Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Set and setting

Saaaeif

Greenlighter
Hey everybody :)

What is set?
And what us setting?

I tried to learn more befor i attempt my 1st Ayahuasca ceremony.. Alot of people if not all recommended set and setting.. So here i am asking the right people
What is set and setting? What does it exactly mean?

Thank you :)

Set and setting refer to the type of environment you're going to trip in and around. A bad choice of setting for a trip would be at work. A good setting would be camping at a safe spot with plenty of supplies and things to keep you occupied. Does this help at all?

Set refers to your mental state at the time of the trip. In general, if you're anxious about something, or depressed, or in a bad place in your life, or have other responsibilities you should be attending to, it's not the best idea to trip (although in some cases people try to use psychedelics to help push through negative mental places, but I would not recommend this for a first trip generally).

Setting refers to your environment that you're tripping in. You want to be in a safe place where you feel comfortable, with people you know and trust (and not too many in my opinion), and you should know for sure that nothing unexpected will happen like someone showing up you didn't expect. Here are some examples of things that would make your setting bad:

- Tripping with people you don't know, or if you don't feel very comfortable with anyone who will be there
- Tripping in any situation where you have to hide it from anyone
- Tripping in an uncontrolled environment where the circumstances might change unexpectedly
- And so on

Have you ever tripped on anything before?

Set simply means mindset. I try to make a habit of saying "mindset and setting" instead of "set and setting" because it's more clear.

Thanx alot :)))) ? ?

Have you ever tripped on anything before?[/QUOTE]

No my friend, i never used psychedelics ever in my life
But i absue cannabis and my whole life is kinda Paused
Ive been like this for 2 years now.. Till i stumbled upon Ayahuasca/DMT
I made my research and made my choice.. I am going with the oral brew.. ACRB with Syrian Rue
Simmering 3 times with mild acid (vinegar) and non ionsed salt etc..
I also intend to have a setter.. 2 actually
1 who tried it b4 but it was a DMT smoke
And the other is actually in my same situation
We r 2 pharmacists and a surgeon

Sounds like you're properly preparing, so that's good. Good luck! Psychedelics changed my life, for sure. Going into it with that intention, as you are, is a good way to increase the chance that your trip will be profound for you.

You have no idea how that just calmed me and made me feel alot better
Thank you pal
Really :)

Set includes also includes all your beliefs about reality and expectations as well as whatever mood you may be in at the time. You might want to read the book "the psychedelic experience" by Leary, Alpert and metzer. Its available free online, use google.

Yess! Books r my favourite source!
Thanx alot burn out ? will start reading it today
Thanx again ☺

I must admit the first time I ever took psychedelics was just after a death in the family when I was in the worst frame of mind possible. I still had a great time. Perhaps your underlying character is more important than whether you're feeling cheerful or down on that particular day. I always found if I was feeling down a trip would cheer me up. I do prefer tripping in a calm place tho like home or local nature spots. I've never been interested in tripping around strangers in unfamiliar places.

I can't think of anything more depressing or dull than "the psychedelic experience". Instead of sitting inside reading that to yourself go out somewhere quiet in nature - or if you don't want to go out, watch a favourite film. Good luck man.

Actually i have something in mind
I will extract some crystals using A/B extraction Tek.. Around 50 grams for personal use
As i said befor i am more intrested in Ayahuasca, but i wont do it alone as i mentioned earlier
But about the DMT crystals.. Ill smoke them in Giza right down the great Pyramid :D
U see.. Am Egyptian :D

I must admit the first time I ever took psychedelics was just after a death in the family when I was in the worst frame of mind possible. I still had a great time. Perhaps your underlying character is more important than whether you're feeling cheerful or down on that particular day. I always found if I was feeling down a trip would cheer me up. I do prefer tripping in a calm place tho like home or local nature spots. I've never been interested in tripping around strangers in unfamiliar places.

Tripping usually cheers me up if I am feeling down also.

I can't think of anything more depressing or dull than "the psychedelic experience". Instead of sitting inside reading that to yourself go out somewhere quiet in nature - or if you don't want to go out, watch a favourite film. Good luck man.

What is wrong with you dude? different strokes for different folks. I didn't tell him to read the psychedelic experience while he was tripping, you're supposed to read it before hand and then consult the short instructions at the bottom during the trip if things aren't going well and you to reach transcendance. WHo said anything about spending your trip sitting inside reading? (althoug I have had great trips sitting inside reading) but yeah, the book talks about set and setting and how to choose a good setting. Why do you always think your advice is superior?

you're supposed to read it before hand and then consult the short instructions at the bottom during the trip if things aren't going well and you to reach transcendance.

No you arn't. You're supposed to record it or read it to yourself while you're tripping. That's the whole point of it. How many times are you supposed to have read it?

Why do you always think your advice is superior?

Why do you always take anyone disagreeing with you so personally? All I said was I didn't think the psychdelic experience was worth bothering with. Why is that such a threat to you? Can't you disagree with someone without being offended?