• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Serious problems after consuming Caffeine?

Harbivore

Greenlighter
Symptoms from consumption of caffeine: Anxiety + heart palpitation + irritability + social withdrawal / robotic personality + tunnel-vision thinking + no appetite + a stressed out feeling

Those are all the symptoms I get. No positives. It’s all negatives and that’s after drinking one cup of coffee after not having any for at least a week. Once in a blue moon I will have a coffee and it will be a positive experience that brings mood lift but it feels like I’m just chasing that ‘high’. I haven’t experienced that feeling in months.

Last edited:
I tried caffeine all sources with varying dosages: from soda, caffeine from coffee caffeine from tea. It does not make a difference. It’s always the same effect. Noticeably more pronounced negative effects the higher the dosage.
I would stay away from caffeine if I were you.

If I have a large coffee it takes me several days to recover from its effects. Poor concentration, confusion, anxiety. I forgot to add insomnia/difficulty sleeping to the list of symptoms but that only occurs on the day I drink it. I don’t know how people drink coffee.

That's unusual. Usually these symptoms start to occur during a meth binge. I'd say stims probably aren't your jam. Smoke some weed and relax.

Symptoms from consumption of caffeine: Anxiety + heart palpitation + irritability + social withdrawal / robotic personality + tunnel-vision thinking + no appetite + a stressed out feeling

Those are all the symptoms I get. No positives. It’s all negatives and that’s after drinking one cup of coffee after not having any for at least a week. Once in a blue moon I will have a coffee and it will be a positive experience that brings mood lift but it feels like I’m just chasing that ‘high’. I haven’t experienced that feeling in months.
Some people are hypersensitive to caffeine, you appear to be one of them. Just steer clear of all caffeinated products and you should be right.
I can't have too much caffeine any more because it exacerbates my anxiety too much. Sometimes I'll have one before work but ONLY if I'm already feeling okay that day. And even then it can bring on anxiety. It's strange because I used to be heavily addicted to caffeine and drank at least 6 coffees a day for over 20 years. It's really only been the last couple of years that I've become sensitive to it. Oh well.

Some people are hypersensitive to caffeine, you appear to be one of them. Just steer clear of all caffeinated products and you should be right.
I can't have too much caffeine any more because it exacerbates my anxiety too much. Sometimes I'll have one before work but ONLY if I'm already feeling okay that day. And even then it can bring on anxiety. It's strange because I used to be heavily addicted to caffeine and drank at least 6 coffees a day for over 20 years. It's really only been the last couple of years that I've become sensitive to it. Oh well.
It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one here that has an issue with caffeine. I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t tolerate caffeine. I’m never going to have any again.

This is day 1 off caffeine and my mind and body feels so much better. Thanks to all those that posted here.

you sound like me, I get the same symptoms.

I am very sensitive to caffeine and will get anxiety, irritability, stress, headache, stomach ache, lack of appetite, a general tense feeling etc

It's very uncomfortable. If I have a tolerance to caffeine it kinda goes away.

I highly suggest taking L-Theanine with your caffeine - it prevents most of those symptoms especially the anxiety and irritability/tenseness but you still get the wakefulness

caffeine + l-theanine are extremely complimentary

Theanine is known to help keep the nervous system calm. I know health coaches and the like talk about it a lot and was using it myself as part of my supplement regimen at one point. Definitely worth looking into if your body reacts that way to caffeine.

I'm wondering if you have experienced any other stimulant out of curiosity? For comparison.

Theanine is known to help keep the nervous system calm. I know health coaches and the like talk about it a lot and was using it myself as part of my supplement regimen at one point. Definitely worth looking into.
it has some decent properties on its own, yeah, and with caffeine it has an actual pharmacological interaction with caffeine which reduces a lot of the side effects from the CNS/adrenic stimulation

I tried caffeine all sources with varying dosages: from soda, caffeine from coffee caffeine from tea. It does not make a difference. It’s always the same effect. Noticeably more pronounced negative effects the higher the dosage.

If I have a large coffee it takes me several days to recover from its effects. Poor concentration, confusion, anxiety. I forgot to add insomnia/difficulty sleeping to the list of symptoms but that only occurs on the day I drink it. I don’t know how people drink coffee.
Some persons are hypersensitive to certain substances. I believe that you are unable to tolerate caffeine in any quantity, and your body is warning you about this. Heed that warning, and you'll be fine. I myself can have just 1 cup of coffee each day. Any more and I get these infections in my scalp, face and mouth. So for me it's a pretty fine line.

🙏

This happened to me, except it only happens with coffee, caffeine in pills or energy drinks is fine for me. But just a little bit of coffee and I get overstimulated, sweaty and anxious. I used to be addicted to shit tons of coffee in college and loved it, since then I can't tolerate it. Weirdly, I have never gotten dependent on caffeine again no matter how much I have. I can consume 300-450mg of caffeine per day in energy drinks or pills, daily for years, and go without it for days on end without any withdrawal at all.

Yeah, try another type. I know someone who still at this day, isn't used to hot coffee/milkish or cappucino. He only drinks frappes, whichs are mediocre but it's still coffee at the end of the day

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one here that has an issue with caffeine. I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t tolerate caffeine. I’m never going to have any again.

This is day 1 off caffeine and my mind and body feels so much better. Thanks to all those that posted here.
Yeah you're definitely not the only person who has this affliction. Decaf products exist for a reason! :)

Some persons are hypersensitive to certain substances. I believe that you are unable to tolerate caffeine in any quantity, and your body is warning you about this. Heed that warning, and you'll be fine. I myself can have just 1 cup of coffee each day. Any more and I get these infections in my scalp, face and mouth. So for me it's a pretty fine line.

🙏
What kind of infections?? Why do you think that happens? Some kind of immune response? Allergy?

This happened to me, except it only happens with coffee, caffeine in pills or energy drinks is fine for me. But just a little bit of coffee and I get overstimulated, sweaty and anxious. I used to be addicted to shit tons of coffee in college and loved it, since then I can't tolerate it. Weirdly, I have never gotten dependent on caffeine again no matter how much I have. I can consume 300-450mg of caffeine per day in energy drinks or pills, daily for years, and go without it for days on end without any withdrawal at all.
Interesting! I used to carry caffeine pills with me absolutely everywhere I went, all the time, just in case I needed a pick-me-up. But yeah, now I can't have them, or energy drinks, or coffee, unless it's my weak coffee before work.

What kind of infections?? Why do you think that happens? Some kind of immune response? Allergy?
Actual infections - small and painful boils - on the edge of my lips, in the back of my mouth, and in my scalp. At that point I have to quit for a few days until they subside. Definitely a warning about more serious issues if I don't back off. Something a lot of people aren't aware of : Infections account for 13% of all cancer cases, so it's imperative to get those under control quickly. I strongly suspect that chronic infections may well become cancerous over time.​

I get the tunnel vision thinking for sure, my vision actually changes on caffeine where it gets a bit fuzzy and tunneled too. It’s like a fog sets over me, which makes it less than ideal for work.

Caffeine to me is best for a couple hours of socializing, to counteract alcohol a bit when out, or for driving long distances where a little fog is ok cuz you kinda get in a zone with it.

-GC

I am surprised TBH but everyone is different as they say. Shoot, I take 400-600mg a day to help fight the tiredness of coming off of massive daily doses of Opana. So sorry.

I don't know what to say man. Do you take any pills or any illness present? Maybe you should try green tea, which has caffeine but other compounds that make it healthier than coffee.

I have realized that 150-300 mg of caffeine is my perfect dose, beyond that and the negative effects that you describe begin.

Ok the best way to get caffeine in my opinion, that has the least side effects, is White Bean. It’s barely roasted coffee with more caffeine and higher antioxidants. I find it has the best effects profile of any caffeine source I’ve tried.

Also Robusta beans are better than Arabica, but they aren’t super tasty alone.

There’s more caffeine but seemingly doesn’t give the same foggy headspace, and less can be drank.

-GC