• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

serotonin syndrome recovery

hadini

Greenlighter
About 13 months ago I was a dumbass and dint take the tramadol half life into account... on the third day of dosing (700mg spread evenly over 72 hrs) i experienced the worst agony imaginable and presumably passed out into a seizure. it is believed to be a serotonin toxicity.

Since then I have had multiple issues including:
- chemical sensitivity... drugs and even vitamins produce alrming symptoms, brain zaps, confusion, visual disturbances, allergic reactions, temp changes
- muscle aches and stiffness. Cant even run on treadmill because muscles are so off it hurts my joints. Exercise helps the condition so i work through the pain.
-buzzing feeling in head. Off and on.
-sexual dysfunction/pevlic floor issues: pelvic floor randomly swells and stiffens usually on on side. Causes numbness and ED. Sometimes its better or worse.
-anxiety/depression: self explanatory. Less motivated.
-visual disturbances: bright lights and things are too much to take in. Seeing can be uncomfortable. It varies.
-autoimmune reaction: constant rash and runny nose.
-cant sing. Used to play guitar but my throat quickly swells up if i try to sing.

It has improved over the last 13 months but it stil greatpy effects my quality of life. I see many threads of people with similar experiences following mdma toxicity and was wodering if i am going to live with this forever. Noone has talked much about the sexual dysfunction and i was windering if anyone had gotten better or found help in that (or any) aspect.

Thanks in advance guys. It has been a struggle and frankly im just surprised i havent offed myself yet.

Hey man

Don't off yourself. Give it years... Though it's hard to admit, for some of us an absolutely full recovery might not be within reach. Still, I am convinced that all of us can reach a satisfactory level of recovery.

Could you elaborate on your autoimmune reaction?

For starters my arms are typically blotchy... its not super pronounced but if i have a few sips of beer it flares up. Occasionally i will have a very brief itchy rash on random spots of my body, usually thighs. My doc did one test to confirm... running a nail on the underside of my forearm. It immediately flared up red and puffy (healthy bodies do this but to a much lesser degree). lymph nodes chronically swollen as well.

Other symptoms i experience may be as a result of this as well. What was your recovery experience... did sexual and muscle issues ever go away?

Hadini,

For years I've had problems with some vitamins - Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Calcium. They cause me to get tingling sensations in my face and sometimes a pressure in my gums and sinus. I never thought that it could be related to the long-term comedown I had 9 years ago, but maybe that's it. The doctors cannot find what's wrong with me.

I also get it from chemicals like toothpaste and shampoo. The doctors cannot don't have a clue what's wrong with me. They think I'm insane when I tell them that calcium gives me headaches and makes me tired. Visual disturbances yes. Temperature fluctuations yes. Rashes - do you get the small itchy blisters that you can pop on your fingers and hands? Are you frequently coughing up mucous?

I'd love to hear more about your symptoms and triggers, although I'm sorry that you are suffering. I might be able to help you as well.

Last edited:
Have you had any blood tests for vitamin or mineral deficiencies? Coeliac? Tried magnesium supplements? Are you eating properly, including lots of fresh vegetables?

Obviously yes. Vitamins fine. Been to every type of neuro and internal guy. They suggest either Atp deficiency, mitochondrial dysfunction, or fibromyalgia (which seems to be a blanket term for 'who knows'). But this is guesswork and they could all be way off as far as i know.

Extensive bloodtests showed high levels of IGE (autoimmune function) and DHA usage (brain iflammation). tests showed i was low on vitamin D as well, but taking a supplement caused rashes and confusion mood swings...

I have no rpoblems with toothpaste or shampoos... though im sure i would if i ingested them. I have had responses triggered by aspartame (or something in diet soda), multivitamins, stool softener, fish oils, Nsaids, amoxicillin, muscle relaxants of all varieties, cannabis, cbd, even ambien and alcohol... dominant effects are anxiety and confusion at low amounts and at worse times extreme fear, muscle spasm, jaw tightens, derealization, terrifying eye sensations, seizure like feeling, chest pains... compared to when it first started these intense episodes are a lot more rare and tend to occur only when i forget my brain is broken and take vitamins or smoke weed or something. At its worst it was the worst agony i ever experienced and i repeated the experience day after day going to ER a multitude of times (each time they ddint find anything concrete).

Exercise helps cognition but makes pain symptoms worse... i used to be able to drink alcohol to an extent but i took a break from working out to rest my joints and regressed greatly. I encourage others to share and thank you all in advance. Im starting to lose hope.