• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Serious harm reduction question - iv propylene glycol

Actually it's more the other way around. ALP powder of decent purity still circulates or so I am given to understand. Most "bars" bought illicitly these days are pressed fakes made with wildly varying doses of various Chinese powders, if your lucky, it's ALP, if you're not it's some random RC BZD and somehow it was fentanyl killing people just lately.

Do you have a source for this? As I'm sure you know. it's common knowledge that most pharmaceuticals (oxy, vicodin, benzos, adderall etc) that one buys illicitly are made legally and get re-routed at some point, so your post has really surprised me. I wouldn't know for certain since I live in the UK, and everytime I've bought benzodiazepines on the street they've still been in the blister pack, which is common practice here, and I just extrapolated that it would be the same in the US, like it is for most other pharms.

I was under the impression that most illicit alprazolam powder originates from chemical manufacturing plants in China and is reasonably (over 99%) pure. Dude's not grinding up xanax bars or anything. Cheeeeeeeel people ain't no need for all the hate though it certainly is entertaining.

Do you have a source for this?

Call it a "key informant." I don't play ball anymore but I talk to a few people who do, basically for journalistic purposes. I'm active tweeting about this stuff and plan to do some longer form writing ... anyway the net.drugs.scene is full of inveterate Chatty Kathies so somebody's always telling me something of interest.

But yeah, the situation may be different in the UK, but counterfeit pharms are becoming huge over here (fentanyl oxy's, pressed xanax bars which actually have significantly more than 2mg of ALP or have other random crap in there) and so on

brave new world

Call it a "key informant." I don't play ball anymore but I talk to a few people who do, basically for journalistic purposes. I'm active tweeting about this stuff and plan to do some longer form writing ... anyway the net.drugs.scene is full of inveterate Chatty Kathies so somebody's always telling me something of interest.

But yeah, the situation may be different in the UK, but counterfeit pharms are becoming huge over here (fentanyl oxy's, pressed xanax bars which actually have significantly more than 2mg of ALP or have other random crap in there) and so on

brave new world

First of all, dude, I ask for a source and you link to your own twitter?? I know you're a mod, but come on man, that holds just as much credence as if I'd asked for a source and you just quoted your own post. Secondly. the reason I was giving the advice may be wrong, but surely this means the recommendation not to do it just applies even more? There's all the problems with impurities/cuts that come with any illicit powder you inject, with the added risk that comes from the fact xanax isn't usually injected, thus the dealers would have less qualms with and less complaints from cutting it with who the fuck knows what?

I was under the impression that most illicit alprazolam powder originates from chemical manufacturing plants in China and is reasonably (over 99%) pure. Dude's not grinding up xanax bars or anything. Cheeeeeeeel people ain't no need for all the hate though it certainly is entertaining.

OK. If anything though, that makes it even less safe, so it's not like shooting alprazolam suddenly becomes a safe/healthy or even worthwhile practice because the powder is from an illegal laboratory and has passed through god knows how many hands in a form that's easier to tamper with.

Wow, that's a fucking fantastic idea there Einstein. Hey I've got a great idea, your brother has expressed an interest in injecting his xanax - WHY NOT MAKE IT EXTREMELY EASY FOR HIM TO DO BY PREPPING HIS INJECTIONS FOR HIM!? BRILLIANT IDEA!! Yeah, that way he'll certainly know how much you disapprove of the idea. "Hey bro injecting tablets is a really bad idea, you can get blood clots, necrosis, you might lose an arm and all, but anyway, I've made a nice solution and loaded the needles for you, have fun!". The fucking empathy and brotherly love is fucking shining through. If I had access to my brother's drugs and he was about to inject fucking xanax I'd act like a fucking man and take the tablets off him till he got some god damn sense, not sneak around a and prepare his fucking shots for him as if I'm his fucking nurse. Grow some fucking balls, man, if you have access to his tablets and care about the guy then do what's best for him, if he has his "heart set on it" then you'll only be doing him a favor. By the by, just throwing out there the only thing that has stopped me injecting drugs that shouldn't be injected before was a friend showing me his shitty collapsed veins from IVing subutex - being someone who absolutely adores drugs, the knowledge that intravenous injecting, an incredible route of administration for the right drugs (heroin/cocaine/meth etc) could potentially be closed off to me forever if I started being a fucking idiot and shooting up shit that first wasn't meant to be injected and second wouldn't even give me a rush was enough to stop me from being a dumb ass. If you've told him about the potential blocked veins, blood clots, tissue necrosis etc, then maybe telling him the truth about how every time you shoot a tablet you run a high risk of making that particular vein permanently unusable will make him cut that shit out.

I get your point, but I gotta reiterate, these aren't tablets, it's pure powder dissolved PG. I'm pretty sure I made it pretty clear in my orginal post, I wasn't concerned with criticism, I know the risks, I want to know, what I wanted to know was the safest way possible, I've found that now. Thread closed.

Oh yeah, no doubt, shooting random Chinese powders is not wise, they don't exactly have a good track record for providing quality products. But it's categorically different from shooting pills. And I'm not trying to cite myself, Rio, but just to explain the sort of research that I do these days as I was talking about. Anyway information on the fake bar presses, etc. is readily available, and pure ALP and DZP powders not to mention all the novel BZDs have circulated for a very long time.

Oh yeah, no doubt, shooting random Chinese powders is not wise, they don't exactly have a good track record for providing quality products. But it's categorically different from shooting pills. And I'm not trying to cite myself, Rio, but just to explain the sort of research that I do these days as I was talking about. Anyway information on the fake bar presses, etc. is readily available, and pure ALP and DZP powders not to mention all the novel BZDs have circulated for a very long time.

I don't think it's accurate to state that shooting fake chinese alprazolam is safer than shooting real Xanax. I know that you're a moderator, and I know that that denotes you with a certain amount of authority, but I don't think that makes you the last word in any kind of disagreement, and providing a link to a twitter where you comment on news articles and claiming "A key informant supports my position" with no links or evidence holds no more weight in my mind than citing your own post, moderator or not. I'm sure it's easy to rely on your mod title to ensure nobody questions you and make yourself the last word in any debate and that you're used to not having to resort to things like sources or statistics or studies that us mere peons do, but I think if your assertions or ideas can't be proven past "I'm a mod with a twitter and I say so" then you shouldn't be stating them as facts.

"Fake" chinese alprazolam: % purity questionable, impurities probably byproducts of synthesis, soluble ior not
Crushed up pills: tiny % purity, almost all binder, a good bit of it probably PG-soluble

This is common sense stuff.

I'm sure Google could readily find you some information about tested % purity of black market alprazolam powder, I'd be surprised Energy Control has looked into this. All I'm saying, and my being a moderator has nothing to do with this, is that by word around the campfire, fake Chinese ALP pressed pills have supplanted legitimate pharmaceutical "bars." Look at the multi-million pill busts in Canada, etc. I'm sure the DEA has some stats on this in Microgram and what not (probably the LE restricted access stuff though but trying hard enough we could find out) Citing my twitter has nothing to do with any of that and maybe I shouldn't have done it, maybe I was just being an asshole and self-promoting. I'll own that.

And I'm done with this discussion because this thread is a trainwreck and heading to being closed very soon.

"Fake" chinese alprazolam: % purity questionable, impurities probably byproducts of synthesis, soluble ior not
Crushed up pills: tiny % purity, almost all binder, a good bit of it probably PG-soluble

This is common sense stuff.

I'm sure Google could readily find you some information about tested % purity of black market alprazolam powder, I'd be surprised Energy Control has looked into this. All I'm saying, and my being a moderator has nothing to do with this, is that by word around the campfire, fake Chinese ALP pressed pills have supplanted legitimate pharmaceutical "bars." Look at the multi-million pill busts in Canada, etc. I'm sure the DEA has some stats on this in Microgram and what not (probably the LE restricted access stuff though but trying hard enough we could find out) Citing my twitter has nothing to do with any of that and maybe I shouldn't have done it, maybe I was just being an asshole and self-promoting. I'll own that.

And I'm done with this discussion because this thread is a trainwreck and heading to being closed very soon.

You just literally argued my exact position. "Purity questionable" - the crux of the whole argument. There could very well be cuts that are extremely dangerous to inject or at the very least not intended to be in one's veins. This is exactly what I'm getting at.

I guess I better think twice before questioning a moderator. You seemed like a relatively rational, level guy so I thought that, unlike many, many I've met, you'd be open to having a logical debate. I guess not. I guess you're done with this now, so I'll consider myself very lucky to get an answer to this, but if we were having a debate, and you questioned an assertion I made, and I said "its the word on the grapevine" then linked you to my instagram, would you say "Oh, okay then, guess you proved me wrong" and move on? Interesting how it's only after I questioned the veracity of you as a moderator using his own twitter and this mysterious hush-hush cloak and dagger "word around the campfire" nonsense as a source that you get irritated and threaten to use your mod powers to close the thread. I forgot that one of the many powers that being a moderator confers is never having to back up anything he says, and you've just proven exactly why. If a mere peon like myself does it, you can just close the thread. How dare I, after all. It says "moderator" right there, and you've just linked me to a twitter, where you do indeed talk about drugs. Who would need more proof than that that everything you state is 100% correct, right? I wasn't saying that you're saying "I'm a moderator, I don't need to prove what I say" but you are saying "I'm a moderator, here's my assertion, here's my twitter to prove it, and if you keep questioning me I'm going to close the thread"

Rio@ Your approach to harm reduction is comical. All you need to say is "don't shoot pure alprazolam powder or you will be living in a van down by the river!" I do appreciate your sentiment, but I just find it comical sometimes.

As for me, I get all my scripts from a pharmacy. I can see just how easy it could be to manufacture counterfeit xanax or any other medication and just use the pill bottle over and over to sell out of. It would add just that small amount of legitimacy that would make it dangerous for the consumer. I mean I would feel a lot more comfortable with the UK way of passing out blister packs that are tamper evident...but chances are counterfeiters already have the technology to make convincing blister packs.

Too the OP: You are not defined by your families actions.

pure ignorance
why come onto a harm reduction site, ask for advice, we give it to you and then talk shit because we tell you its a bad idea to iv benzos
simply because is not worth it for one and the damage you can cause to yourself is def not worth it

Crushed up pills: tiny % purity, almost all binder, a good bit of it probably PG-soluble I'm sure Google could readily find you some information about tested % purity of black market alprazolam powder, I'd be surprised Energy Control has looked into this. All I'm saying.. is that by word around the campfire, fake Chinese ALP pressed pills have supplanted legitimate pharmaceutical "bars."

I have access to powder supplier used by reputable presses in Aus/Thailand/India. That's how its esculates when you start pouring serious money into their pockets.

pure ignorance
why come onto a harm reduction site, ask for advice, we give it to you and then talk shit because we tell you its a bad idea to iv benzos
simply because is not worth it for one and the damage you can cause to yourself is def not worth it

Man, I never said it was a good idea, I simply asked if some one was going to do it how they avoid harming themselves even more than they go on the daily?

Haha, anyway thanks your "help" blue light.

OK. If anything though, that makes it even less safe, so it's not like shooting alprazolam suddenly becomes a safe/healthy or even worthwhile practice because the powder is from an illegal laboratory and has passed through god knows how many hands in a form that's easier to tamper with.

Nope. Less safe=shooting pills. It is, as SKL put it, a categorical difference. We are not here to argue over the legitimacy and purity of OP's product. He's stated time and time again that he has pure alprazolam from a reputable source. However true that statement might be, it is one of the variables in his question (not the question itself) and he's taking the risk if it's not correct. Get off your high horse dude. You've made your point. People shoot street drugs manufactured by criminal enterprises (as opposed to semi legitimate foreign manufacturers) everyday and are fine a vast majority of the time and I don't see you bitching them out. Shooting alprazolam isn't the smartest thing to do, but it seems as if dude's brotha's gonna do it anyways so all this abstinence bullshit is pointless.

In the name of harm reduction don't give the troll under the bridge any drugs. Period.

Trolls lives matter too.

Shooting xannax what a waste of a perfectly good rig! If the xannys fuck him up too bad shoot up some caffeine pills to counter effects,I'd bet they'd be awesome as well. Give an addict a needle and they will shoot all kinds of worthless bullshit!

I am being facetious incase some of you can't tell!