• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel

Pillsbury_Dope_Boy

Bluelighter
I saw a doctor about 3 weeks ago who prescribed me Seroquel. I'm a junkie who was on Suboxone for 2 years and quit recently, and I've been having trouble sleeping. The doctor told me the Seroquel would help with sleep and with my anxiety.

Are there any lasting effects from Seroquel? What I mean by this is that there are some medications (i.e. benzos) that you take and feel the effects right away, and then the next day the effects have worn off. On the other hand, there are some medications (i.e. SSRIs) that you need to take for several days or weeks before you feel the effects, giving the drug time to "build up" in your system. After it kicks in, you feel the effects 24/7, and when you quit taking the drug, you continue to feel the effects for several days or weeks. Which one of these categories would Seroquel fall into?

You will feel the side effect of being tired immediately. Not sure how long it takes for it to begin having its anti psychotic effects. But ya it will help u fall asleep from the first dose. Not recreational at all,
But will definitely work if one genuinely cannot sleep.

For insomnia, you would likely be taking a low dose once a day, so you should only feel the effects while you sleep, although you may get mild "hangover" effects the following morning. YMMV. So to answer your question, it is not like SSRI when you stop taking it, you will not have effects that linger for an extended period of time

The reason I'm asking is because I like to do things like go to the gym during the day. When I take benzos (or any other downer) I can't go to the gym or do any physical activities. I want to make sure the effects won't linger when I'm not taking the drug.

I too am a junkie prescribed seroquel for sleep. I hate it... because I came to need.it to sleep. Juat dont take too much at night, or too late into the night if you wake up early. It CAN definitely create a nasty hangover effect.

It will 'work' or 'you will feel it' the first time you take it. Just be smart. For me, takes about 45mins to take effect. On average.

The reason I'm asking is because I like to do things like go to the gym during the day. When I take benzos (or any other downer) I can't go to the gym or do any physical activities. I want to make sure the effects won't linger when I'm not taking the drug.

You will probably not be happy with seroquel then, in my experience with the drug, there definitely is a hangover effect, or next day foggy/groggy fatigue...id say a short acting benzodiazepine would probably be better then seroquel. You said benzos leave u groggy, even the short acting ones? Doesn't one of the Z drugs have a very short half life of like 2 hours? and they use it for people who have no trouble staying asleep, but trouble falling asleep?

You will probably not be happy with seroquel then, in my experience with the drug, there definitely is a hangover effect, or next day foggy/groggy fatigue...id say a short acting benzodiazepine would probably be better then seroquel. You said benzos leave u groggy, even the short acting ones? Doesn't one of the Z drugs have a very short half life of like 2 hours? and they use it for people who have no trouble staying asleep, but trouble falling asleep?

They also make ambien ER which is good for staying asleep and it doesn't have a hangover IME. It's just super addictive

The tiredness will hit in immediately, well, after say 30-40 mins. I was once dosed 600mg seroquel for psychosis & was like a zombie going around after it.To this day I still hate that drug & if I have trouble sleeping I'll reluctantly take 100-200mgs of it it does the trick.

Used to be on 100mg seroquel daily, great for sleep and I got into the best shape of my life while taking it. It's definitely possible to workout while taking seroquel. Take it early in the night so you don't wake up so groggy. Imo best sleep aid available. Non addictive, non habit forming, though best to taper off. Dosage from 25mg to 50mg is common for sleep. Can be dosed up to 800mg daily, but you will likely be on a low dose.

Benzos are fine. I do get a bit of a hangover from them the next day, but it's not like i'm still feeling the effects. It's kind of similar to the way I feel the next day after drinking a few beers the night before (but not really).

This doctor is insisting I try the Seroquel, and I'm not so sure. I don't want to take any kind of downer that is going to be affecting me 24/7. I can't be on downers all the time.

Have you tried mindfulness, meditation, herbs like valerian root, chamomile tea, lavender, sleep hygiene, melatonin etc. ?

Taking seroquel for sleep is like driving a carpet tack with a sledgehammer. Doctors hand the shit out like candy, it makes me sick. you do not need a powerful antipsychotic to get some sleep, there are numerous drugs that have that sole purpose.

My wife takes this shit. Get ready to tell the same damn story like a million fucking times. Does she get some sleep now? Yes? Has her memory gone to shit? Yes and no. She seems to be able to remember every detail of her day vividly. She just can't seem to remember she already told me those details 5 fucking times yesterday so I have to hear them again for two to three days after I was told the first time.

Yes!! I took it, abuses it even (!!) Like an idiot for a good year. I took it for SLEEP for about 3years. Now, I also do and have done many substances but my memory has been severely damaged. I too believe seroquel to be the culprit. I cant remember shit. I notice it a direct correlation with when I began abusing seroquel. I used to have excellent memory. I am only 30 years old. Tread with caution. Make sure its taken for the right reasons in the right doses or at least be aware of the consequences.

Rant over. Im stoned. My bad. ;)

It acts like a massive dose of antihistamine which is why you feel drowsy and resets your dopamine level very flat.

It does help aleep if just before bed and supposedly anti anxiety at 25mg 3 times a day but that never helped for me tbh. Just helped sleep.

It's pretty much guaranteed to knock you out within 30 minutes after taking it. It'll also make you feel apathetic/indifferent to the causes of your anxiety, so if you've been having trouble getting to sleep due to anxiety then it should help with that too. If it's dosed correctly you shouldn't be feeling any sort of hangover the next day; what dose are you on?

These seem to be popular in Jail. When I was last there I would get seroquel of my cell mate all the time and take it with my methadone to try and get a nod. I was bored, it was jail after all.

I advise that no one else mix seroquel with methadone though.or any strong opioid and other sedating drugs