• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Sertraline help please.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Ok, so I know this is not exactly on topic of harm reduction but I would really like some information to help my girlfriend out and explain things to her.

Basically she has been prescribed Sertraline for a Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Depression. I've never really heard of this drug before and the info I can find online is just the general leaflet info which comes with the script.

Whether there is any serious interactions, or how exactly it works on the brain. Is it an SSRI/ SNRIO or maybe an MAOI? Google isn't helping me so much.

I know with the absolute wealth on knowledge on this board I would hope somebody out there could help explain this to me a little more.

Thank you so much.

(P.S. Neither I or her in NO ABSOLUTE WAY plan on getting 'high' from this)

Sertraline is basically an SSRI, with some (probably negligible for most patients) effect on dopamine reuptake. It also blocks certain adrenaline receptors, which is presumably why some patients report feeling tired.

Dangerous interactions: Recreational use of Tramadol is a big no-no on antidepressants as they tend to increase the amount of Tramadol it takes to get high and decrease the dose it takes to get a seizure.

Thanks for your replies. I found most of that on Wiki. yeah.

Anybody out there taking this as of current or know somebody who is?

Cheers.