PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Seroquel/Quetiapine—side effects, withdrawal experiences, EPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside2129

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I’m on 200mg IR Seroquel and 15mg Mirtazapine.

I’m a 28 y/o 220lb male who was hospitalized in October for debilitating tinnitus-induced insomnia and at that time, was on 300mg Seroquel. In a month I dropped down to 250, then in another month down to 225. For all intents and purposes I basically stayed on this dose until April 1st, when I dropped down to 200mg. I am 7 months in now and just dropped to ~187mg last night.

I’m glad I’ve been reducing the dose because around the end of March, I noticed a VERY SLIGHT tremor in my hand when using a dropper for skin care. This tremor has become more pronounced and when I lift weights my whole body feels like it’s shaking with certain exercises. I’ve been lifting for 12 years and have never experienced this sensation. It is incredibly upsetting and I fear that this will be a long-lasting or permanent EPS of Seroquel.

However, because of the reduction dates and timing of this symptom’s appearance, I can’t accurately say whether this is PAWS or a tardive side effect of quetiapine. Sometimes a body part of mine will twitch. Sometimes when I move my neck it feels more jerky and less smooth. My hands shake a bit which is apparent with food on my fork and with my skincare regimen. When I flex my forearm/wrist/hand will shake uncontrollably. It’s not severe, but it’s unsettling.

My questions for people who have been on seroquel: did you ever experience this trembling/twitching/shaking? Did it appear late? Did it appear during withdrawal? Did it dissipate?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.