• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Seroquel and weight/fat gain

I recall that 5-HT2c agonism is considered to be anorexic, it would not suprise me if wide scale 5ht blockade caused weight gain, esp. with all the drugs that block 5ht2c...

I love to eat after about 2-3 hours after 300mg Seroquel dose.The easy solution as to sleep before this happens since the insane drowsyness hits long before the zombie level hunger does.
It stopped my weight gain, even with me being very sedentary. Not sure on those massive doses though...

I have been prescribed large amounts of Seroquel in the past and can say that these are amongst some of its most common side effects.

If they are unpleasant then I would reccomend speaking to a psychiatrist in regards to prescribing new medication.

i was on Serquel for 2+ years, i ate healthy, small meals, i went to the gym 3 - 4 times a week, i was a laborer ( i would come home dripping with sweet ) yet i STILL gained weight, not due to over eating ( i wasnt always hungry like i was on other anti psy's that i went thru before settling on Seroq )

A month after quitting Seroq, i no longer go to the gym ( doh! ) i no longer labour ( carpenter now so still physical but much much less so ) and i can literally eat bucket loads of fatty shit like MC d's, Inidian takeaway, chinese takeaway, Cafe full english fryups.. all day, every day and now i stay around the same weight, if not lose weight.. so yea, for me id say it RELAY fucked with something that creates weight gain. But now im off it, i can eat more fatty food and do less exercise and maintain a decent body mass/shape etc. with no effort.. its easier than before i ever took Seroq..

Im also generally much happier now i don't take any Anti Psy's ( altho i wouldn't recommend quitting them if you still have ANY psychotic symptoms, better to be a bit fat than permanently paranoid with multiple voices arguing with each other inside your own head, IMO anyway.. )

Anyway, it seems ( especially with Anti psy's ) each person has totally different side/longterm effects, i went through most of them before finding a tolerable one ( Seroq ) And im also entirely sure it ( combined, im sure, with the god knows how many other things iv taken in my time ) has changed not just my psychology but also psychically changed my body's workings ( metabolism deffo seems to be just one obvious example ), happens to be for the better for me, but... who knows for someone else...