• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel (Quetiapine) Abuse/Addiction??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've heard of people in prison or on psych wards abusing it but assumed they used it for anxiety or to sleep when more recreational stuff was unavailable, but I've now seen two episodes of Intervention where the person was addiction to prescription meds and Seroquel was included in the list of meds they abused/were addicted to.
Does it potentiate other drugs, or have any kinda abusable quality? :/

These are the two examples [the name similarity is just a coincidence]:

Sandra [S05E03}:
Oxymorphone
Soma
Suboxone
Seroquel (up to 1200mg/day!)
Trazodone
Alka-Seltzer Plus
Also of note: drinks a lot of Redbull, pretty much chain-smokes

Sandy [S06E13]:
Percocet
Seroquel
Gabapentin
Ativan
Also of note: alcoholism; drinks up to two pints of Vodka a day

I take Seroquel n subs almost every day it tough im not on super high doses but still a hook

It potentiates other drugs in the sense of added sedation, but that's it. When you're in prison its "better than nothing".

It's not recreational by any means and is dysphoric if anything. Sometimes people just want to feel or think less and be drowsy.

There are also reports of people abusing olanzapine.

I've been prescribed both those drugs and would never consider trying to abuse them... maybe if I was in prison just to fall asleep and pass the time, I guess.

I haven't been locked up in years but I could see it being useful, and on rare occasions do meth one of my least fav drugs, but glad to see a ser-quel thread

It potentiates other drugs in the sense of added sedation, but that's it. When you're in prison its "better than nothing".

It's not recreational by any means and is dysphoric if anything. Sometimes people just want to feel or think less and be drowsy.

I've been prescribed both those drugs and would never consider trying to abuse them... maybe if I was in prison just to fall asleep and pass the time, I guess.

I get the sleep thing. Even not in prison or similar if I have nothing good and just wanna knock myself out for like 12-16 hours I'll take higher doses of my seroquel, thorazine and trazodone together.

Heard as well that quetiapine was abused in prisons but this tells more about the morality behind than the people actually 'abusing' quetiapine to sleep a bit longer. That incarcerated people had to suffer and to be denied basic pharms (outside of prisons quet is routinously prescribed as a sleep aid, something which is questionable on itself because it's abusing an antipsychotic as sleep aus but that's another topic).

As has already been said, quetiapine and other antipsychotics / dopamine antagonists have zero recreational potential. I went to straightly bin them when a doc wanted to prescribe me some.

Sometimes I get incredibly anxious and stimulated without any particular reason, I take Seroquel every night and it will kill it all very fast, probably better than benzos.
It promotes a headspace of "it doesn't matter". It's a terribly inhuman drug, but there is some allure...
Mhm I mostly just got sedation but quetiapine is an adrenergic antagonist, possibly does this help sometimes.

When I was a teen I'd tried hawaiian woodrose seeds and ended up with a very stimulated, toxic feeling with brain zaps a bit like SSRI withdrawal. All I had was some quetiapine and 50mg took these bad feelings. But this was about the only time when it did anything more than sedation and clogged nose.

Higher (150+mg) doses are nasty on their own, it begins to antagonize dopamine and the major metabolite is a strong norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor which can give me panic attacks.

Sometimes I get incredibly anxious and stimulated without any particular reason, I take Seroquel every night and it will kill it all very fast, probably better than benzos.
It promotes a headspace of "it doesn't matter". It's a terribly inhuman drug, but there is some allure...

I have a similar thing. Not with stimulation but I get extremely anxious sometimes and taking 50mg Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) works as well as say 10mg Diazepam. It doesn't have the same warm, fuzzy kinda feeling but purely in terms of anxiolysis it is just as good as a benzo.

As for being in prison, it'd definitely work. Take a high dose every day (particularly the XR), time will fly, you won't give a damn and at least you'll be sleeping well.

As for being in prison, it'd definitely work. Take a high dose every day (particularly the XR), time will fly, you won't give a damn and at least you'll be sleeping well.
Had this with mirtazapine (remeron) but only for the first one or two days, completely zombied out and time passing fast with doing nothing, was a welcomed thing in the psych ward but it didn't last.

Once they upped the quetiapine to 500mg, I collapsed when wanting to stand up, must have had a BPM of 150 and some days it would give me panic attacks out of nowhere. Guess it's not compatible with me.

I wouldn't call it abusable. One of my lowest points was stealing some from my cousin because I thought it would get me high. Just knocked me out. I have bipolar so I use it for mania at pretty high doses and I've used it to abort meth highs which it does very effectively.

It's main street value really is as a tool to crash down to finish a meth binge, sort of the users toolkit must have. I just use melatonin which works well for me at higher doses. Can't abort a high but it does ease me into sleep when I'm coming down nicely.

I suppose if you're in prison with no other options being unconscious is better than being awake so it's technically abusable in that sense.

I've heard from users in my drug telegrams that they take about 200mg instead of 50mg and it basically zonks them and they turn into a puddle so idk maybe that's a thing? I'd just do heroin.

All around a pretty shit choice for a high.

My final answer would be technically abusable, but not a recommended recreational drug.

In prison you just gotta see the doctor and ask for and youll get it it makes doing time easier but your not as sharp mentally and thats sometimes a bad thing…

Youll get seroquel twice a day and trazadone once at night,stay away from thorizine in prison unless your cool with being passed around as a bottom sexually, seriously.

stay away from thorizine in prison unless your cool with being passed around as a bottom sexually, seriously.
A friend (f) always told me in prison they would rape you specially if you're a bit handsome. Is this an urban myth or really that bad? Thankfully I've never been actually sentenced to prison but I was and still am near to, am on probation for non-violent drug issues and driving without license (unnecessary, sigh)

Thorazine is a typical antipsychotic, correct? So it is stronger in knocking you out than quetiapine I assume. Might be a good aid for comedowns but I just happen to hate everything which antagonizes dopamine, these agents are toxic, let your brain shrink and are notorious for dysphoria and anhedonia.

It's good cause it knocks you out, but it doesn't really do so in a comfortable manner, if that makes any sense.
For whatever reason I am very tolerant to antihistamines, in other times 50mg seroquel or 15mg mirtazapine would knock me out reliably but nowadays I can take three 30mg mirtazapine and stay awake, it does absolutely nothing anymore. Wonder how this might be or not be connected to dissociative permatolerance which I guess will change quite a bit of activity in ones brain.

A friend (f) always told me in prison they would rape you specially if you're a bit handsome. Is this an urban myth or really that bad? Thankfully I've never been actually sentenced to prison but I was and still am near to, am on probation for non-violent drug issues and driving without license (unnecessary, sigh)

Thorazine is a typical antipsychotic, correct? So it is stronger in knocking you out than quetiapine I assume. Might be a good aid for comedowns but I just happen to hate everything which antagonizes dopamine, these agents are toxic, let your brain shrink and are notorious for dysphoria and anhedonia.

For whatever reason I am very tolerant to antihistamines, in other times 50mg seroquel or 15mg mirtazapine would knock me out reliably but nowadays I can take three 30mg mirtazapine and stay awake, it does absolutely nothing anymore. Wonder how this might be or not be connected to dissociative permatolerance which I guess will change quite a bit of activity in ones brain.
When new in prison people are gonna “try you” to see what your about (punk or not) and you have to stand your ground no matter what (better to fight and loose than punk out) its all about respect and learning boundaries, lots of little things that you dont even think about on the outside could be disrespectful inside…

Im not racist but you stick with your own mostly in prison but county lockups aren’t as racially divided as prison, ive only had two fights with 24 county bids and 1 state bid.. in NJ

Youll learn who you really are….