• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Serious harm reduction question - iv propylene glycol

Quexxxt

Greenlighter
So I have a solution of (roughly, maybe over) 200mg of alprozolam thoroughly dissolved in 50ml of propylene glycol. I am going to add 50ml of vanilla essence to it eventually and oral ROA. But I have befriended a troll under a bridge, who is just a little misunderstood and he insists on trying xanax via intravenous before I prepare it for oral consumption. So I want to know what is the safest course of action/instructions to preparing a PG based solution for IV administration? I understand these discussions are often taboo on this forum and I respect that, so if need be, perhaps some one could just inbox me the instructions, or inbox me a link pointing me in the right direction.

I don't think there's any talking my troll friend out of it and if he's going to do it, I'm going to invest my time to make sure he has the safest experience possible. I have used the forums search function extensively and done some research on google, and though I've read alleged harm free experiences (both positive and negative), all logical signs point to not doing this at all, are there any recorded cases of death from this I can show the troll to try talk him out of it? From what I can tell the safest option is to heavily dilute it with water and draw through a filter, but perhaps you guys know of dilutant that's even safer? I also read NSAID can prevent hypertension cause by IV glycol, is this true?

Clean 24 gauge needles are available, so it can be quite a large solution, 5-10ml if necessary. I also read it should be administrated slowly, how slowly? Drip slowly? Any help any would be greatly appreciated, in this case this truly is SWIM! I feel he is going to get some off me regardless, if I deny him it he won't understand I'm trying to do it for his own good. Once he has is and does what he does with it, it is out of my control, but he's my friend, so the only thing I can do is research high and low to try and ensure his safety before he grows too impatient. I should have just lied and straight up told him IV'n PG would kill you instantly or something hahah, but I'm a crappy liar and now he has his hopes up.

Awaiting your responses, the sooner I get the facts straight the better. many thanks in advance.

Also I've read the toxicity is of PG is very low, if he only does it once or twice (I'll let him try it but deny him any more), would the solution be harmless as it is now? I've read the IV xan experience isn't actually very enjoyable, hopefully once will be enough to detour him with out him suffering from any sort of intravascular hemolysis or perhaps even thrombosis (I can't see a single speck of powder in the solution though, seems to be 100% liquid, I have my heating/mixin/liquid preparation process down to a fine art). Also the powder I made this solution from is tried and tested high quality stuff, very potent, 99.99% pure type stuff, from a trusted source with a productionfacility that is apparently of aussie GMP standards, many 3rd world rogue pharmo vendors use the same source for their popular clandestinely pressed bars, so there shouldn't be any contamination issues with the actual product itself, it's only the PG I'm worried about, despite it being US Food Grade.

Last edited:
Stop it with the troll under the bridge SWIM nonsense, this isn't drugs-forum, it's not cute, it doesn't even make sense in this context and everyone knows it's you.

But anyway, assuming otherwise sterile and safe conditions, a reasonable amount of PG i.v. is fine, it's used medically e.g. for Ativan, but there are potential problems, which you probably won't encounter unless you really overdo it. Food grade if actually 99%ish pure PG (not the lower purity mixed stuff) is most likely OK although it's not medical grade but the difference (c.f. nitrous) isn't often much more than a matter of maybe a few % and much more significantly labelling and cost.

Also, the general consensus is i.v. benzo's aren't worth the effort, and the general consensus is right. I've even i.v.'d proper pharmaceutical preparations and there really isn't any rush which is the only point of i.v.'ing them as the oral BA is really high.

chew the shit or let it dissolve under your tongue and go about your business
no need for iv better yet why would you?

I liked the taste of IV ativan....and the fast way it killed my panic attack at the hospital. That's about it though. I don't see IV alprazolam as being much different. It is honestly better just to take it sublingually.

I have anxiety issues...pretty severe ones. The reason I enjoyed IV ativan was because it was pretty much going from an 8/10 on the panic attack scale to around a 2 in about five minutes. The high of benzos for me is not being in my natural anxious state...its more relief than high.

This sounds like there are too many things that can go wrong for so little gain.

I agree with deos68 why would you iv that shit. You won't get a rush it will hit you a little quicker not stronger and you will be laying down unnecessary tracks.

LOLL YOU RETARD THIS ACTUALLY IS SWIM, MY BROTHER TO BE INFACT, I DON'T TOUCH PINS, FUCK THAT RIGHT OFF, ACCUSE THAT SHIT, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME YOU LITTLE MUTT HAHA.

Because some cunts just like to mutilate them selves, and its better than fart boarding them selves with turemos full of water.

"I agree with deos68 why would you iv that shit. You won't get a rush it will hit you a little quicker not stronger and you will be laying down unnecessary tracks." Namaco, agreed, but this SERIOUSLY ISNT FOR ME.

Stop it with the troll under the bridge SWIM nonsense, this isn't drugs-forum, it's not cute, it doesn't even make sense in this context and everyone knows it's you.

iN ALL DUES RESPECT, YOU RETARD THIS ACTUALLY IS SWIM, MY BROTHER TO BE INFACT, I DON'T TOUCH PINS, FUCK THAT RIGHT OFF, ACCUSE me THAT SHIT, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME YOU LITTLE MUTT. I fucking hate that shit.

Because some cunts just like to mutilate them selves, and its better than fart boarding them selves with turemos full of water.

"I agree with deos68 why would you iv that shit. You won't get a rush it will hit you a little quicker not stronger and you will be laying down unnecessary tracks." Namaco, agreed, but this SERIOUSLY ISNT FOR ME.

iN ALL DUES RESPECT, YOU RETARD THIS ACTUALLY IS SWIM, MY BROTHER TO BE INFACT, I DON'T TOUCH PINS, FUCK THAT RIGHT OFF, ACCUSE me THAT SHIT, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME YOU LITTLE MUTT. I fucking hate that shit.

Can you blame him for thinking you MIGHT have been lying when you said "I befriended a troll under a bridge"!? How fucking stupid are you you dozy half-soaked cunt!? You can't open your thread with some stupid bullshit like "HURRR THIS ISNT 4 ME I JUST KNOW A TROLL WHO LIVES UNDER A BRIDGE LOL" then get angry when people accuse you of SWIMing you fucking moronic twat. Anyway, to talk "your brother" the "TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE" out of injecting fucking xanax, just show him pictures like this of what can go wrong from injecting the binders & fillers that come in tablets. However, to be honest he sounds too retarded to even have two brain cells to rub together, so I doubt you'll be able to talk "him" out of it. I mean, you're pretty fucking stupid, but it would appear out of the two of you, you are actually the relatively intelligent one - still really idiotic by the standards of a normal human being, but maybe you'd appear intelligent if, for instance, you were living with a group of chimpanzees.

Last edited:
Well, that escalated quickly.

I was planning on saying something very similar to you, so got perhaps a tad angrier than was strictly necessary on your behalf. I meant everything I said though, so I regret nothing.

Well considering all your, advice, I guess I'll just to have add the vanilla essence and water before he can lay hands on it, then express my deepest concerns to him and hope for the best.. Thanks for your, feed back.

Cummon man, that's a little harsh eh? After all, you did write your post like a fantasy novel with all that "befriended a troll under a bridge" bullshit haha. No law enforcement cares about some guy posting about his friend ingesting alprazolam on a harm reduction forum so why bother with that fantastical nonsense? Plus it's against "the rules". To answer your question, if everything in done under sanitary conditions, intravenous pg shouldn't present any significant concerns. I know plenty of people that have done it with benzos/thienos and every one of them was fine but didn't have any urge to repeat their pointless little IV benzo experiment.

Well considering all your, advice, I guess I'll just to have add the vanilla essence and water before he can lay hands on it, then express my deepest concerns to him and hope for the best.. Thanks for your, feed back.

Thank you for that information, and I suppose I over re-acted. I actually thought the rule was you couldn't identify the drug taker? I suppose it doesn't make much difference if I identify my self as a user as well. My apologies SKL, I was foolish and over reacted, but coming from a place where allot off friends and family lives have been ruined or taken from intravenous opiate or amphetamine use causes me to become temperamental when accused/assumed of following in their foot steps. But for the record, I have ZERO interest in IV use of any drug, bar the occasional clean opiate when in pain.

Last edited:
Can you blame him for thinking you MIGHT have been lying when you said "I befriended a troll under a bridge"!? How fucking stupid are you you dozy half-soaked cunt!? You can't open your thread with some stupid bullshit like "HURRR THIS ISNT 4 ME I JUST KNOW A TROLL WHO LIVES UNDER A BRIDGE LOL" then get angry when people accuse you of SWIMing you fucking moronic twat. Anyway, to talk "your brother" the "TROLL UNDER THE BRIDGE" out of injecting fucking xanax, just show him pictures like this of what can go wrong from injecting the binders & fillers that come in tablets. However, to be honest he sounds too retarded to even have two brain cells to rub together, so I doubt you'll be able to talk "him" out of it. I mean, you're pretty fucking stupid, but it would appear out of the two of you, you are actually the relatively intelligent one - still really idiotic by the standards of a normal human being, but maybe you'd appear intelligent if, for instance, you were living with a group of chimpanzees.

This is pure ALP powder dissolved in PG, there are no fillers or binders like the ones you would find in pills, I should think?

Wow, that's a fucking fantastic idea there Einstein. Hey I've got a great idea, your brother has expressed an interest in injecting his xanax - WHY NOT MAKE IT EXTREMELY EASY FOR HIM TO DO BY PREPPING HIS INJECTIONS FOR HIM!? BRILLIANT IDEA!! Yeah, that way he'll certainly know how much you disapprove of the idea. "Hey bro injecting tablets is a really bad idea, you can get blood clots, necrosis, you might lose an arm and all, but anyway, I've made a nice solution and loaded the needles for you, have fun!". The fucking empathy and brotherly love is fucking shining through. If I had access to my brother's drugs and he was about to inject fucking xanax I'd act like a fucking man and take the tablets off him till he got some god damn sense, not sneak around a and prepare his fucking shots for him as if I'm his fucking nurse. Grow some fucking balls, man, if you have access to his tablets and care about the guy then do what's best for him, if he has his "heart set on it" then you'll only be doing him a favor. By the by, just throwing out there the only thing that has stopped me injecting drugs that shouldn't be injected before was a friend showing me his shitty collapsed veins from IVing subutex - being someone who absolutely adores drugs, the knowledge that intravenous injecting, an incredible route of administration for the right drugs (heroin/cocaine/meth etc) could potentially be closed off to me forever if I started being a fucking idiot and shooting up shit that first wasn't meant to be injected and second wouldn't even give me a rush was enough to stop me from being a dumb ass. If you've told him about the potential blocked veins, blood clots, tissue necrosis etc, then maybe telling him the truth about how every time you shoot a tablet you run a high risk of making that particular vein permanently unusable will make him cut that shit out.

This is pure ALP powder dissolved in PG, there are no fillers or binders like the ones you would find in pills, I should think?

And you know this how? You do realize that the vast majority of illicit xanax is originally sourced from a pharmaceutical company, whether it be through sold prescriptions, stolen pharmacies or pharmacies from poorer countries with lax drug laws, with the upshot being that 99% of the xanax you'd get on the street, regardless of what form it comes in, was originally produced in tablet form?

Actually it's more the other way around. ALP powder of decent purity still circulates or so I am given to understand. Most "bars" bought illicitly these days are pressed fakes made with wildly varying doses of various Chinese powders, if your lucky, it's ALP, if you're not it's some random RC BZD and somehow it was fentanyl killing people just lately.

Ok I'm confused was I considered to be the idiot? I wasn't answering to one particular person as a matter of fact the he,she,I,us,or them doesn't matter to me. But again I'm confused(have smoked much dope in my life) and if I fucked up on being helpful I'm sorry!