• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

seroquel on comedowns or mixed with other drugs

StaySedated

Bluelighter
i know seroquel's strong sedative effects are nothing new to stimulant users(esp. those who binge) or other experienced drug users(like myself), and i'm curious how seroquel "rates" as either a comedown killer or recreational drug.

for me, seroquel is a must have in my drug inventory. the main reason(and the most common reason) is to knock me out when i crash on methamphetamine/amphetamines or MDMA. seroquel is also good to have if you're using strong stimulants because it will greatly lessen the effects of using "a little too much".

another "use" that i've tried with very mixed results is the use of this antipsychotic as a recreational drug. note that seroquel is not very different from some tricyclic antidepressants, which are also used recreationaly with other drugs.

now oral seroquel by itself is not likely going to give one any good effects except reduced anxiety and strong sedation. now i've tried snorting the crushed pills, and got a fast onset of feeling "fucked up". there was no euphoria whatsoever, but it was late at night, i was bored, i didn't use a high dose, and the feeling wasn't bad. it was a rush of sedation and some relaxation, not bad but not a benzo. i think what made this mildy nice was the fast onset of sedation.

seroquel mixed with other drugs for recreation can be fun imo. mixed with opiates at sub antipsychotic doses greatly potentiate sedation and somewhat increase euphoria. snorting the mix will lead to a stronger opiate rush but you can easily pass out on the nod. it's effect on opiates is similar to tricyclic antidepressants or some antihistamines like cyclizine or hydroxyzine. seroquel is better with opiates than diphenhydramine imo.

seroquel mixed with benzos does not cause euphoria, but it does increase the feeling of intoxication and sedation. same goes for alcohol, mixing with GABAergics is best for comedowns or sleepless nights.

the last combo i'm going to go over is with stimulants. simply put, don't do it. i actually(out of my stupid curiousity) I.V.ed it with cocaine because i wanted to experience a "Q-Ball"(one of the reasons seroquel is mentioned as a drug of abuse). the result of this bright idea was 5 min. of feeling the coke before the seroquel managed to "take over" and i passed out. seroquel blocks dopamine therefore mixing with stimulants is pointless unless you are coming down or are about to enter psychosis.

anyway, does anybody else think seroquel have it's "uses" as a comedown helper or recreational drug either by itself or mixed with other drugs?

*i just wanted to add that seroquel, like other antipsychotics, can cause a wide range of adverse effects so know and consider the risks of its use.

really, no responses?

i know seroquel isn't really that "recreational", but lower doses are a good mix with opiates imo. anybody else tried it with opiates(and didn't pass out)?

Just read your post buddie i get seroquel scripted 200mgs at night. As for its uses yeah its good low dose with dhc i find and yeah to chill out only draw back 4 me is the munchies and weight gain i eat like a horse after taking it but yeah you know if you wanna sleep seroquels your tablet buddie.

I am prescribed 900 mgs of Seroquel Extended Release every night for my bipolar condition. There are times I have I given some to my friends to help them get some sleep when they are all wigged out on something (LSD, Mushrooms,X, ect) and it helps a lot with getting you into nicer state of mind.

In all my years of taking it though I have never come across a buzz feeling from it. When I take it it just feels like my mind goes from 500 miles per hour to 0.5 miles per hour, basically my mind just turns off and I go night night...wherever I am.

Most - if not all - peeps will probably tell you there's nothing fun about taking Seroquel - whether it's on its own, or in combination other drugs.

I find Seroquel is a last resort (for me anyways) for insomnia and also for bad LSD, shroom, amp trips.

Yeah, this is a last resort. Sometimes the sedation takes a turn for the worse. If you are like me, then the sedation from larger IR doses are downright uncomfortable. It makes my tachycardia even worse sometimes, and it does not stop panic nowhere near on the level of benzodiazepines.

When I was in high school all these little wanna-be dope boys actually sold and took seroquel as if it were actually recreational haha. This one dude told me he took it before classes started and I see his ass in 3rd period passing out and trying to call his dad so he can go home, I laughed

Seroquel is only good for two things. Helping control psychotic episodes and putting your ass to sleep. Both of those go hand in hand though. You have someone wigging out the first thing you want to do is sedate them.

I got prescribed seroquel, but I only used it at the end of my meth binges or on normal nights when I couldn't fall asleep too. its great for that.
And I agree with wolverhamptonian, if I try to stay up on it, I specifically have a craving to eat grains like bread, chips, etc, idk why. But as for recreational use, I've known people who do that, but I wouldn't.

Wow, what a great post! I wish I had found this last year at the peak of my addiction where I was spending thousands and ruining my life. Well thankfully I made it through but this is what I needed to see or at least find out. Thanks ??