Mental Health Sertraline for Social Anxiety?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
My psychiatrist has prescribed it to me, 50 mg a day for social anxiety. I would like to know other BLer's who have used it for this purpose. Did it work? How long did it take before you noticed your social anxiety decreasing? And what dose were you on?

My psychiatrist has prescribed it to me, 50 mg a day for social anxiety. I would like to know other BLer's who have used it for this purpose. Did it work? How long did it take before you noticed your social anxiety decreasing? And what dose were you on?

***mod edit - please don't advise people to stop medications abruptly*** I was on blue, peach and the rest. Did shit for me, but gave me side effects, mood imbalances. Even sexual effects. Oh lose vowels a s well. If it ain't Xanax, Klonopin (Clonazepam) Ativan ( lorazepam) or Librium you don't want them. They have no use unlike the other ones I have mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me how it works cause I have bad Social Anxiety.I was on Paxil at one time and at first it made the anxiety worse and after a month and alot of exercise it began to get better and I felt like I was suppose to feel,I actually felt normal. But after a year it just quit working and I have never found another SSRI that works.But they say Zoloft is right up there with Paxil and is suppose to be good for Social Anxiety.

Tell me how it works cause I have bad Social Anxiety.I was on Paxil at one time and at first it made the anxiety worse and after a month and alot of exercise it began to get better and I felt like I was suppose to feel,I actually felt normal. But after a year it just quit working and I have never found another SSRI that works.But they say Zoloft is right up there with Paxil and is suppose to be good for Social Anxiety.
None. Brother, I had all the same stuff you are on and nothing helped but, dropping be them. Xanax, Clonazepam and Ambien really do what they say. You just have to be careful because they are very potent, addictive drugs, my friend. You do not want to be like me and become dependant to it

None. Brother, I had all the same stuff you are on and nothing helped but, dropping be them. Xanax, Clonazepam and Ambien really do what they say. You just have to be careful because they are very potent, addictive drugs, my friend. You do not want to be like me and become dependant to it
Always take as prescribed

Ambien had me fighting gang bangers, cops without even knowing, till the next day. Or waking up in jail. I was taking too many. Blacking out. Xanax abuse too, gave me 14 seizures.

Ambien had me fighting gang bangers, cops without even knowing, till the next day. Or waking up in jail. I was taking too many. Blacking out. Xanax abuse too, gave me 14 seizures.
Yea but how are you suppose to do a Construction job while on benzos.That could get someone killed...

There are probably other places that offer more reviews. Anecdotes here don't mean much.

It definitely can help anxiety. Your doctor seems to be on the right path. Usually they max it out at 100mg, but I've heard of higher doses.

You should give it time. Two months is usually the time period that SSRIs are given to work.

I was given it after Prozac.

It might help your concentration, via a substance that it's broken down into.

I was on ~200-250mg around nine months-a year. Didn't notice all that much. Perhaps better than escitalopram for me but really not significant. I've known some who do great on it though, notably with social anxiety in a few months. I did better with parnate, and later vortioxetine. Could engage with therapy/activities better.

I think I am in the minority overall but benzos (clonaz/alpraz) did minimal work for my anxiety and social anxiety, while making my depression worse. Decent for panic attacks though. I'm more on the neurotic/depressed anxiety end, however.

Give it a bit of time to judge if possible.