• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Serotonin'esk euphoria from Vyvanse?

AbusedTampon

Bluelighter
So this morning I took my first ever Vyvasne dose, 60mg, I made 100% that was in fact Vyvanse(3x20mg S489 | 20 capsules) and I drank it down with a monster on a relatively empty stomach.

Note that I have not taken any stimulants, excluding caffeine, for the past 3 months, and I have a long experience with Adderall both IR and XR, and concerta, so I know what a pharmaceutical stimulant is supposed to feel like, this time was a bit different.

Anways it kicked in after about 90 minutes and it was subtle, then during the course of 15 minutes it manifested into a very strong high that I can only say felt near exactly like a very strong opiate buzz or maybe a weak MDMA roll.

The focus was obviously there and I could definitely feel the stimulant effects, however for the first 2 1/2 hours after it kicked in I felt incredible, surprisingly calm and relaxed but focused at the same time. In all honesty those 2 1/2 hours felt like something only serotonin or opiates would do, the 'love' feeling and the feeling of peace, serenity, etc.

Anyways my question is why did I get serotonin type euphoria, along with dopamine, obviously, when Vyvasne doesn't affect serotonin?

Or is Vyvasne just by itself like this?

And out of all pharmaceutical stimulants, this is the only one that I felt EXTREMELY calm and relaxed on, almost identical to how opiates make you feel, BUT, all along with the normal stimulation.

Also, when the "serotonin?" 'rush' ended, 2 1/2 hours after it kicked I almost felt like I could fall asleep any second, which is why I thought I was coming down, then after like 15 minutes I was back to stimulated but no loving, "serotonin" type euphoria was present.

I ended crashing about 5-6 hours in, and the only way I can break this down is like this;

First 2.5 hours
Great focus, concentration, organization, not much energy, very calm relaxed feeling, confidence, want to socialize, euphoria that feels similar to weak MDMA or a strong opiate.

Ssecond 2.5 hours
Eveything is the same except no more MDMA'esk euphoria, definitely felt like I was coming down with each 30minutes until finally after 5 total hours I crashed.

Any explanation as to why Vyvanse affected me in such a uncommon manner for a pharmaceutical stimulant?

And also I would love to know how to make another 60mg dose last longer, harder, and also any tips on getting the crash intensity down.

I had a single month prescription for Vyvanse about 3 years ago. I am replying to your post because my reaction may have been similar to yours.

The first dose I took, day one, was a 35 mg dose. It had a classic pharmaceutical stimulate effect with a duration of about 4 hours. Then, as I took the same dose daily as prescribed, the effects immediately transformed. The was no classic stimulation or motivation, but rather this very "stiff" and calm feeling. I would say I was focused, but not motivated and almost dysphoric.

This may help to inform you as I think many people find that there is much to be desired from Vyvannse. Dextroamphetamine may seem to have a stronger affinity for serotonin than it does when it's "crowded" with the L-isomer (as it is in Adderall, the mixed salts).

The reason is mainly that you had a decent tolerance reduction over your three month hiatus; caffeine doesn't count towards tolerance in this specific situation in the sense that it really has little effect on 5HT compared to almost any stimulant off the top of my head.

Dextroamphetamine has decent action on 5HT, and you took the equivalent of nearly 18mg, which isn't a small dose to the intolerant. This, along with recent dietary and psychological factors could have produced the effect, especially if you don't have a long history of stimulant use.

Last edited: