressful event and had to keep my anxiety in check I would count in my head from 10 to 1. Then 9 to 1. Then 8 to 1. And so on. I had no idea it was an actual technique. It worked well for me back then and I will keep your advice in mind next time I'm having an anxiety attack again. I was able to find a few days worth of non-otc stuff somewhere. Will save it till its absolutely needed and I have my therapist appointment soon.

Thank you to all of you

There's valerian, kava kava, gotu kola... I never had much luck with that stuff but if your desperate I guess it's better than nothing. You can always try ordering some phenibut but the side effects and risks are the same as a benzo and not as effective.

This may sound weird but sometimes aspirin helps my anxiety. Don't know if the effect is placebo and don't have any science to back it up but Id say it's worth a shot. I use the Kirkland (Costco) enteric coated brand fwiw. Usually one or two 325mg pills does the trick.