• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sertraline and weed?

Cs87

Greenlighter
So I used to be a daily toker, most nights before bed kind of thing for a year or two. I?m a college kid with lots of stress and things going on. On the last day of the first semester of my freshman year I took 2 20mg concerta for a test I was really worried about and didn?t eat anything all day. We were finally done with our test and able to leave campus (5pm) and So i naturally roll one. As we approach Taco Bell so I can finally eat I begin getting light headed and feel as though I?m going to pass out. My heart starts racing and I feel like I?m certainly dieing. The rest of the 3 hour ride home for Christmas break was spent laying across the back seat of my truck wondering if it was the end as my chest hurt and I felt extremely nervous about nothing. I?ve since discovered it was a panic attack and haven?t been able to smoke since without experiencing similar reactions. Since then my chest has felt discomfort daily, a pain of sorts but mostly a discomfort. Sometimes feel dizzy sometimes shaky more or less an anxiety ridden mess for seemingly no reason. All centering around my heart/chest. I?ve had an ekg, chest X-ray the works. There?s nothing wrong. It?s in my head. So I finally got annoyed enough to get it checked out at the doctor and they prescribed me sertraline 50mg. So my question to the group is does anyone smoke and take sertraline/zoloft? Has anyone experienced a similar situation, then gotten better with medication and started smoking again? I?d love to be able to smoke again because I loved it so much better than my current alcohol intake and would like to return to my much healthier lifestyle. Thanks.

Are you asking if the combination of sertraline and cannabis is problematic or if the sertraline will help you stop having panic attacks from the cannabis? If the former then no. If the latter, then probably also no. Have you tried experimenting with higher CBD to THC ratio strains?